PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lets complain about melan hunts!!!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 318319320321322323324325

Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I've been hunting Scatterbug eggs for a month now and I've hatched 2,700+ and still no melan I don't have hypermode or an ubercharm but I seem really determined for some reason if I end up still going with this hunt by June's type race hopefully my chances will increase
Pfp from Pfq
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê
Okay. So. I never posted my research anywhere, but I have conducted an experiment together with my two friends, in fact we have been doing it for over a year now. The starting conditions are that you have all the possible bonuses (we are not patient enough to gather statistics without hypermode or sth, deeply sorry). I will not elaborate with all the numbers here (if you want, I can pm you with them) but the results are simple: 1) long chains are NOT worth it if you're only seeking one melan 2) if you haven't gotten your melan in 500 eggs, RESTART IT (and I mean it!) 3) You really have MUCH HIGHER chances to hatch an early melan these days (about 80% melans hatched on-site are early chain melans now... out of 26 new hunts we conducted EACH - for now - 17-20 depending on a hunter were early (before 500 eggs) So, are long chains broken? No. They do work but they work STRANGE. For example, we noticed that there is some strange "gap" where melans are rarely or not born from about 1000-3000 hatched. Or that you can gain much higher chances when you save your chain and restart it and suddenly have much more specials than before. As if some system (we call it Conspiracy Sally xd) initially deems your hunt as "lucky" or "unlucky" unless you disrupt it somehow (restarting from scratch, or saving and restarting) So. My advice gathered from over a year of observation: 1) you can always feel if your hunt is unlucky - if you haven't gotten any specials after the first hundred, or if you feel your hunt to be "dry" - restart it. Maybe restart it several times. It is much easier than drag it for thousands hatched without result 2) long chains are still worth it if you seek the whole family collection - just be ready for these "dry gaps" 3) If you start a new hunt on Sei day, the limit of 500 hatched is lower, about 250. Restart earlier. For example, I got my melan erupt lamp on the fifth restart yesterday 1/49, and I practice it almost every sei... plz, remember this is all speculation and this experiment is done for fun, don't take my words for granted and take them with a grain of salt.
Devilyn's AvatarDevilyn
is a melan worth going for if you have a 5k chain already with every boost except Arceus… and have no melans whatsoever… I feel like maybe this skitty hunt is a bust. But just letting it go makes me a little sad…
♥️ Name: Edith Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

QUOTE originally posted by Devilyn

is a melan worth going for if you have a 5k chain already with every boost except Arceus… and have no melans whatsoever… I feel like maybe this skitty hunt is a bust. But just letting it go makes me a little sad…
Yeah, I know, sounds awful :( I also hate to break long chains like this despite understanding it may be "unlucky". I would say the least painful way to go is to save up enough zc and stick it to restart a bit later. Or stick this one and start this skitty chase anew on a Sei day to maximize the chances, hatch a bit and then, if everything goes better in general, prolongate a new chain with a saved one... I did such thing with 6 or 7 hunts. It helped 4 times, I think? But for one hunt I had to restart thrice, so it's not a panacea. Some hunts are just stubborn like this...
miha's Avatarmiha
Wow, your post was super interesting Çelestanê! To be honest I often felt like there are lucky and unlucky hunts and that melans appear quiet early or very late. Do you have some thread or something where people can add their numbers?

QUOTE originally posted by miha

Wow, your post was super interesting Çelestanê! To be honest I often felt like there are lucky and unlucky hunts and that melans appear quiet early or very late. Do you have some thread or something where people can add their numbers?
Unfortunately, no, not right now! Maybe, I'll poke my friends to do something like this, I dunno. I am very bad at creating things like google docs and such, I am an old lady still registering all her numbers on a piece of paper with a pencil xD (If anyone wants to adopt the idea, make your own observations and help other people share theirs, plz feel free to!)
Zenøn's AvatarZenøn
first time on this thread hello friends xD because whAT in tarnation is this brother ;;;;;w;;;;; i've never hatched triplets before but gosh darn this was very exhilirating but also sad
Avatar icon from one of Nijisanji EN's Ike Eveland's streams! =w=
I've hatched 1,250 eggs, 12 shiny's and an unknown amount of albinos! Weve had 2 sei days recently and today is a shazi day! Not only did we have those sei days, im hatching with every boost but hypermode and arceus! I should have a melan by now!We should all have melans by now!
Avatar-"I see Stars"-Made by me-Site skin-"RadioActive Space"-Made by me A certain game is rigged #changemymind
SlitherCain's AvatarSlitherCain
I think my Ubercharm is broken. I've been hunting Zigs for nearly 20 days with it on now (I have 10 days left) and even with a chain of over 3,500 and a level 5 (level 7 on Sei day) radar, nothing. I got a ton of Albinos and Shinies, but not a single Melan and I don't understand it at all.
[Profile picture is from an early-game cutscene in Fire Emblem Engage]
TheHalfAngel's AvatarTheHalfAngel
What are Melan Pokemon? Are they like Delta Pokemon and have different typings and design?

Pages: 123··· 318319320321322323324325

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page