PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Changelog

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 611612613614

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
oof, that beginning statistic reaaallly alarms me then, like 92% not interacting with zc but if you hatched 1k eggs 68% has? Thats a lot of people jumping ship after making accounts. I really something can be done to help encourage newer players to stay longer and play more.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
I could certainly dig in on that information, rmcqu1, yeh - presuming Niet was still here, lol. When I say 'I got curious' it basically means I asked Niet to do some digging because lil' ol' me had a thunk. Man's gone to bed. He tired. If you're interested in the information then I can ask him about it when he wakes up. :) ( We need a better tutorial c': )
Anabear64's AvatarAnabear64

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

( We need a better tutorial c': )
True, when I first started playing I couldnt figure out how to open player pages to do interactions for like 5 days and was only doing click backs cx
  • Please Click!!!
  • My Shop!
Lv. 65 — 5,511 / 12,871
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness 98%
Docile nature
Much love, have a good day 😊💜
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

I could certainly dig in on that information, rmcqu1, yeh - presuming Niet was still here, lol. When I say 'I got curious' it basically means I asked Niet to do some digging because lil' ol' me had a thunk. Man's gone to bed. He tired. If you're interested in the information then I can ask him about it when he wakes up. :) ( We need a better tutorial c': )
I'd definitely be interested. As a suggestion, maybe add a few of these random but still interesting stats onto the Stats page? Would definitely spruce up the kind of bland stats recorded there. Would anyone call "users since I joined" an interesting stat? And I have seen a lot of negativity towards the tutorial, especially with its failure to teach new players lots of the things you need to know to play, or just not being interesting and taking too long. An update to it might help somewhat with player retention.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Memento's AvatarMemento
(yo I know that adding ZC stats isn't necessarily a Thing That's Going to Happen but I'd greatly prefer it if, if that data ever becomes available to regular users, it's all aggregated and/or anonymized. I don't particularly like the idea of someone seeing my name or stats in any way that could give them an idea of my ZC interaction habits ^^;)
trans Audino by gladio!
avatar by Zenobelle - thank you!
Yeah, we wouldn't name anyone. That would be silly.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

Yeah, we wouldn't name anyone. That would be silly.
But you still have to call me out for being here so long that 84758 people have signed up after me. Angery face Jokes aside, I didn't expect any possible new stats to include leaderboards like the current ones (Unless you want to add Most Shiny/Albino/Melan/Delta Hatched leaderboards. Would be interesting). It'd be more like the stat you gave for players who've had zc or eggs hatched in a day. Maybe give the general "Total something done in a day" and maybe an "Average something done in some period of time." It'd better show site activity, both daily and overall or a certain period of time.
Scatterbug's AvatarScatterbug

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

"Total something done in a day" and maybe an "Average something done in some period of time." It'd better show site activity, both daily and overall or a certain period of time.
I would love a "most ___ done in 1 day" (interactions, eggs, daycare adopts, credits spent) and maybe also an "all time ___ in 1 day" or average done in a day. Those counters would be something i'd look at a lot, since i even view my monthly interactions a lot too x) And indeed, when my bf joined he was very confused, tutorial was barebones and I had to help him understand hunting shinies, interactions, and scouring a bit better.
Feel free to PM me about any posts I make, especially to ask for clarification or such
I have severe anxiety and may trip over my words or write things in an unclear way at times
triibu's Avatartriibu
Shameless plug for "more ranking leaderboards" suggestion thread, sitting at zero responses for now - containing also suggestion for monthly/timed leaderboards That said, Garthic, more stats on zc interactions and the like would be very interesting to hear!
  • Delta
  • Selling
  • Other
+ many more, including: normal and S/A delta Aron, Koffing, Ditto Check the fields and PM me!
Avatar made by ScribblyGryphon Signature under construction. LF: tabbed signature templates :')
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
As far as the new player experience goes, might I suggest making the EXP. Share more readily available, perhaps through an early task? I think it would even fit extremely well as a reward for doing X amount of interactions given that it's heavily related to interactions in the first place. While it's not the most expensive account upgrade in the world, it is something I consider to be pretty essential for improving your experience on this site. It gives a lot more immediate and meaningful value for your efforts and it just feels so much better to have some actual control over your eggs. The Egg Timer does technically give you a bit of influence over the experience of your eggs, but it's not very interactive at all as it's a passive experience gain. If however, people wish to keep it at it's current price, I think at the very least it'd be nice to have some sort of mini experience share. This could even be in the form of a passive effect that you just have right off the bat something similar to the games where the first Pokemon (or egg in this case I suppose) in your party gets experience regardless of having the experience share. This would also probably help some new users make the connection that an experience share item even exists at all and would perhaps make them more likely to search for the item. Overall the Exp Share makes the site feel better to use because you're given a sense of independence with your leveling/hatching ventures, thus making the site more enjoyable to many I'd presume. Giving the user a more active and engaging way to play the game right from the get-go would go a long way in new user retention I believe.

Pages: 123··· 611612613614

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page