PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Changelog

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 608609610611612613614

AsymDoll13's AvatarAsymDoll13
I know someone who has Asperger's, and she can sometimes say the wrong thing and make situations worse. I think that's why Niet did the things he did. Everyone is screaming about transparency when we can't even give the man the benefit of the doubt. He was angry that his artist friends were being, for lack of a better word, attacked. He wanted to let Garthic explain it, and Garthic did, not long after. Patience is a virtue, and as this thread testifies, Pokefarm doesn't have patience at all. I've been quietly watching all this time, and I, for one, am glad that Niet trusted us with what he's trusted us with so far. If I were you, Niet, I think I would have packed it in a long time ago on this site, but as a player, I love it! I love the sprites, the people (with a few exceptions), and the pokemon. It's a free game, can't we all just be happy that it's fairly simple and fun? Thanks Niet for being so open and honest with us. I hope that your day is going well. Now I'm going back to slowly clicking. ^^ Oh! And thank you, Garthic for helping us all understand Niet's actions! ^^
Type Race: 0 Profile pic by xaandiir from their artshop (click their name for the shop!) Here thar be Dragons
Those saying the sprites are back; I don't think they ever left?? I think it's only the unreleased Pokémon that we can't see the minisprites for as that's why staff were basically harassed. I checked my table of Pokemon I want to hunt and it remained unchanged unless there was a very short period of time where literally everything was gone lmao

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Doduo

Those saying the sprites are back; I don't think they ever left?? I think it's only the unreleased Pokémon that we can't see the minisprites for as that's why staff were basically harassed. I checked my table of Pokemon I want to hunt and it remained unchanged unless there was a very short period of time where literally everything was gone lmao
I believe that in the time frame this was posted to niets final update all shiny albino and melan sprites appeared as regular mons or broke? So basically the function to show shiny, albino and melan minisprites was broken for 2 hours which is literally the most insignificant thing ever considering a lot of gen 5, and 6 dont even have special minisprites so there was an uproar over a feature not even 100% functional in the first place
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I did take a screen of this post 10h ago

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

Here it's what people have been seing before it got fix two/one later

Phone Screenshot

When you don't have all the context and fear it's a permanent things, I think being upset is something normal.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
they did leave for a bit; i wish i had a screenshot, but for some amount of time they were all the same lol don't know how long it was cause i went to bed lmao, but when i left there were no differing sprites
I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
Ah that must be why my table was fine then, I literally woke up right after Garthic's explanation and it seemed fixed by then haha, thanks for that c:
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
I can see logic behind both sides of this argument. Niet probably did the right thing by not commenting on the issue while he was angry, but taking down the entire feature for just a few sprite issues was a bit too far. Since the issue sprites were the next batch of unreleased Galar Pokemon, it probably would have been better to only remove those specific sprites. It wouldn't have even needed a Changelog post, since they're not officially released. The few who want to look at them would probably just think they were removed to be worked on, and there'd be no issue. The issue with this was the removal of an entire feature without a reason, initially. That, coupled with some related activity (Previewing the minisprites), is what led to the eruption afterwards. The response might seem overreactive to some, but I feel it fit the situation. Change without reason? Then the reason being only an infinitesimal part of the change? That's the recipe for this kind of reaction. This can be a learning lesson for everyone. Yes, there's probably a valid reason for the change, but there's probably also a less-impactful change that'd fix the issue in the same way.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne

Too long, but still important enough to quote.

