PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trade in deltas for delta points

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
Suggestion Title: Trade in deltas for delta points Suggestion Summary: Ability to trade in hatched deltas for delta points like you can shinies, albinos, and melanistics, for fewer points than it required to hatch them Positive points: Provides a good way to remove deltas from the game, gives unwanted deltas inherent value, provides additional source of delta points (could also be a downside) Negative points: Could make deltas too easy to get and/or unbalance shiny/albino markets, encourages "recycling" of deltas Reason For Consideration: As it stands, most deltas are virtually worthless to most players. A lot of players don't care about deltas at all, and others only care about certain types. Given the way delta hatching works, each delta hatched has a high chance of being an unwanted type, with very few potential buyers. This results in deltas being sold either very cheaply or not at all, sometimes being released to the shelter as a result. Meanwhile, since each delta requires five equivalent shinies or 2.5 equivalent albinos to hatch, they're quite costly to create. The ability to trade them in for delta points would lessen this discrepancy, both by providing an additional source of delta points, and by making deltas themselves more valuable. Even a delta nobody wants to own has value as a means of creating a delta someone might want, and removing deltas from the game would make them rarer and therefore more valuable. I was thinking a delta would be worth as many delta points as a shiny, i.e. 1/5 of the delta points it cost to hatch. This would discourage people hatching deltas and turning them in over and over again until they got the type they wanted, since it wouldn't be very efficient at all. Rather, it would be a way for people who hatch a lot of unwanted deltas to recoup a fraction of their losses, and would siphon the excess deltas from the game.
If I understand your suggestion correctly, this was already rejected here.
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
they specifically stated that deltas could be traded in for the number of points it cost to hatch them, which would break the whole random type mechanic. My suggestion is to have them be worth 1/5 of what they cost, or some other low fraction, so they can't be endlessly recycled
selocon's Avatarselocon
It's still some sort of refund if you don't get a good type/dupes/special. Why not just either release them or sell them. No support. Also, you're not factoring in that shinies are already 1/5 what they cost. So...just literally a refund of a shiny used for it.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
söbble's Avatarsöbble
Literally just make them 1-5 dp return and it would be better than nothing. I have always supported this suggestion. So many types have little to no value on the market. I literally see no downsides to making them returnable for a minimal return. Full support as an active and miserable delta hunter.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
timid's Avatartimid
Being completely honest, I would be happy for literally any return for unwanted deltas. I've always felt like delta-ing is very costly if you find it to be the main draw of the game like I do - and while I understand that certainly isn't the case for everyone, I know many other active players who delta pokemon at similar or higher capacity as I do. And as it stands, regular deltas are worth so little I chuck them into the shelter. So, I support this wholeheartedly if it could be implemented in any measure. Heck, I'd take it if you could turn in a full party of delta pokemon for one point, honestly. I don't think there's any legitimate basis to turn down a suggestion to have a way to desaturate the market of unwanted deltas for a small return - the option to do the very same with shinies and albinos is the basis of delta pokemon, after all.
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
I support the ability to trade in unwanted deltas into delta points. Some people only want to collect specific types of deltas and sometimes it takes a lot of eggs and delta points to get the specific type that they want even just for regular pokemon and not specials. To be able to clear up some room in your fields and get a little bit back from the deltas that you don't want would make the delta feature a little more usable. They don't have to give a lot of delta points. IF anything you could group them into their own point categories. This is just an example: 1-2k = 1 DP 3-5k = 2 DP 6k-7k = 3 DP 8k-10k = 4 DP It might not be much but it would give you something back and would allow you to remove deltas that aren't selling and give you more field space without breaking the Delta Market. The only real problem I see from this is devaluing deltas since people might charge DP price for them or only be willing to pay that amount. But at least then people might actually be willing to buy them even if the types aren't preferred.
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda
Cinis's AvatarCinis
I support this. Exactly as InsaneHysteria and timid described. Only adding that the delta market is already pretty broken. I'm happy to sell (regular) delta mon for low prices and even popular types take pretty long to sell. So I doubt the return-point implementation would break the market further^^" but that is only my guess.
Typeracescore 10729
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
Support for not a full refund but a refund of a small amount (perhaps like 1dp for 1k 5dp for 5k etc etc). It's something that plenty of other sites do for features like this and would be very helpful to delta hunters. It might raise the delta market, actually, as the price of delta points is pretty hard set and deltas would now be a source.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
timid's Avatartimid
Eh, I've been thinking about this suggestion and wanted to bring forward another potential positive point to this. There is an entire category of Pokemon - genderless ones - that, when bred, have at least approximately a 50% chance to be a normal delta no matter what you do. There's also many cases where crossbreeding to influence the delta type has extremely limited options due to egg groups and typings that are available. The delta feature isn't without its inherent flaws and this suggestion being implemented could be a bit of a bandaid for the aforementioned issues. (Since a suggestion to make Ditto exempt of influencing type was not passed and eventually deleted.)

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page