PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA: Escaped Pokémon!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12

Methos's AvatarMethos
Is this thing on? Yes? Good, very important announcement here. Some of you may have watched last night's lunar eclipse. Unfortunately, we on staff were unable to watch it ourselves - last night a highly dangerous, experimental hybrid Pokémon hatched from its Egg and escaped from a nearby laboratory. We spent most of the night attempting to corral it, but were ultimately unsuccessful. Please, if you happen to notice an unknown Pokémon lurking in the shadows, DO NOT APPROACH IT. Back away slowly to a safe location, and notify Professor Holly. Your safety is our highest priority, and we will take care of this issue.
No, Shazi, that's not a bush. ...No, Red, that's not a bush either. ...This might go a lot better if staff could please stop looking like bushes. Again, to all players, please do not attempt to search for this Pokémon yourselves. We the staff are highly trained and will be able to handle this without issue- ...No, Nai, I'm pretty sure it's not hiding under Red's hat, either.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Uzumi: "...Guys? We've got a problem. That Egg those scientists claimed had hatched and escaped? Holly just found it. It was something else that busted out." [general muttering and muffled cursing] [papers shuffling] Garthic: "Do we know what species?" Uzumi: "Holly's still trying to decode the research notes and the scientists aren't talking. It came from the same holding area the hybrid Egg was being stored in, though, so at this point all we've got is maybe nocturnal, maybe aggressive. That was the area containing the more predatory species. I don't know how aggressive it could be, though. You'd think we'd be getting reports of attacks by now. Well, if anyone would actually file reports." SciZoroark: "Yeah, cuz nocturnal and timid is so much better. How the hell are we supposed to find something in the dark if it spooks at the first sign of people or Pokémon? Especially without even knowing what it looks like, out in that mess?" [gestures towards the bustling Pokéfarm] SciZoroark: "We'll be looking for weeks for a shadow within shadows - and that's not an easy task even for me." Atra: "I still say there isn't a freakin' Pokémon to begin with. You saw the reports, that place has been trying to get the funding to upgrade security for months. And now there's a conveniently 'escaped' Pokémon that, oh, they won't tell us anything about? And now we find out even the report itself was a bunch of Bouffalant. The whole thing's just a scam to get our--and more importantly--MY credits!" SciZoroark: "What about the damage to the laboratory? If it is a scam, they've just cost themselves a lot of money in repairs just for the sake of a headline. And there are those tracks we couldn't identify... leading away from the building, anyway." Atra: "And then disappearing. Because that totally happens all the time. 'Hey dude, where's my Magikarp? Oh, it disapp--'" Garthic: "Look, enough. The fact here is that whether we believe the scientists or not, right now that's irrelevant. We need to act as if there's a credible threat to PokéFarm's safety. We can't afford to be wrong if we act otherwise. Right now, I want all staff members to increase patrols in the less populated areas - if we've got one saving factor here, it's that it seems to be staying away from people." Uzumi: "Up until it starts getting hungry." Garthic: "Let's focus on the positive things. Now get moving! You won't be finding anything by hanging around here." [staff members grumble as they disperse] Garthic: [looks towards the corner of the room] "Methos, is that a video camera? Are you recording this?" Methos: "Yep! Every good horror movie needs someone behind the camera!" Garthic: "...I'm... I'm just gonna go. Put that to good use, at the very least, okay?" [turns and walks out] Methos: "At least Telekinesis means there won't be any of that shaky cam crap..."
