PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 5051525354··· 858687

Cele's AvatarCele
D33R, not to be rude or anything so please don't take this the wrong way - you may be speaking to us, but that does not mean you speak for us. Please let us speak for ourselves. We're adults. I feel like you're overreaching your place a bit here especially given that you've only had readily available information reiterated to you privately. You don't know anything more than anyone else here does. You're offering Niet's Asperger's, his private medical condition, as an excuse on his behalf not only when he hates it being used as such, but also when he has never used it as an excuse. He only ever mentions it to explain why he had failed in the past to articulate himself properly - and at no point was it used to excuse anything. Where failures occurred, Niet has always said he could do better. Basically said, he can speak for himself. I only do so in this post with his permission and with him reviewing what is being said. That said, staff are discussing things pertaining to this thread so please bear with us.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Thank you, Cele, for keeping us updated about what's going on ^^ Even if theres not so much ""Answers"" here, it still feels great to be kept in the loop and know we're being acknowledged and thought about.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Privigen's AvatarPrivigen
I've read the first post (the seemingly massive amount of pages after that is Intimidating) and honestly? A block feature not having been implemented here is shocking and -admittedly- embarrassing. On all other adoptable games I'm on, (Chicken Smoothie, Flight Rising etc etc) there is a block feature. The CS block feature might be the best choice of feature, just for the fact that the blocked can't message the blocker, could post on forums but the blocked's post is under a "You've blocked this user. Look at the post?" and disallows all interactions between two users. It doesn't have any drop down menus over what the block is about, and then the blocker is free to report if needed.
Bear or Adonis | He/It pronouns
Lv. 80 — 11,219 / 21,014
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness MAX
Serious nature
do not believe in false prophets that come to you in sheeps clothing
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
At this point, I'd be shocked if anyone came in and read all 500 or something posts. For the most part, I'm trying my best to keep the important information in the first / main post so that people can do just what you've done; gather context and provide their opinion on what's actually important and relavent to the discussion without having to wade through pages of arguing ^^' Also, the reason we talked about adding some way to clarify why you're blocking someone, was because many people were worried that people would block instead of reporting! I personally would be alright with or without said drop down list, but I also like to thing it helps eliminate one of those little nuance problems.
QuoKka's AvatarQuoKka
Lol I read every single post and I’ve come down to the opinion of wanting a block feature on this site. Yes I do want a block feature almost every site I’ve been too that has social interactions and it has a block feature. If you are going to have a forum feature in your game you might as well add a block button. I know several adoptable games that have a user chat area or forum and it’s as simple as collecting different pets and those sites have a block feature. I know these points have already been made but I’ve read through all posts and agree on the side of having a block feature. Everyone should have a nice enjoyable experience on this site. I’ve just came back recently and Im still shocked there isn’t a block feature still and this game has less staff members than before so a block feature would be a big help until staff are added. The idea of a block feature being abused is understandable however there are people who abuse every sort of system of mechanics of different games and social media sites. Heck even the report button could be abused in certain situations. And even pokérus was pretty broken at one point and abused. So yes the abuse of a block button isn’t as big as you think. People block people that make them uncomfortable or have had past experiences with them. It usually depends on what situation it is for the feature to be abused. Anyways this is what I think after reading every post ;w; hope it was worth it LOL.
Me and the boys coming to give you a vibe check
Caliban's AvatarCaliban
I personally wouldn't want a block feature for myself, I have no need for it. Though that being said I'm not against it because I know other people do/might have a need for one... So in other words I guess I'm saying I support this feature.
Avatar is my sonic OC Presto, drawn by Kazuma Kiryu
Kaosan's AvatarKaosan
My English is bad, sorry. I hope I have not missed something important among all the posts, looking carefully at what can be done to create a block feature I think that in the end it would be a kind of soft block? Since I mostly see that the name of the blocked user would have his name censored (ex: forums / pokerus? / Wondertrade, etc) but in the end the user will not be able to communicate with you. Even though you can still see the user after blocking it (not at all) i think it's better than nothing. :/ FULL SUPPORT.

idk not relevant at all.

