PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Welcome to the Recode!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Welcome to the Recode! >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The reason I didn't include numbers is so that I could collect real information, and then adjust those numbers, without people making too many assumptions or missing the fact that it has changed. So, having collected some information (most of it fairly useless as people complained just on principle instead of actually triggering the lockout and then complaining about it...) I have made some adjustments to the numbers and now I can provide the result. 1. When you make an interaction, a timer starts. 2. If at any time you stop interacting for 5 minutes, that counts as a break and restarts the entire sequence. 3. If you reach 4,000 interactions without a 5-minute break, then when you finish interacting with the current user, the next user you click will pop up the first warning. The warning includes a checkbox to confirm that you are willing to continue despite the warning. 4. If you reach 8,000 interactions without a 5-minute break, then when you finish interacting with the current user, the next user you click will pop up the second warning. This warning advises you that there will be a lockout if you ignore the warning and continue clicking without a break anyway. 5. If you reach 12,000 interactions without a 5-minute break, then you will incur a lockout. The duration of the lockout depends on how long it took you to trigger it. - If it took 15 minutes or less, then there's probably something wrong with you :p A 30-minute penalty is enforced, because that kind of hyperactivity is seriously unhealthy. - If it took 15-25 minutes, then that's still quite fast and potentially harmful. The lockout lasts for 20 minutes. - If it took 25-35 minutes, then the enforced break is 10 minutes. - Any longer than 35 minutes and a simple 5-minute break will suffice. As you can see, many concerns have been factored into this algorithm. * Mass-Click Weekend will not be affected because you will easily clear the 10,000 requirement before coming close to the 12,000 lockout threshold. * Localised speed does not matter. Only your average speed over that amount of interactions, and even then that only dictates how long the forced break will be. * You can continue to interact with the last user you interacted with. So if you happen to go over 4,000, it won't actually interrupt you with a warning until you are done with that user. This way, you don't have to go back and figure out where you were. * Additionally, you can always interact with yourself. You are exempt from your own lockout system. * Furthermore, have none of you ever played those "free-to-play" games that use Energy to limit your play? It works for them, and they're asking for your money just to play more! All we want is that you take care of yourself and don't cause yourself potential permanent damage for the sake of our game. Even if you don't feel like you need a break, you do - you risk long-term injury if you consistently repeat the same action over and over. We love that you play PFQ, absolutely! But don't injure yourself for it :D
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page