Methos's AvatarMethos
BREAKING NEWS FROM WORLD'S TINIEST NEWS STAR
Ravyne: "I am verymuch adorable." Constantine: [facepalms] "That's not - Ravyne, they can't even see you." Ravyne: "...CONNIE! FIND ME SITTYBOX." Constantine: "..." [lifts Ravyne by the streamers] Ravyne: "THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! If you weren't makestrong against me I would...." Constantine: [coughs and gently shakes] "Get on with the news broadcast?" Ravyne: "FINE I WILL DO! Two week ago under mostbeauty blood eclipse mystery Pokémon makeflee dumbstupid scientists and it wellhide." Constantine: "Remind me why we made him the reporter when no one can understand him?" Ravyne: [raises voice] "I REPEATSAYING. TWO WEEK AGO. POKEMON ESCAPEYDEALS. CANNOT SEARCHYFINDS. BITEEAT BERRIES. OTHER FARMER SEE. ARE YOU OWNERHAVER OF DEAFEARS?" [shuffles papers] Ravyne: "Could be muchworse. Could be biteeat Pokémon. BE GLAD IT ONLYEAT TASTYBERRIES." Constantine: [facepalms again] "And I think that's our cue to switch to our nose on the ground, Sei!" Ravyne: "SEI! HAVE YOU FOUND MISSING POKÉMON!" Sei: "... H-... Oh-...Ugh, I think this thing is broken.. You guys able to hear me? Bah.. Anyway.. We've not exactly uh... found it yet, but me an' the guys have found a helluva lotta tracks.. Judgin' by this things tracks, it's been all around the entire farm! Ravyne: "WHY HAVEN'T YOU FOUNDSEEN IT YET?! Is nose broken? Does need to spray grosswater up nose and makesneeze?" Sei: "Uhm, Excuse. Listen here you lil' star. Me an' my team of sniffers are just fi--" [bwarfs in surprise] Ravyne: "SEI WHAT HAPPENED?" Sei: "I swear to Arceus somethin' just ran behind us! Tripped over Ledah an' then jus' bolted off... Most ... towards another Berry field. I dunno if ... the escaped 'mon, or some farmer's ... got loose, but.. THE POINT IS... ELTA, ... I HAVE LITTLE LEGS AND I--" [dead air] Ravyne: "Sei? Sei, speakanswer me! No...the berries were nothing but a smokescreen! I heard bwarfing, then...it played us like a damn fiddle!" [sound of cursing] Ledah: "That thing's dead when I find it, hear me? Dead! No, actually, I'll let it live, but only to make it regret that it was ever born!" Ravyne: "Oh, they're alive... Punishbeat it later! Did you seespot it? WHAT DID IT LOOK LIKE. Was it cute?" Ledah: "No, stupid, it was behind me and I don't have eyes in the back of my head! Do you have any idea how much it hurts, getting tripped over by something twice your size? Do you?" Ravyne: "Don'tcare. If you don't want to be tripped on, don't look like leafbush. Simple." Ledah: "I AM NOT A BUSH, YOU LITTLE-" Constantine: [switches feeds] "Aaand now it's time for the weather..."
Methos's AvatarMethos
Scizoroark: "It went left! Left! No, the other left!" Eltafez: "That's open field on the left! It's sticking to the trees!" Sei: "Mmmk, all of ya'll need ta hush. Use yer ears an' noses. We know it's here. I mean, we tracked it aallll the way here. Elta, an' Nai, yer with me. Shazi, Sci? Yer the fastest, circle around and see if there are any tracks leadin' out. Li'l rascal's gotta be here." Eltafez: "You think we've got it trapped?" Sei: "No." (dramatic pause) Sei: "...I think it's tired of runnin'."
Shazi: Sei? I'm not seeing any tracks on this edge. Either it broke towards Sci, or... Sei? Sei, are you hearing me? [silence] Shazi: "...Oh, right. Dark types." Shazi: Naiyala, could you pass this along to Sei? I'm not seeing anything on my end. I'm going to meet up with Scizoroark, but I've got a nasty feeling it's waiting for you.
Naiyala: "...she thinks it's waiting for us to come in after it. Why did I ever leave the pillow cave this morning?" Sei: "Right.. Well, I don't think we should disappoint it. You ready fer this?" [chorus of growls and a whimper] Sei: "After it!"