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

Oof so sprites were broken for two hours and everyone jumped to the worst conclusion that it was permanent.
Many updates are a case of "take it apart, find what's really wrong, fix it and put it back together." Unfortunately it's difficult to really explain it, and as soon as I do the "take it apart" phase then people tend to panic. Jumping to conclusions, often the worst, and then reinforcing each others' wild speculation.
I don't find this statement fair. Peopel were jumping to conclusions because we didn't get any information and that's what people do in that case. I appreciate that you fixed things this quickly, but it really bothers me that you always tell us we're overreacting. There's a good reason for that and it could easily be prevented with more information
I mean, it was very obvious with how niet worded the post that something was going on. He was upset and said that by saying garthic would explain. it's weird that in less than 2 hours about 40 posts some people were getting extremely upset and honestly a bit aggressive over something that was really quite serious and needed a temporary and immediate fix. And even when Garth explained the situation before niet fixed it people still got upset which baffles me because volunteer artists getting semi harrassed over unreleased sprites is a BIG deal. Some people may not see it that way but it really is more important than the color of a pokemon sprite being disabled for an indefinite amount of time. I think the pokefarm community should give something back since we're asking for more transparency and thats patience and not resorting to jumping the gun when changes are made, criticism? Fine and good, but blaming the staff for necessary actions or changes and saying mean things to them? Not so much.
@Terabbit " it's weird that in less than 2 hours about 40 posts some people were getting extremely upset and honestly a bit aggressive over something that was really quite serious and needed a temporary and immediate fix." It was about an hour, before Garthic got on and gave the details that honestly should've came during/before an update like this. I'm implying this should've been held off until Niet and Garthic were both awake at the same time, not Garthic should have been awoken sooner, just to clarify. Everyone, literally everyone, wants more communication. Getting a vague update on a vague situation that really impacted a small percentage of the site, wasn't helpful. Everyone wants the art team to feel comfortable and happy on the art team, they are volunteers who have volunteered because they enjoy the site and wanted to help it grow. I'm not saying this was an unnecessary or unwarranted change. I personally, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, believe the execution of this could've been better handled. It was and still is a serious issue, but it's not much fair to the entire userbase to just randomly make such a huge change without even giving the reason why. Now I'm not saying Niet had to communicate this with us regardless of his feeling uncomfortable to do so, I respect that he felt as much, but Garthic doing this an hour later really just feels like this could've been pushed back at least an hour, or longer. The message would've been just as important, and it still is important, even after a solution has been made. "I think the pokefarm community should give something back since we're asking for more transparency and thats patience and not resorting to jumping the gun when changes are made, criticism? Fine and good, but blaming the staff for necessary actions or changes and saying mean things to them? Not so much." Nobody blamed staff. Period. Some users got upset this out of the blue change happened and we couldn't even know why, but this isn't blaming staff. This is users expressing opinions, which is how the site grows, when done respectfully. Not everyone does this, and I apologize to the art team members that had been contacted disrespectfully regarding this, but this, to me, just feels like a situation where a few people do something and a big change is made leading to a punishment for the entire site. A very small amount of people on the site were even aware of this, much less actually doing it. It being using the pkmn codes to few pokemon before release. The actions some took were uncalled for, and rude, but the majority of this small percentage of the site using these codes were simply doing so in order to see what they'd like to hunt. The change, upon first being made, impacted everyone in a multitude of ways. People with pkmn sprites for all purposes were affected. Future hunt logs. Art shops. Trade shops. Even friend lists. Nobody was "saying mean things to them" or "blaming staff for necessary actions or changes" at all. People literally went from confused and upset, to sympathetic and feeling bad. You say "not resorting to jumping the gun when changes are made" but honestly, and I don't mean this to be rude, so I hope you don't take it as much, but I feel what you responded to Mareep with is really jumping the gun. They were giving their opinion, rather politely if you ask me (they got to the point, didn't use offensive language or act as though it was all Niet's fault or something, complimented the work that was done, and they didn't make rude/bold accusations), and you made a broad statement saying how the entire PFQ community was being rude, which I find both unfair and incorrect. People were understanding and sympathetic upon knowing the whole story, it's just the whole story should've been given immediately. Even if it meant delaying the planned changes an hour or two, or six. The situation would've gone down more smoothly, I believe, for everyone. I mean nothing I said as rude, or like I'm pointing fingers or trying to start a riot or anything, I'm just getting kind of annoyed with the reactions people get when just asking for communication. I understand it's not easy to communicate at all times, but for important situations such as this, more of an effort should be made. Please. I'd like to again express that I am sorry and feel bad, that some art team members got approached regarding their work in such a manner. I hope nothing too harsh was said, and that this does not happen again. The entire site appreciates that work done, some of us just wanted to relish in the new sprites and their colors as soon as possible, as we are both eager for more Galar sprites, and their special colors ;p Thanks for reading my two cents, I'll be quiet now lol New posts happened while I typed but I spent like 20 minutes typing this so still posting
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I think niet probably just chose the quickest way to stop the issue without having to be too specific about it so he wouldnt have to talk about it. Niet confirmed that he was upset by the actions of the art staff recieving unasked for critism on sprites not even released and perhaps that caused a lapse in judgement so Niet did the quickest or first thing he could think of. I personally enjoyed seeing the galar sprites before they released, im kind of upset that some users ruined that privilege of people being able to get a lil sneak preview... But i am much more angry that some people had the audacity to pm art staff about such things. It really turns my stomach that volunteer artists for a pokemon fan site would get harrassed like that. he couldve said he would fix it later but live and learn, plus emotions are bleck and make us do things and say things we regret.
"I think the pokefarm community should give something back since we're asking for more transparency and thats patience and not resorting to jumping the gun when changes are made, criticism? Fine and good, but blaming the staff for necessary actions or changes and saying mean things to them? Not so much." Yeah we do give something back--our money, lol.
Avatar: Official (Project Sekai)

Pages: 123··· 608609610611612613614

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page