PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trade in deltas for delta points

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I mean, I think the idea would need to be balanced properly. A delta would have a value that matches their exp. For example, I thought maybe multiple 1k-3k deltas would have to be traded in for a single dp, where as only 1 say, 10k delta would be traded in for a single delta point. Edit: what I mean is I think it should be more trouble than it's worth. A deltas value should not immediately be dp, but it's an option.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I don't think being able to trade in deltas for dp would crash either the delta or the dp market. Right now people literally release deltas into the shelter. Sure, you can sell some for a higher price, but once the market's saturated deltas have literally no value. Being able to trade them in for dp would give them value, and would make them rarer, and therefore probably more valuable. People would also be more willing to delta more pokemon, since they can recover a fraction of the cost if they get the wrong type/won't have a bunch of unwanted spares afterwards, which would lead to them buying dp in the form of shinies: even if deltas give the same amount of dp as shinies, they would still cost five times that amount to produce, so overall more deltaing means needing more dp in the first place.
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy
Dropping by to show my support! It would bring more value to delta'd pokemon! Especially ones that are not as visually pleasing. If anything, I think it would make delta points more valuable. More people would have an interest in using delta points.
Currently buying: × 238 / 500 × 22 / 400 Avatar by Breepi Signature by AnkokuFlare
SubwayWolf's AvatarSubwayWolf
Oh man, as someone who has hatched thousands of deltas, has a collection of 600+ deltas, and regularly buys/hunts for DP, I'm definitely supporting this one. A delta "sink" would dramatically restore value to deltas. I feel that having a worth of roughly 50gp on average for a regular 5kEHP delta is a telltale sign that they are nothing near worth the cost to make them. Often times I find myself wondertrading or simply releasing deltas because of the low demand for some undesirable types. Even the desirable ones can be tough to profit from. As a person definitely contributing to the oversaturation of the delta market, I vehemently support a "sink"-type option. There's a lot of good conversation in this thread - it seems the biggest question is how much DP the sink would return/yeild. What is a fair rate for that, is worth discussing. Great to see so much feedback on it. Even if the sink return value is a fraction of the cost to create a delta - say, sink return value is equal or lower than the cost of a special of that EHP - it would be beneficial. It seems to be a consensus here that a full return value on DP is not expected. Having a standard rate at, for example, 1/2 rate of shiny DP yeild would be fair, considering it takes multiple S/A to create one delta of the same species. For example - a shiny Tepig yeilds 4DP when sent to the "delta grider" as I like to call it. So a regular delta Tepig would yeild 2DP from the deta grinder. Honestly, though... any rate at all, even 1 DP per delta returned, would improve the delta market considerably. Not to mention the DP market. TL;DR - Complete and total support, fair yield/return rates are a must to make sure this feature is balanced.
zack | journal | shop | icon |
steel delta collector (2,500+)!
bump
xaandiir's Avatarxaandiir
Offering my support for this as well. Deltas were built to be a sink for shinies + albinos because the market got oversaturated but were seen as slightly too valuable to just throw away into the shelter. The same can now be said for deltas. If it costs 5 pokemon of the same EHP to delta 1 egg, then the deltas should be inherently valuable. Unfortunatley, as many have stated, the regular ones are seen as virtually worthless and it's only the delta S/A/M that are valuable (but even then, those have started to lose value). Being able to make back at least a fraction of what it took to delta them will thin out the sheer amount of deltas on the market and therein make them more valuable because of supply and demand. It will also feel like a slightly less waste of DP if you're able to make just a little bit of it back, should you be disappointed. All-in-all, full support, and something I've wanted since deltas were basically introduced.
  • about me
  • hunts
  • goals
xaan | any pronouns
425/1000
Current Hunt: Galarian Meowth 4/3 melans