Sei: "This was a bad idea! Bad, bad idea!" Naiyala: [pants] "Teeth! No one said... it would have... teeth!" Sei: "Woulda been hella nice ta know! Elta, run faster!" Eltafez: [growls through a mouthful of Sei's bow] Sei: "Well, it's not my fault I got li'l legs! They only carry me so far! Run faster!" [crashing sounds from up ahead] Naiyala: [yelps] "What was that?!" [Scizoroark and Shazi dash into sight] Scizoroark: "We came as soon as we heard you coming! Where is it? What happened!?" Sei: "Right behind us! Elta, put me down. We've got the numbers, an' we're pretty well trained fer fightin'... so I say we put it ta use." [grins] Eltafez: [spits out the bow] "My aching jaw... Sei, you owe me cookies." Sei: "Yeah, yeah, I'll even make you Zophan cookies. Ya'll ready?" [the search team assumes battle positions and waits] [and waits] [...and waits] Shazi: "Um. Shouldn't it have shown up by now?" Sei: "..Swear to Arceus if it's plannin' a counter-attack Imma scream." Eltafez: "...Or it's faked us out and made a dash for it now that the road is clear." [Eltafez cautiously steps forward, nose sniffing] Eltafez: "Oh no. It's heading towards PokéFarm!"
Methos's AvatarMethos
...Ahem. Is this thing on? You're sure? Oh. Good. Attention PokéFarmers! I'm sure you've all been following the situation with our dear escapee closely, but I'm afraid we don't really have any new information for you. The stolen Berries have not been found, sightings remain a constant, and the Pokemon has been shown to respond aggressively when harassed. Perhaps everyone should take the hint and stop poking the bitey thing with a stick. ...What's that? The sightings are increasing? Well, why didn't you say so to begin with? Really, these people... we have got to work on our communication. I mean, has anyone even heard from Niet since Day 1? ...He does know it's still on the loose, right? Guys? Um. Maybe you should tell him? Me? I'm busy giving this Very Important Announcement. Shoo. Off with you.
[youtube]okMK1NYRySI[/youtube]
Erm. Moving on. Okay, so this Pokémon appears to be more active than before. Make of that what you will. I'm choosing to believe that it's because our search team is closing in on it and it's getting nervous, because optimism is a good thing and there's no better set of noses than on our search team. ...Oh, who am I kidding. It's up to something and it's leading us around by said noses. Please, we don't need a panic, but we the staff urge everyone to be cautious. Stick close to your fellow farmers and don't go anywhere alone, especially at night. We'll do our best to bring this to a close. Good luck and good day. Please tell me we have a lead. Something. Anything at all. Do you know how embarrassing it is to announce every week that we've got bupkis? Give me something solid here! ...What do you mean the mic is still on?
SYSTEM's AvatarSYSTEM
Reporting on situation. Situation is in-paw! ...Hand. In-hand. Uhm. // And now you know why I don't talk too much. Sightings dropped abruptly, Mystery Pokémon seems to have found a haven. Sparx has located the Mystery Pokémon, Holly has been informed. Holly is now conducting research on the subject. Nicely. // Unlike Niet Emergency level reduced to level 0. No emergency. Consequently, Mass Click Weekend function to be initiated on schedule. > cat ~/announcements/mcw.txt
The event will take place on October 31st and November 1st, but this time your targets will be different. In fact, there will be two prizes based on interactions made. Remember, that's interactions, not Interaction Points, if you're using the graph to check your progress be sure to check what you're viewing! Reach the mini-MCW target of 3,333 interactions to receive... something. It's a mystery prize. Totally worth it though, I promise you! Reaching the special MCW target of 12,345 interactions will reward you with one of these:

FAQs!
  • When can I start clicking for the MCW? A: Please re-read the above. The dates are very specific. Also note that these dates are going by Server Time (UTC).
  • Do I need the Mega Ring? A: To earn the Mega Stone from this Event, no. To use it to Mega Evolve a Pokémon, yes.
  • Do we have to click the target each day? A: No, you don't. The target is to be completed over the span of both days - not separately. So if you click on Saturday and Sunday, both days will count towards the goal. If you only interact on Saturday, only that day will count and vice versa for Sunday.
  • Where can I keep track of my interactions? A: Go to your Farm, then scroll all the way down until you see the Interactions Graph. Adjust the dropdown lists to your liking. Note: Make sure you're looking at "my interactions," NOT "my points."
  • I completed it! When and where will I get the reward? A: The Monday right after, if not stated otherwise. It will be automatically placed in your inventory and an announcement will be posted that it has been distributed.
