PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéFarm "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1617181920··· 545556

QUOTE originally posted by Pony109gold

QUOTE originally posted by KilalaMikal

And a trinket of some sort to commemorate that hard work on the new site would be amazing. Especially with everything that's been invested into pfq.
That's actually a great idea! Maybe people could get a little trainer card badge depending on how far they got here, or something? Hmmm This idea actually makes me a lil bit more happy about the reboot!
Yes :3 Yes ^-^ That would be a great idea! If I'm going to lose my progress, a little trinket would be nice :3

★ HeartlessDemon ★ they/them ★

please sell me your hasty-natured specials! PMs open for any inquiry, I don't bite o/
RaffleToyhousecredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @baileykins on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @kellran2012 on PFQ
PeaFlower's AvatarPeaFlower
master.pnge+.png
So I'll post my thoughts in a bit, they're pretty neutral as usual (except on the UI. I really don't like the look of it. I know it's in the works, but for now it just feels cold and uninviting), but for now...

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I saw a question about what if you transfer a Melanistic Goodra, you'd be missing the melan Goomy and Sliggoo entries. That is a great question. I hadn't even considered that. I'm thinking if you transfer an evolved special, then you get its pre-evolution's entries as well. A Shiny Vaporeon would give you the Shiny Eevee entry as well (but obviously not the Shiny Flareon entry). This should nicely resolve that issue. Thank you for bringing it up.
That would be great. But since I'm a little nitpicker, I've thought about a particular situation. Like, say, someone on PFQ evolved their Shiny up to the final evolution, tranfers it onto the new site, and gets that particular Shiny dex as well as the dexes of the previous evolutions. That's nice, they're getting back all the dex entries they had on the previous site. But then, someone else has the same fully-evolved Shiny, that they got as such from someone else (gifted or bought), and brings it over to the new site. They get the Shiny entry they used to have, but they also gain new entries for Shinies they never had in the first place on PFQ. I'm just wondering, would that be a problem, or am I just uselessly making things complicated again?
Grym's AvatarGrym
grandmaster.pngd.png
I'm not gonna lie. I'm probably going to end up leaving the site if this goes through the way it sounds like it is. I have paid real money on this site several times since joining. With all the time and money spent i'll still most likely lose my badges, my items that took forever to hoard up, and start over from scratch. The biggest thing i need to know: do we get to keep our currency? The users spend a lot of real money on currency. Though not directly said, starting over implies badges will be lost. Is there any way that people can keep badges and currency at the least? Those take a long time to build up I realize that this will basically be a different/new game and new games start from the beginning not the middle or end. But some people have been playing for years. That dedication shouldn't go to waste. If a person finally hoarded up several hundred of a summon should they lose those summons? (Same thing for other items of course).
⚫ Avatar made by Dr.Devorak here Art thread v-fairy.png 0 v-fairy.png
hedjeroo's Avatarhedjeroo
grandmaster.pngc.png
Ah, it's as I thought - the data wouldn't be transferrable like for like. I appreciate the elaboration and also how much work you guys are putting into making sure as little is lost as possible! Thank you so much! (The PR memory stick consideration is also super super appreciated. Even if I'd be willing to start again, I'd be lying if I said losing a near 9,000 Buneary chain wouldn't at all be painful.)
hedj | she/they/he | blm
xRequiemx's AvatarxRequiemx
grandmaster.pngs.png

QUOTE originally posted by orc

QUOTE originally posted by xRequiemx

The idea of a plot and everything is great but this really kills my motivation. I’ve sunk a lot of RL money into getting PFQ currency to collect summons and run a Ditto hunt. If items and saved chains don’t transfer over then that’s months of work and a lot of money down the drain. I know this reboot is somewhat far off, where I might be able to finish what I’ve started, but I can’t help but see it as a lot of wasted time still. It’s taken me months just to save up money (real and PFQ) to hunt the first 40 Ditto eggs.
I KNOW i’ve been collecting summons for a shiny hunt and i’m really nervous now. Hope we find out about items possibly being transfered over soon so I know whether to squeeze a hunt in with what i’ve got before everything gets reset >.<
I’ve been scrolling through comments, and, while there’s no promises, Garthic said they’re working on making items and currency transferrable but don’t want to guarantee it only to run into problems. Thank god.
S/A, Delta Swaps, Dex Trades and More!
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
I'm going to have to make sure I have all the images I have saved to the Image up-loader are saved to my laptop or something. I've used the Image up-loader for a lot of things, not always PFQ! (Though those I usually remove sooner or later) I'm gonna miss this site when it does happen, but I know its been rebooted before back when it was just Pokefarm and not PFQ. I know a fair amount of people are just going through the motions with this site right now like me but aren't feeling up to using that little magnet to start over. Looking forward to the reboot : )
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
FALENA's Avatarhypermode-12.pngFALENA
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
Honestly? Who tells us that in a few years' time there will be no new start and then we have to start from zero again for the fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. I think I speak here for some .... no one wants to have to start again and again at zero, to collect everything, to re-hunt, to hatschen etc. It's a game, yes, but that should be fun and this is definitely no fun anymore. Sorry, but rather you scare old-established players with it, takes those who desire rather than they always want to restart.
Also- one last think I am thinking about. Will unlocking the start pokemon in an evolution chain also unlock its mega form? I only ask for my melan mega...
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder
master.pngc.png
Yeah thats a fear, am i going to have to save up and pay for whatever a stone is going to cost me in the reboot (which if items wind up not being transferred) is going to wind up being sky high. I have a Melan mega charizard y that stone alone here caost around 1 mil and i have a melan Gardevoir and a Melan gallade...and that galldite for him wasnt cheap. neither is the payement to evolve on top of buying the stone i guess if thats the case i could rely on my luck....but my luck is utter crap. but i will state its taken me over a year (seriously pushing) to get Arceus. and i dont want to have to redo the whole UB thing again. why cant we just transfer them over at the start why must we refill the entire dex just to get our pokemon back? Ive poured hours and hours into getting my melans, and honestly just thinking about having to put in effort to find a redex the pokemon with the same dex as them is going to be the break aspect for me. I know my opinion is a grain on the beach of others. but i dont have the money to get back to where i am now when we start over fresh.
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
Gracidea's AvatarGracidea
master.pngd.png
Oof I just woke up so forgive me for any stupid stuff? Anywho, if the site's getting rebooted, then I'm starting to question whether I should bother continuing to keep collecting my gracidea seeds and such and start the hunt now since I at least know I'd be able to summon shaymin now rather than later. Yeah the eta is probably longer than a month so I probably have a bit more time, but I just dunno... I'm sorta upset, but I know that things will change, whether we like it or not.
Yo, I’m Gracie, and this is Disney channel. Local Shaymin hoarder and rpg fan. Credits
Signature by CatEnergetic,with help from Wardove.Official Pokemon Gif

Pages: 123··· 1617181920··· 545556

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page