Team Type Race: 1543

Goal: 5,000 points To badge...
4299 needed
Pentatonia's AvatarPentatonia
No support from me. As someone who's actually collecting regular deltas in one specific type, the main issue me (and many other collectors) are meeting is the fact that if we're self-hatching the deltas we're looking for, the gambling aspect of random types makes it really hard to get what we want and it oversaturates the market. On a theoretical level, getting rid of these unwanted deltas for some point sounds plausible, it creates some other problems. I won't repeat all the things that @Terabbit said, but I totally agree with every point there - however, I also want to expand it. While you may think that this would actually solve the secondary market's issue with deltas, what it would create is actually people getting rid of their unwanted deltas to create some points back - even if it would result with only 1DP, many people would do it, as you've said, special delta collectors do NOT care about these deltas. However, if this happen, this would result in a lower supply of regular deltas. Specific Type collectors are already struggling with getting the corresponding Pokémon they are looking for, and it would even be harder to do so if they were melted down just because they don't like that type. In the long run, that would result in only a very few collectors being able to get their hands on the Mons they want, and the importance of swap shops would increase even more. I feel like a better alternative would be is if we were able to trade-in (at least) 5 deltas of the same Pokémon in order to get a delta matching the actual V~Wave with a higher chance (or 100%). An example: if someone's hatching Vulpixes and looking for a Dragon one, but they only hatched 3 Bug and 2 Normal, they could exchange it for a Dragon one if the V~Wave is actually Dragon during that time. For the Special collectors, this would result in the regular deltas maintaining a value, as some people would buy multiples if they weren't hatching their favorite type, so they could get some GP/currency back this way either, without direct exchanging in the Holon Lab.
Avatar is a gift by nuin0 Sprite in the signature is a gift by KitKatKutie2
xaandiir's Avatarxaandiir

QUOTE originally posted by Gwinn

I feel like a better alternative would be is if we were able to trade-in (at least) 5 deltas of the same Pokémon in order to get a delta matching the actual V~Wave with a higher chance (or 100%). An example: if someone's hatching Vulpixes and looking for a Dragon one, but they only hatched 3 Bug and 2 Normal, they could exchange it for a Dragon one if the V~Wave is actually Dragon during that time. For the Special collectors, this would result in the regular deltas maintaining a value, as some people would buy multiples if they weren't hatching their favorite type, so they could get some GP/currency back this way either, without direct exchanging in the Holon Lab.
I feel like this wouldn't solve the issue of the saturated market, though. I understand what you mean about people who collectp pokemon of a certain delta then finding it harder to get pokemon of that type. But honestly, I have seen very few people who actively buy of a certain type if they're not S/A deltas. Of the people that buy deltas, from my experience, they are seeking aesthetic S/As or S/A deltas of the type they like. For a majority of the site, regular deltas are worthless, which is why there's this suggestion of exchanging them for DP--to try and get that pokemon that will be worth more. Not even just to sell, but maybe also for the hunter. With this exchange suggestion, what if you really want an electric shiny vulpix? If you exchange 5 other delta vulpix, would you get a regular electric vulpix? Would it be that you can choose one egg to guarantee to match the v-wave and you just have to hope it will be shiny? Okay, then delta hunters will buy 5 deltas per egg to guarantee it--this creates the same problem that you said about delta hunters being unable to find their preferred type, because it's just a new work-around. I dont know, I'm not on board with this alternative suggestion, but I think it will just create the same problems you laid out, regardless of if this delta exchange or the delta-DP turn-in was implemented.
bump
Bubble07's AvatarBubble07
I definitely support this. Personally I have never hatched deltas, but I have paid attention to the market, when deltas are sold, what they're selling for, etc. I've noticed that deltas are definitely undervalued for what they cost to make. It takes 20 delta points to delta one 5,120 EXP egg. In comparison, one 5,120 EXP shiny is worth 4 delta points. You'll need to exchange 5 shinies of the same value of an egg to delta one egg. That's really expensive! This in itself, I find, devalues regular delta pokemon as they can't be recycled. Consider shiny chances, albino chances, etc. You'll hatch a lot of regular pokemon before you'll get a shiny. I'd even go as far to say that it's out of reach for most players who can't boost their shiny chances to the highest they can go, or have the currency to buy shinies. I think that if we were to recycle regular deltas, they should be worth one point each, no matter the EXP. It's an even playing field: you delta your party of six 5,120 EXP eggs. This costs 120 DP. You hatch them all - no specials, all regular deltas. Darn, better luck next time! You recycle them for 6 DP. that's a 0.05% return. Not at all enough to delta even one egg again, but it's something! Still expensive, but you have more options. This, I think, will actually make ALL deltas gain value and even encourage more users to use this feature of the site. If you can recycle regular deltas, even for just 1 point, less people would be resorting to releasing them to the shelter and instead be encouraged to sell them. It would give more value than the aesthetic value that collectors vie for. There is also still a difficulty to it, as you'll be hard pressed to gain DP still. It's just a small boost to close the gap that deltas have now. As for the concern over DP prices for specials: before Deltas were added, shinies still had value in the market. If we can exchange regular deltas for 1 point, then yes, in regards to DP values specials will be worth less. Perhaps then we don't use delta points as a marker for value and instead go back to EXP it takes to hatch? Or another way to assign value? Before this feature was added to the site there were other ways to judge how much money a shiny was worth. I'm sure the community would find a way.

Team : 0 points

Call me bubble/bubs! (they/them) Icon made by me!

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page