  • Everyone got the reward except for me! What happened? A: Unfortunately, if the reward was given out and you didn't receive it, you failed to reach the target.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hey, it's me! I've finally appeared! ... What? I've been really busy with the recode okay? Rebuilding the entire site from the ground up isn't easy you know... But it's really working! Today I spent about five to six hours working on a feature (hatching Eggs - quite a big one!) and it took only 15 minutes to debug it. Usually it's the other way around! ... Anyway. Got some special things for you for this weekend, in conjunction with the Mass-Click Weekend. Thing the First We're going to be celebrating with some shiny new site skins. Each day of Saturday, Sunday and Monday will feature a different skin "takeover" (it overrides your skin setting), and they will become official skins afterwards. Your normal skin will be restored on Tuesday. Hopefully you'll like them! You can opt-out if it's not your thing by clicking the button located at the bottom-right of your page! It's clearly labled "Opt-out of Special Skin" so you really can't miss it! Thing the Second Zophan sale! It's been a while, so I figured it's time for another. In keeping with previous sales, buy a certain amount of Zophan Canisters and you'll get a certain percentage extra free. Buy more at a time to get a bigger bonus! This sale will last from Saturday until Monday (included). Check out the Zophan Canisters page at any time when the site skin override is active, since they're happening at the same time, and you'll get access to a calculator for working out how much you'll get. Leading directly into... Thing the Third New costumes for Cosplay Pikachu! Reflecting one of the recent Pokémon Special Episodes, we've added the Super Pikachu and Pikachu Villain costumes seen in the special episode. In addition, since it's Hallowe'en, there's a new set of costumes to dress your Cosplay Pikachu up as Gengar, Duskull, Zubat or Mismagius! Check out the Contest Hall, where you can buy these costumes and the Cosplay Pikachu. I've also taken the opportunity to add in the Worlds 2015 Pikachu Custom Sprite, for those who missed it or just want another ;) So there you go! Enjoy!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sei's AvatarSei

Quick heads up!

So Niet's flight is delayed until tomorrow. Just our luck, eh? Since he won't be home until later tomorrow, I'm just letting you guys know that the prize(s) will be handed out unusually late - really sorry about this! The most important thing is we get Niet back to Headquarters safe and sound. :P Thank you all for your time. Please understand, and please look forward to it. [[channeling SE intensifies]]
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hey guys, just a quick update: I'm home, but I'm still settling back in. The event will, hopefully, be going out tonight, but don't be surprised if it's delayed until tomorrow, okay?
> ./report Detective Sally reporting! // Stop screwing with my code, Garth! > I'm sorry! Niet's not available! He'll fix it! I'M SORRY! Error: Command "I'm sorry!" not recognised! // Oh dear. Apology not accepted, apparently. I'm going to log you off now and get back to what I was doing - and if I say anything else goofy, I'm blaming you. I have been given information and instructions to relay it appropriately! Information dump to follow... Dumping information. Sparx found where the berries were being relocated to. Found more than the berries. The thief turns out to have been a mother who was stealing berries to feed her young. Holly took the pups into care because not enough food was available. Given proper nourishment, the pups were found to be correspondingly friendly. Here are some pictures from the security tapes. No judging! // I was told to include those last two words, but I don't know why. Someone on-staff must be self-conscious! Shame that. >:3
The original mother is still out of captivity. Laurel has prepared some "beautiful berries" to appease her in hopes of making her approachable. We have a limited number, so these berries will be distributed to the winners of the Mass Click Weekend event. With this berry, you must seek out the mother's lair and present said berry as an offering. With any luck, the outcome will be positive. If not, don't get bitten. We've run out of bandages. // The Darwin Awards are not positive achievements to earn. Bleeding is bad. I'm a machine and I know this! Regarding the mega stone... Uh. Nobody can actively identify it. But for some reason, when I looked at my memory - the stone's data translated into letters, so I have assembled them and hope that it makes sense. If it doesn't... Oh well. It's more than what we had before. We hope that the updates were funny and interesting. Finteresting! // GARTH!!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page