PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12345678910

Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
I have read through this suggestion and I have to say that I support this. Actually, the reason of tournament eggs being locked is the whole reason I have been on a longer hiatus as I could have been / wanted to be. I have tried a few times to return from my hiatus, and the moments I popped in were always at quite an unfortunate time when it came to tournaments. That said, my motivation was low during my pop ins, but I definitely felt disencouraged about Arceus being out of reach for a longer time. As a veteran player who focusses most of my time on hunting, I know how hard it is to hunt. Even with Arceus boosts I have had long chains (6k) without a single melan. So yeah, hunting without Arceus is not worth it for me on longer chains. I even wrote in my journal when I returned this time that I was happy that I finally returned in a week where I was able to unlock a new egg I had missed (and the second egg the week after). I have to say that returning in that week caused for my motivation to return and it is the reason why I am still around. If I had ended up returning two weeks later, I probably wouldn't have stuck around due to the 5 weeks minimum it would need me to get back to Arceus because of two egg dexes.
support! it's probably just because i'm a relatively new user compared to the other people here in this thread, but even though i've never experienced being locked out of a tournament egg, i've seen the eggs not show up as prizes again for over a month. i'm gonna use this season as an example. valimp and its evolutions were the 1st season 15 fakemon to be released. their egg was available as a prize in tournament 1. valimp did not show up again as a prize for SIX WEEKS, in tournament 7. six entire weeks. a month and a half. a month and a half of being locked out of arceus rank if you were inactive for only a week. yeaaaah. edit: fixed info i was mistaken on
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

support! it's probably just because i'm a relatively new user compared to the other people here in this thread, but even though i've never experienced being locked out of a tournament egg, i've seen the eggs not show up as prizes again for over a month. i'm gonna use this season as an example. valimp and its evolutions were the 1st season 15 fakemon to be released. their egg was available as a prize in tournament 1. valimp did not show up again as a prize for SIX WEEKS, in tournament 7. six entire weeks. a month and a half. a month and a half of being locked out of arceus rank if you were inactive for two days, if you were unable to sign up for the tournament. yeaaaah.
Im really glad you support!! But i just want to let you know that if you miss signup for a tourney you can sign up while its ongoing by going onto your farm page and clicking on 'tournaments' under the 'other links' tab!! But you're right. 6 weeks is a long time!!
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
yep, edited that >-< thanks for correcting me!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
bump
h o r i z o n's Avatarh o r i z o n
Unending support! I'm currently in the same situation. I just need two more egg dexes to get arceus rank back. And, of course, its the new season eggs. I can already feel myself getting bored of pfq again purely because I know I'm not getting the most out of my chain without arceus. And yet I still likely have several weeks until I even have the chance to get arceus again because of the egg lock. I'm gonna have to buy a whole new set of hm and uber just to be able to motivate myself to stay active so that I can get those last two eggs. The site claims its moving towards removing "punishments" placed on inactive users, but this lock is one of those punishments. Being locked out of helpful site features because of inactivity is a punishment. Even if I had a pay more tokens or even currency to bypass the lock, that would be fine.
kase. male he/him. 25. bg
f2u @hamha.tumblr.com
|code
@is it necessary + @hercules, edits by me
pixel
@gaelson, commission by @canine
|icon
@gezeichnet
sig image
@jurobii
characters are mine
and @canine's
scavengers's Avatarscavengers
i support this so much! i was recently unlocked (yes, the lock was my fault and i brought missing these mon upon myself) and i happened to rejoin just after the 2 new tourney mons were released. i am now working towards arceus rank again, but i am unable to acquire the last two eggs i need because of the tourney egg lock. therefore, i am currently 3 weeks into an at least 5 weeks period during which it would be VERY DIFFICULT to acquire arceus rank again. i have had arceus rank before. i poured an immense amount of in-game currency into getting arceus. I have worked for my rank, and i am currently still working hard to acquire that rank again! i do believe that arceus should have some difficulty behind acquiring and maintaining it, but a 5 week minimum block isn't a way of increasing this difficulty in my opinion. instead, it just leaves a gap during which a user may be unable to make ANY progress towards this. if i have every other dex, every totem, mega, and previous season's exclusives, then i cannot improve on my way to arceus without waiting out the tourneys.
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
Eveningkind's AvatarEveningkind
wowie, big support. real life obligations can get in the way for a lot of people, especially working people, and it feels like the ‘score a single point’ thing is kind of.. uneccessary almost? you have to spend 12 tokens, which can take a lot of effort to buy if you don’t have a ton of currency (even last season tokens are expensive on the market, which can add up fast, for casual players especially) and the need to score a point when the eggs take weeks to rotate is just so aggravating. it just feels like a punishment for people who can’t play consistently.
✞ Ev ✞ ✞ They/Them ✞ Journal Shop Collecting
Fightinium Fragment

Fightinium Fragment

Z-Crystal

(: 0)

A fragment of Fightinium Z. Collect enough of these to trade in for a full Z-Crystal.

Sells for 100

Lv. 100 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness MAX
Jolly nature
credits
BackgroundCode ✦ Forum Icon made by TheMetalHiro! This signature is custom made for @Eveningkind and is not free to use.
annador's Avatarannador
Gonna be honest, I can't remember if I've posted here before or not, but absolute support. Over the course of pfq, quite a few changes have been implemented to not punish inactivity but locking Arceus behind a month wait does exactly that, punish inactivity. We went from having albino radar chains that had to be charged every day or they would decrease, to being able to charge levels. We had online chains, that turned into 5 day mini chains. I'm all for keeping the lock the initial release, but not the entire season. I've had friends on legend hunts miss insane boost days because they didn't have Arceus rank due to life taking over during one week of a tournament. Sure, they could have just hatched anyways, but summons are too expensive to not utilize all boosts possible. In short, it's just punishing people for not being able to participate in the tourney one time.
Passively collecting ; ♦ Credits for ??? ♥ Steel Statues for Registeel ♦ Delta points for Milcery / Kitwurm Avatar from BananaLizard for my use ♥
schleifi's Avatarschleifi
As someone that was gone for months and kept checking back from time to time I can assure you, I didnt play when I knew I only had a week because of the egg lock. I am in the endgame and for me that's mostly Melan Hunting. And I generally don't do that without Arceus anymore. Call me entitled, I wont deny that - as can be seen here. My half year HyperMode just ran oput because when I had the time to play, I hadn't Arceus Rank and thus didn't feel like it. Now you may say "But you could've logged in in tournament if you're so entitled to Arceus!" and to that my answer is: "I prioritized other things over that and ultimatly that lead to me not playing!". And that's the end of that talk because no matter how good the reasoning, when I don't play, I don't play (btw, since this starts to sound like I put a gun on someones chest: I'm not! I've made my peace with game decissions that dont benefit me. That's okay. I'm not the center of the world - but I can still share my point of view and personal reasonings, right?) Ultimatly, on this return I tricked the system with the most annoying work around with the egg lock: I had people order them and release them to the shelter and then spammed refresh in the shelter 2000 times to find those eggs within the ~ 150k others. That work around isn't a real fix to me and it was a one time solution that I did. But I wouldn't call it a permanent solution. So yes, I support getting rid of the egg lock. And if there's a fee for "not participating but wanting the egg" I'll accept it as long as it's not outragous
Avatar was created for me by ArtsieRosie. I paid for it and own all rights for it.

Pages: 12345678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page