PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Stream schedule

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 910111213

DraconicFenix's AvatarDraconicFenix
Last I heard Twitch was being pretty finicky about having off-site embeds as well, but good luck on doing dev work on Twitch! Gonna be a fun stream!
Cele's AvatarCele
The stream is starting shortly, we've got a brb sign up on it since Niet's grabbing a drink, and then we'll get right into things~ C:
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Dragonessa's AvatarDragonessa
is there going to be a stream tonight?
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
ill try not to miss this one! any chance of us peasants joining in or is it staff only? ^^;
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
from Bernie Sanders "I Am Once Again Asking for Your Financial Support" meme
Can we please have an update on this? ^^;;; If streams are going to be more frequent, I would really like this to be looked into again. I REALLY dislike the news notification used for something that is not news and cannot be opt'd out of.

Long Quote about proposed solutions to stream notifcation opt-outs that were never implemented

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

Ahh, I don't wish to be rude, but are frequent notifications for this thread going to be a regular thing from now on? ^^; As someone who isn't really interested in the streams, I'm not extremely fond of getting multiple notifications a week for them. Again, I really hope this doesn't come off as rude, I was just wondering if they were going to be this frequent all the time or if this is just a small increase in frequency that won't be the norm. Edit: to be clear, I'm talking about the notifications like the one just recently, a notification for a stream being scheduled/the first post being edited, not the notification for the stream going live itself @<@;;

QUOTE originally posted by cïnderace

perhaps as an alternative, a new thread can be made for stream announcements that people can subscribe to if they're interested? i also find the constant news notif frustrating, i always think there's a new update of some kind
Just bumping these up again since I'd really, really like an alternative for those of us who aren't interested in notifications like these for the streams ;;v;;'' I think a separate thread you can subscribe to would be a much better alternative, so it gives people a choice in what notifications they want to get or not. Edit: or would this be more of a thing I'd have to make suggestion thread for?
Your concern was already addressed by Garthic in the recent Dev Log Update ^^

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

This may raise a concern for people who aren't interested in the streams - which is fair enough, it was voiced in the thread and I have been thinking about this since we're starting these things up again. So... While talking this through with Niet, we came to the idea of an "opt out" sort of thread-system, specifically for the "News"-section. If you don't want to see updates on a topic, or you don't want to see that little flashy? Simply opt out! At current time the idea is that it will be under "Thread commands" since that is the appropriate place to put such an option, but this will apply for all News threads. If something doesn't interest you then you can basically tell the site you don't wanna hear about it. This will not be available immediately however, but is actively being worked on and should be available within the next couple of weeks.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Archaeo's AvatarArchaeo
g a m e s? consider me in
goobsol's Avatargoobsol
ill sub to niet for a month if it means i dont have to get any more stream notifications on pfq
-icon from pokemon shuffle-
Kinshine's AvatarKinshine
Sea Glass speaks...
coded by water, art by CloverPatch
Seeing a lot of mix reviews to the streams being in the news. I agree with many others I rather not be botheredto look in the news post if it has to do with personal gaming streams. Possible make the game streams a thread so if someone wants to watch games then they can sub to it as they please. If they are for coding or realated to pfq work streams, we would say that's news worthy. That be something we all proable like to know updates for and is big news relations to the news. We just hope this little idea might fix things it is a tad annoying to have to click the news for just personal gaming streams.
Avatar by: Nettle Bee | Pixel by: Bufuserk
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I agree as well. I keep thinking its an event or update-
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Man, it's soooo inconvenient getting one notification every week or two XD But I get it. Especially the part where dev streams are potentially newsworthy but game streams aren't. I'll keep that in mind.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 910111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page