PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

S/A Complaining Thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 616263

arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by ladyfiaragc

Hurray!! MY PEOPLE!! The odds are going to be even WORSE now. My old hunts would last around 600ish eggs before I got all the shinies I needed (I've always used full buffs, but initially not shiny charms because I didn't have the charm box) But now... NOW!!!! Nearly 600 eggs and zero shinies. 2 Melans though. I'm just so incredibly frustrated. This was my place yanno? This was my place to get away and just play pokemon the way that I wanted to play and it was perfect. Imagine starting out and shinies and melans are priced stupid high because people who saturated the market complained about prices of shinies/albinos (As I'm to understand that's why the change came about) So for whatever reason now Melans are easier to get than shinies? (at least for me) Then you get high enough level that you're ready to start hunting your own shinies, thinking it would be okay with the minimal knowledge of starting out here being still fairly new. You're 1000 in to hatching and you have a full time job, significant other, as well as events to go to. Maybe you get 1 shiny a month. Is that ever going to hold a player here? Hint, I can see the future, and new players are NOT going to stick around. Old players are going to saturate the market with Melan's now. Thank you for listening to my rant. I feel slightly better now.
Hmm... I understand you're having terrible luck, but just thinking statistically, I find it hard to believe the site would actually make melans more common than shinies. I also saw someone else posting in the melan hatch thread that both of their first two "shinies" in their hunt were melans, so it's not just you, but I do think it might just be bad luck. Perhaps once your Ubercharm expires, don't buy a new one (since it just boosts melan chances now), and switch to shiny charms instead? If you are after shinies only that is. At least you can sell your unwanted melans to get money for the shiny charms/recharging.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
ladyfiaragc's Avatarladyfiaragc

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

Hmm... I understand you're having terrible luck, but just thinking statistically, I find it hard to believe the site would actually make melans more common than shinies. I also saw someone else posting in the melan hatch thread that both of their first two "shinies" in their hunt were melans, so it's not just you, but I do think it might just be bad luck. Perhaps once your Ubercharm expires, don't buy a new one (since it just boosts melan chances now), and switch to shiny charms instead? If you are after shinies only that is. At least you can sell your unwanted melans to get money for the shiny charms/recharging.
I don't plan to get another ubercharm. It was just there when the changes happened. And yea, I have tons of shiny charms because I turned in my charging box for 10, plus I had 10 to start with so make the most out of recharging with the box so. And yea, that's how mine was. The only 2 'shinies' in my chain are the melans I hatched. First one hatched at just under 200 eggs.
Score: 0
Typerace Icon courtesy of Lycankai! Avatar is courtesy of whmSeik on Deviantart! Check out their art here!
muffi's Avatarmuffi
its not just bad luck, with the übercharm working not as x2 boost anymore, the chances to hatch albinos adn shinies are halfed now for those that used to use it before the change. im just still here to fill my shiny and albino dex. before the change it was rather pleasant, as i was able to finish shortchains in about 1.5 days by full usage of the max shelter pass and all boosts. since the change i just keep sittnig in my chains for days, which is what bores me and why i dont hunt melans. i really thought this was just conincidentally bad luck i had. in my last chain i hatched ~230 eggs without a single special in. on all boosts on. thats 2 conscutive days wasted, since the shiny or albino cahnces dont rise with longer chains. theres more than 800 canon pokemon. if you get ~1 shiny and albino set per day, you still have content for more than 2 years of playing. and thats just if you play every single day, dont farm a melan ever, or something specific for tournaments, type races or the wishforge. the market is difficult to access and super oversaturated with specials of all kind and dex trade shops, so there wont be a difference in completing time for the special dexes by currency. I dont see a single valid reason to drop the base rates by 1/2. this is just so massively frustrating. the type race wasnt as fun with barely specials dropping, and i would lie that i would actually still would look forward to this tournament that i prepared and was actually hyped for.
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider
Loey Like's AvatarLoey Like
As someone that's been playing daily since last August and only gotten 1 shiny (0 melans) I now feel like even hatching shinies are out of my reach. I see a lot of people's price points reflecting the shiny deficit, a lot of people sell them for the same price as albinos because it's easier to get albinos. I've hunted before but never with charms, and I've always seen melans as something I'll never be able to afford. I'd have to pour a lot of actual money into the game to get all the modifiers going, including HM, and I don't feel confident the return would be worth it. (As in, I wouldn't produce enough specials to make paying that much worth it)
All of my fields are UFT except the ones that say NUFT you can PM me if I don't have a thread up :) Avatar from advent calendar
muffi's Avatarmuffi
oof, a single shiny on a Sei day. I havent gotten that few specials since i wasnt able to buy HM or the charms.. and yet after these days with not any special at all i feel i need to be happy about it. sorry about another post, but i recently feel like needing to complain too often, so im glad this threat exists. guess thats better than just rage-quitting..? does that sound rationally? idk u_u
Dripdragon's AvatarDripdragon
So I've been struggling with hatching any special pokemon on my luvdisc hunt. For some reason my luck is just trash with luvdisc specifically. Fully charmed, boosted, and water is my highest wishforge. My chain is at 500+ and I haven't hatched a special in over 250 eggs smh. I don't normally have this issue with any other hunt I've done so far. Thanks to whoever reads my rant lol.
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
I hope this is the right place for this, I have a gastly chain that's already at 412 eggs in chain. I have hatched 3 shinys. 0 albinos. I really want at least an albino before I really give up on this hunt! Shiny 1 was at egg 87 Shiny 2 was at egg 120 Shiny 3 was at egg 192
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
HailToTheQ's AvatarHailToTheQ
I mean...I hope this is an complain but I am getting albinos out of nowhere but I want shinies. So far I have hatched 2 out of a chain 46. Like where are these guys coming from!?
Please give love to them!
Avatar was commished by my close friend DirkAurea on discord.
Whimbie's AvatarWhimbie

QUOTE originally posted by HailToTheQ

I mean...I hope this is an complain but I am getting albinos out of nowhere but I want shinies. So far I have hatched 2 out of a chain 46. Like where are these guys coming from!?
Same! It feels like albino odds went up or something. My shiny scatterbug hunt had a 2 shiny to 9 albino ratio before I got fed up and ended it early lol.
ChampionCedar's AvatarChampionCedar
Personally I don't think the albino rates went up, in fact from my own experience I think they went down due to the changes to the ubercharm. In the past a few years ago I could expect an albino roughly every 100-150 eggs or so, recently I've hatched almost 500 Ralts and only got 1 albino and for the Type Race I've been hatching Hoothoots for a few days now and haven't found any. IIRC Albino rates aren't affected by HM, and I always boost to the max level on the albino radar, so I really do think the albino rates have gone down.
Avatar photo is an image of my own flying Pikachu from old Pokefarm, now the flying Raichu below. Credits Pokefarm 1 sprite creators for flying pikachu sprite, dressed it up myself. Farmer at Pokefarm Q since February 24 2014, Veteran of Pokefarm 1 since April 29 2012
Lv. 100 — +1,561,487
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricFlying
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 616263

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page