PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéFarm "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 545556

Rory's AvatarRory
This seems like a good idea, aside from one thing: the dex. I'm rank Arcus and SHINY, and it took FOREVER to achieve, not to mention it's costs, since some Pokémon are quite pricey to obtain (fusion pokémon for instance). To think about having to do that again... it makes me want to play less, actually. It's like when you play a videogame and you didn't save for two hours and a blackout happens, it makes you lose the will to live and, more important, the will to do all that again. And what about things account-related, like badges? I, like many other, spent a lot of time, energy and money hoarding gems that now might be go to waste in the reboot? So, while I'm extremely happy of a new type of game, I'm totally against having to restart again from scratch, even if my collection will be brought over at some point. But please don't delete some PFQ mons in the process, because it's highly frustrating for those who hunted them (I still have some shiny left on PF1 that still can't be brought over since they don't exist here, like Duskghouls) All in all, personally I'd be happier with a complete recode all over (because the coding and graphic updates are good) again but the accounts and the overall progress stay as they are. PF1 was clumsy in all its aspect so a "start anew" was good, but PFQ doesn't have that kind of problem. EDIT: In the end, this update makes me want to stop playing PFQ, not to play more, and only wait for the reboot. Or just stop playing, because I really don't have the time, energy and will sto start a new game. If I have to start something new I'll just go play Bloodstained on my Switch insted of being here. So, for me is a very bad idea.
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
MotherBear's AvatarMotherBear
It sounds like fun, but I don't think it's very fair to make everyone essentially lose all the pokemon/items they've worked hard for. I understand that we can transfer the pokemon over, but from what you've said, it'll require us to catch all of them a second time in the new game, shinies included, before we can get access to our old pokemon. Why not just let us immediately transfer over all our stuff? Some of us paid real cash to buy these pokemon. If anything, it makes me less likely to keep playing.
Myuu's AvatarMyuu
The reboot is something I look forward too. It's pretty exciting. But until that happens, I feel like theres a lot of... "well, now what?" I know this was touched on, but I really do hope items and currency will be transferable, since I opened an art shop that deals in game currency. I don't want to feel like I'm doing work for something that's going to lose it's value, I guess.
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Do you have a rough idea currently of how many of the old PFQ mechanics will be brought over to the reboot? As in, albinos and melanistics, type races, MCWs, Contests, etc? Will said mechanics be present from the beginning, or staggered out in implementation? Will the reboot site be named differently? Like how PokeFarm Q is named to distinguish itself from PF1, will this be renamed accordingly too?
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I really hate the idea of refilling my pokedex, as I've been collecting for more than a year now, setting my fields up as they are now. I highly dislike the idea of refilling my pokedex, just so I can transfer pokemon. Also, I have to re-fuse everything, buy forme-change items again etc for my living-legend dex. Honestly not thrilled about that. Aside from that, the rest looks fine to me ^^ Edit: form change-items in generall. Like, once a cartain quest is complete, why not give us the option to transfer it all? Regardless of if the dex entry is there and such? I don't understand why I have to catch a pokemon again for a second time. Lets take arceus, for example and how long and/or costly thats going to be before I catch that one again... Also, please make all variants and pfq pokemon transferable. I'm reading stories about people not being anle to transfer things from PF1 since it doesn't excist in PFQ.
Frosmoth's AvatarFrosmoth
I'm sorry but I'm not really excited at all about this. I've put in a lot of time and resources to get my account to where it is, not just my melans but my wishforge, collecting relics, summons ect. The fact that i have spent a lot of money on this site to get those related items that eventually won't mean a thing makes me really regret even spending the money since it will be useless in the end. If the site gets remade I won't have the drive to even go through that again and will most likely not join the new site. I just personally feel very frustrated in any game where I lost my progress and have to start fresh. It falso eels like running from a problem instead of trying to fix it. If you don't like this new site are you just going to remake it again and again? I know it's been stated in discord while the site was down that there's a lot of potential messy coding that you don't like (or something similar my memory is a bit fuzzy) but I would rather this site be fixed even if it meant some downtime to fix whatever you may not like about it to keep what progress I've made on my account and what real money I've spent on it to get where I've gotten.
Signature credit: Chary. PFQ Avatar was created by Noctis of my OC for my use only!
Tré Cool's AvatarTré Cool
Although I'm not too excited about starting my dex over again, I feel so much better about the fact that this time the transfer will actually count toward the new dex. The only sucky part really that's discouraged me is the fact that I've spent a lot of time trying to dex-trade to get Arceus rank, but I'll live. Haven't made it there yet so I'll just try again later lol
Type Race 0

TR Trophies

Trophy CreditJolleon
Avatar art by NARUTO999-BY-ROKER - DeviantArt
Gørdeen's AvatarGørdeen
Actually after thinking about it... What about the People who have bought ZC for Real Life Money? They lose it?
As someone who only joined a few months ago all these enhancements to the new player experience are sorely needed, the lack of any real method of teaching how to use the site very nearly put me off for good. Nice to see them actually happening! I really hope you guys find a method of transferring currency though. Either that or give the people who purchased ZC for cash the equiilant of that purchase in the new version. I'm not too fussed about items but losing the £30-40 I've put in so-far wouldn't feel great, and I'm sure there are people who have spent hundreds more than me. I really think you guys need to take a stance as soon as possible as to if currency will be transferred, because if it can't be I think that's going to be a deal breaker for a lot of people. Guess it's time to work on a living dex though, lmao.
I'm all for the idea of being accessible, that's definitely one good part of this design. However quite frankly...the design so far feels like it would have been great about 10 years ago, if I say so myself. But of course, this is still early days so hopefully this is just a proof of concept so far. If not...it just doesn't look good in this state--though that's only one opinion on it. I'm happy to have a full nav bar like we do now, simplifying it doesn't feel like a good idea to me as well. On the other hand, making it somewhat easier to use for mobile users is a good thing, and I guess even if I don't like the design, accommodating more users is healthier for the site. That being said, I'm glad that tutorials will be reworked. That's something I know I needed when I started playing, so hopefully that increases the rates of people sticking around for more than a week. EDIT: I also forgot to say: not a fan of having to refresh everything. I am also not a fan of the story thing--I never have understood any of the references in any of the event dialogues and it just rubs me the wrong way generally. But if they're fun quests, I can deal with that.
Avatar: Official (Project Sekai)

Pages: 12345··· 545556

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page