PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Stream schedule

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 10111213

VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
Its moreso that I think its a devstream or news, update or event regarding the site, rather than a game stream, yeah. Sorry if I worded it wrong.
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
niet: >shoots down suggestions for pestering people with notifications also niet: "they're MY streams, of course people wont mind extra notifs" :/ like im chill with them myself but it comes off a bit double-standard-y. i feel a dedicated opt-out option (either its own subscribable thread or the afore-mentioned, not-yet-implimented unsub from newsfeed option) would be good
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
pingsock moment
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I suppose I should also clarify, it's the gaming stream notifications that also bother me the most. I would be a bit less bothered if the notifications were reserved for coding streams since they're more PFQ centric but even then it'd be nice to have options. IMO, getting pings for game streams is spam. It'd be just as relevant to get notifications every week advertising a staff member's soundcloud or their podcast about cats. In my eyes, it has nothing to do with PFQ and it's very irritating. It's like if you got a spam email multiple times a week and there would be a big flashing icon on every single page that you couldn't get rid of until you opened the spam email. Sure, it's not life ruining, but it's very annoying and I would heavily prefer to be free of spam when I can help it. Thank you for keeping it in mind, I appreciate it.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just as a heads-up, I've added in support for the "LIVE" Timers Bar entry to appear when I'm live on Twitch. It uses the same entry as the integrated YouTube streams here did, so if you hid that before it'll stick. And if not, you can hide it on your Farm page if you spot it when I'm actually live.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
yanderella's Avataryanderella

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Man, it's soooo inconvenient getting one notification every week or two XD
Everyone I saw asking for an opt-out or change was polite and reasonable. There was absolutely no reason for such an immature and instigative response. I sincerely hope you apologise. I may be new here but many others have been supporting PFQ for a long time and they do not deserve treatment like this.
Lunupine's AvatarLunupine
Niet already agreed to doing it or at least where Garthic talked it over with him and came up with an idea. Gumshoo posted the quotes about it.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I do think it's reasonable to keep dev streams as notifications, because they *are* news. However, I will not be doing that with gaming streams in future. Another alternative to consider is just having a thread dedicated to it, locked, and when a stream is planned I can just post there. So normal subscriptions rules apply.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I do think it's reasonable to keep dev streams as notifications, because they *are* news. However, I will not be doing that with gaming streams in future. Another alternative to consider is just having a thread dedicated to it, locked, and when a stream is planned I can just post there. So normal subscriptions rules apply.
That seems lovely!! I also thibk the 'twitch' notif added to the site while you stream will definitely help as a reminder for those who arent subbed!!!
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
HelloOoo chance to interact with the owner of the site. Would you post the link to the thread with your streams on an update if you did that or...? And would there be a discussion thread? My only issue with the streams is they're always planned at annoying times. Like 5pm when I'm eating dinner or 1/2pm when I'm not on either. I'm glad they're not at midnight though (dang time zones) But I finally caught your stream this time. I got to watch the first part live where you played scribagge.

Some screenshots

Happy niet

I was always in the audience because I wasn't fast enough :/

CHEESE THROWING XDDDD

HeartOfAWizard (HWiz)..................Any
Do not PM me

Pages: 123··· 10111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page