PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Trade in deltas for delta points

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Trade in deltas for delta points >

xaandiir's Avatarxaandiir

QUOTE originally posted by Gwinn

I feel like a better alternative would be is if we were able to trade-in (at least) 5 deltas of the same Pokémon in order to get a delta matching the actual V~Wave with a higher chance (or 100%). An example: if someone's hatching Vulpixes and looking for a Dragon one, but they only hatched 3 Bug and 2 Normal, they could exchange it for a Dragon one if the V~Wave is actually Dragon during that time. For the Special collectors, this would result in the regular deltas maintaining a value, as some people would buy multiples if they weren't hatching their favorite type, so they could get some GP/currency back this way either, without direct exchanging in the Holon Lab.
I feel like this wouldn't solve the issue of the saturated market, though. I understand what you mean about people who collectp pokemon of a certain delta then finding it harder to get pokemon of that type. But honestly, I have seen very few people who actively buy of a certain type if they're not S/A deltas. Of the people that buy deltas, from my experience, they are seeking aesthetic S/As or S/A deltas of the type they like. For a majority of the site, regular deltas are worthless, which is why there's this suggestion of exchanging them for DP--to try and get that pokemon that will be worth more. Not even just to sell, but maybe also for the hunter. With this exchange suggestion, what if you really want an electric shiny vulpix? If you exchange 5 other delta vulpix, would you get a regular electric vulpix? Would it be that you can choose one egg to guarantee to match the v-wave and you just have to hope it will be shiny? Okay, then delta hunters will buy 5 deltas per egg to guarantee it--this creates the same problem that you said about delta hunters being unable to find their preferred type, because it's just a new work-around. I dont know, I'm not on board with this alternative suggestion, but I think it will just create the same problems you laid out, regardless of if this delta exchange or the delta-DP turn-in was implemented.
  • about me
  • hunts
  • goals
xaan | any pronouns
443/1000
Current Hunt: Galarian Meowth 4/3 melans

Team Type Race: 0

Goal: 5,000 points To badge...
4299 needed
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page