PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Welcome to the Recode!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 352353354355356··· 428429430

Wacko's AvatarWacko
Thanks Garthic, everything you just said was running through my mind and I was about to type it out, but I press refresh and there's yours! I was just about to voice my 100% respect and approval of this update. It's a very responsible and wise move to make. Thank you.
Enteigon's AvatarEnteigon

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

A "speed limit" has been added to Interactions. This limit will advise you to take a short break from interacting after a long period of doing so, similar to how many games advise breaks between games.
Does this new speed-limit take effect if the site is opened all the time or only if you have clicked en-masse? I ask because i have pokefarm pinned to my browser and I don't want to have to unpin it only to forget about all my pokemon.
Avatar made by foxface x3 on Deviantart, commissioned for me Please help these little guys grow
No, Enteigon - it only does anything if you constantly click.
Grimmew's AvatarGrimmew
Personally, I love the new updates. Not just the lowered prices of some of the items. I appreciate all the hard work Niet puts into making the site better for everyone (even if some people complain about the updates). My only issue is that the mass clicking lock-out thing is going to be a pain for someone like me who has to mass click for her eggs every time (darn SSC eggs!). Exclusive Pokemon hunters, like myself, need to mass click a lot and sometimes I have to do a lot in a short amount of time. However, I do know quite a few people who refuse to take breaks when mass clicking (even when they need to). So I see this as a good thing even if it will be a tad annoying for a while.
Important Links: 📥 Trade Thread NEW 📤 🗂 Template Shop 🗂 Collecting: Lono Idols!
× 33 / 500 or 1,000
Also collecting: Highest Priority:
Origin Sash
Lustrous Orb
Viridian Epee
Lono Idol
More listed in Trade Shop
Wow. Ok. So after reading through the whole discussion about the click limit, I gotta ask... why couldn't the users be polled about something like this? I understand that many things were taken into consideration, but you're now forcing users who love this site to take a break when they neither need nor want to. If I was still on my Koroku hunt, I would be even more upset with this update. I can click over 10k in an hour if I need to be breed something. But now I would basically be punished for trying to move my hunt along? No offense, but I think this is a bad move. I honestly think it will drive away some of the very dedicated users - the ones that pay to keep up their hunts. Especially ones like Koroku (I spent at least a month on that hunt, but I'm pretty sure it was more like two) or melan hunts. Edit: I'd like to add that It's just the lockout I have a problem with. The warnings are ok but the lockout I disagree with entirely.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ

QUOTE originally posted by PadfootTheWolf

Wow. Ok. So after reading through the whole discussion about the click limit, I gotta ask... why couldn't the users be polled about something like this? I understand that many things were taken into consideration, but you're now forcing users who love this site to take a break when they neither need nor want to. If I was still on my Koroku hunt, I would be even more upset with this update. I can click over 10k in an hour if I need to be breed something. But now I would basically be punished for trying to move my hunt along? No offense, but I think this is a bad move. I honestly think it will drive away some of the very dedicated users - the ones that pay to keep up their hunts. Especially ones like Koroku (I spent at least a month on that hunt, but I'm pretty sure it was more like two) or melan hunts.
If we polled everyone about things, do you know how little we'd be able to get done? Have you encountered it or seen any of what occurs based around this or are you just reacting based on the fact it exists? No prizes for guessing the "good" answer. ;) 10k in an hour? Great. Good for you - I can click 12k in 30 minutes and I wouldn't have a problem with this. I fail to see what point you're making here. Also, you appear to be making an assumption that something would be punishing to you when it probably wouldn't even cause you a problem. I agree, I think it's a bad move (specifically, the lock-outs). But I also don't think that these reactionary complaints are fair - nor warranted. You're making a mountain out of a molehill which is only decreasing any validity to arguments you push forward.
Kelri's AvatarKelri
Yeah someone I was talking to clicked like 4k pokemon in ten minutes before hitting even the first warning. I don't think the lockout is likely to effect most users and the level of outrage seems to be kind of unwarranted when I imagine most people haven't even bumped into an issue yet.
Icon is my pokesona done by deargengar!
Eggy's AvatarEggy
As a person who doesn't mass-click often and who uses MouseKeys to have the left mouse button mapped to a keyboard key to reduse wrist strain, I have mixed feelings unlike the others who seem to have posted here so far (the posts before me are either of the "I like it" type or the "I don't like it" type). At a first glance, the speed limit lock out thing doesn't seem necessary and may get annoying, but then again, people need to take a break once in a while (which I at least try to do, not just when it comes to clicking on PFQ) and I actually do appreciate the effort the staff put in so people don't end up clicking so much in a short time that they hurt their hands. In my opinion, it shows just how much they care about us :) Think of it as being given a medicine when you're sick; it (usually) tastes bad, but it helps you to recover and get/stay healthy. So basically, my opinion on this is neutral, maybe leaning towards "I like this". The speed limit thing isn't so bad but may need some tweaking (depending on how it works out), and we really should let it be in place for some time so we can see just how "annoying and intrusive" it gets. If I'm not mistaken, it can always be changed if it ends up having a negative impact, but it needs a "test drive" first to see if it causes one. Don't knock it 'til you try it ;)
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The reason I didn't include numbers is so that I could collect real information, and then adjust those numbers, without people making too many assumptions or missing the fact that it has changed. So, having collected some information (most of it fairly useless as people complained just on principle instead of actually triggering the lockout and then complaining about it...) I have made some adjustments to the numbers and now I can provide the result. 1. When you make an interaction, a timer starts. 2. If at any time you stop interacting for 5 minutes, that counts as a break and restarts the entire sequence. 3. If you reach 4,000 interactions without a 5-minute break, then when you finish interacting with the current user, the next user you click will pop up the first warning. The warning includes a checkbox to confirm that you are willing to continue despite the warning. 4. If you reach 8,000 interactions without a 5-minute break, then when you finish interacting with the current user, the next user you click will pop up the second warning. This warning advises you that there will be a lockout if you ignore the warning and continue clicking without a break anyway. 5. If you reach 12,000 interactions without a 5-minute break, then you will incur a lockout. The duration of the lockout depends on how long it took you to trigger it. - If it took 15 minutes or less, then there's probably something wrong with you :p A 30-minute penalty is enforced, because that kind of hyperactivity is seriously unhealthy. - If it took 15-25 minutes, then that's still quite fast and potentially harmful. The lockout lasts for 20 minutes. - If it took 25-35 minutes, then the enforced break is 10 minutes. - Any longer than 35 minutes and a simple 5-minute break will suffice. As you can see, many concerns have been factored into this algorithm. * Mass-Click Weekend will not be affected because you will easily clear the 10,000 requirement before coming close to the 12,000 lockout threshold. * Localised speed does not matter. Only your average speed over that amount of interactions, and even then that only dictates how long the forced break will be. * You can continue to interact with the last user you interacted with. So if you happen to go over 4,000, it won't actually interrupt you with a warning until you are done with that user. This way, you don't have to go back and figure out where you were. * Additionally, you can always interact with yourself. You are exempt from your own lockout system. * Furthermore, have none of you ever played those "free-to-play" games that use Energy to limit your play? It works for them, and they're asking for your money just to play more! All we want is that you take care of yourself and don't cause yourself potential permanent damage for the sake of our game. Even if you don't feel like you need a break, you do - you risk long-term injury if you consistently repeat the same action over and over. We love that you play PFQ, absolutely! But don't injure yourself for it :D
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Lørd Pyrøn's AvatarLørd Pyrøn
Why didn't you say so in the first place?
✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸

Pages: 123··· 352353354355356··· 428429430

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page