Honestly, i wouldnt use it, i rather to talk with the person about it, everyone does mistakes and i think its better to talk than block, there could generate a lot of separation between users? / misunderstood? Buut its totally understable if the user wants to block and i see that a lot people really need this.
Lyrina25's AvatarLyrina25
I would be for this, honestly. I can't see myself using it, and I hope I never have to, but it would be useful for those having issues with other users that just can't be solved by talking it out and is too small to get mods involved. After all, why should we bother the mods for us not getting along with someone? I'm sure they have better things to do than babysit us.
Stop reporting my template and signature for Arceus' sake..! Sprites in siggy made by me other than the liepard which is officially nintendo's~
Huntess's AvatarHuntess
I mighta missed something so im just throwing my opinion out there. At this point i have little care for this website. I feel like if all mention of Black Lives Matter, All lives Matter, Acabad, Anti-Acabad, and the stuff relating to the current movement ect was removed, There wouldnt be half of the current issues going on. Wether people agree with it or not, all it does is cause arguements and issues for everyone. Until all of this stuff is over, im full support of a block feature, though i dont think this will stop the problems users are having. To clarify: No, i dont think ALL issues are caused by the current climate, im saying that since this stuff has been going on, theres been a lot more problems with harassment. I also dont care what "side" your on, its not about that, nor do i wish to diacuss that. I dont play this game anymore because of all the harassment, bullying, stalking and hate. I just hope it will change in the future. I truly believe if a block feature is implemented, people that want to cause issues with others that much, will find other ways around it, which is already happening. Until people learn to grow up and be mature, these vile acts will continue, either on pokefarm, or on discord, tumblr or other websites/chat forums. I dont think a block feature on pokefarm will stop that, but at least it may give some users a little peace of mind. Maybe if the game showed improvement i would play again, but for now i only come on maybe once a month to join certain forums. This is no way me complaining about staff either. They do their bloody hardest to try and please everyone, and proceed to get a lot of hate because of it. I cant thank staff enough for all the times they have helped me personally with issues, and always were on the issues almost instantly. Staff deserve a lot more respect than they get sometimes, and i was tired of people moaning about staff even before I left. This game has wwaaayyyy too much hate for my liking, which is sad to say. Their shouldnt be any on a pokemon game, but its deffiently shown people's true colours this year. I just wish good luck to the staff and users who have to deal with it all. no one deserves to go through this kinda stuff. Edit: Hi Tumblr Anons. God you guys stalk a lot 0_0

Female | 21 | Ace | Art Shop | Journal | Pokemon Shop |

| BG | Code | Avatar |

nanamou's Avatarnanamou
I have to agree with Huntess- Not about not having care for the site, I still love PFQ- But there is a little bit too much hate and ganging up on this thread ("blah blah blah", "yeah i agree with @_____" "Actually i dont think so. blah blah" "no youre actually wrong, because blah blah" "yeah @___ is right please dont speak for us" "yeah", etc.). I would still like a block feature to be implemented, but the discussion is kind of too intense for me right now, so I'm gonna silence the thread for a bit. I'd just like to ask that everyone stop being like "No offense or anything" or "not trying to be rude but" even with the best intentions. Just saying that doesn't mean the other person won't be offended. Just please try to word it nicely so that you don't have to say it too often. This is just a small reminder that younger people may read this as well. I've tried to word this as well as possible (and yes, I hear myself, I need to work on this too), so my apologies if I've missed anything/offended anyone. So, I'll be back in about a week or two to see how the discussion is going.
nanamou • she/he/they • Pansexual JOURNALPM POLICYART SHOP hello there forums of pfq! i am here to spread the derps and use up pixels on your screen. have a very good day C:
Background is official Genshin Impact art | Icon | Code

Pages: 123··· 5051525354··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page