PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lets complain about melan hunts!!!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 319320321322323324

they are pokemon that are both shiny and albino they tend to hatch in darker colors and have a purple and green star beside their gender sign that is a melan mega zoruark
Avatar-"I see Stars"-Made by me-Site skin-"RadioActive Space"-Made by me A certain game is rigged #changemymind
miha's Avatarmiha
Melan pokemon are a combination of shiny and albino. When a pokemon hatches as both it turns melan. That is basically the opposite of albinism, so the (in nature animals), here pokemon are black. FOr example this one: and I truly hope my current hunt doesnt take that long. That little eel hatched after 10k eggs. Im just at nearly 2k for my current hunt Q.Q
TheHalfAngel's AvatarTheHalfAngel

QUOTE originally posted by miha

Melan pokemon are a combination of shiny and albino. When a pokemon hatches as both it turns melan. That is basically the opposite of albinism, so the (in nature animals), here pokemon are black. FOr example this one: and I truly hope my current hunt doesnt take that long. That little eel hatched after 10k eggs. Im just at nearly 2k for my current hunt Q.Q

QUOTE originally posted by CorruptedKnyght

they are pokemon that are both shiny and albino they tend to hatch in darker colors and have a purple and green star beside their gender sign that is a melan mega zoruark
Thanks for the clarification!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I hate to be a downer, but this post...

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

This post is not just wrong, but is actively harmful. There is no benefit to resetting your chain at all. Resetting it will, obviously, reset your accumulated bonuses. All of them. Now, as of the latest Rank updates, this only really applies to the Cobalt Amulet's effect, but the point still stands. Do not reset your chain "for better luck". There is no such "early chain bonus". You are just shooting yourself in the foot if you do this.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny

QUOTE originally posted by TheHalfAngel

What are Melan Pokemon? Are they like Delta Pokemon and have different typings and design?
Melan Pokemon as what the others have stated are a mixture of shiny and albino like this one the color of the melan can very depending on the Pokemon as well and it also depends on your luck when you have the amulets, shiny charm and albino radar as well as hypermode and an ubercharm This one is my melan Poochyena that is very special to me as it hatched the day my pet passed away and it hatched at egg 13/582
Pfp from Pfq
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I hate to be a downer, but this post...

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

This post is not just wrong, but is actively harmful. There is no benefit to resetting your chain at all. Resetting it will, obviously, reset your accumulated bonuses. All of them. Now, as of the latest Rank updates, this only really applies to the Cobalt Amulet's effect, but the point still stands. Do not reset your chain "for better luck". There is no such "early chain bonus". You are just shooting yourself in the foot if you do this.
But the statistics say otherwise. I do not actively ask anyone to reset or restart, just offering observations of several people. I do not claim long chains don't work either, specifically stated that they do. If for a lot of people early melans are a given right now, it says something, isn't it? My "shooting in the foot" helped me not once, not twice but multiple times. P.S. Surely, there is no such thing as "early chain bonus", I know that. But still your chances of getting a melan early are significantly higher right now, and it all started happening after the first melan update, not the amulet one. Before that, almost no one got a melan before 1000 hatched. Now? Almost everyone. So, my method can be considered as working (Again, I DO NOT call for or actively encourage anyone to follow my lead) P.S.2 : If you consider my post harmful, plz feel free to take it down. I am in no way wanting any controversy or harm to anyone hunting. Just wanted to share my thoughts and data gathered about the matter since it concerns a lot of people here.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If you keep resetting your chain in search of an "early Melan," then obviously any melans you do hatch will necessarily be early melans! I am speaking as the guy who programmed it, and who did all the statistical analysis that goes into balancing a game like this. I also wrote extensive documentation on what goes into the calculations. Your empirical "evidence" of a handful of friends counting in a flawed manner does not outweigh the facts.
CSY's AvatarCSY
Just to add to Niets post, The long chain bonus is not as big as you may think for shorter chains. Taking shiny odds (HM, shiny charm, non sei) of 1 in 64 into consideration, And considering albino odds (lvl 7 radar, z crystal, no TR) of 1 in 90 into consideration, Now add an Uber charm, At eggs 40 to 100, your accumulative buff to the albino chances given a shiny has been rolled is 1 in 90/6 = 1 in 15, Making your Melan chance 1 in 64*15, aka 1 in 960. (MAYBE this explains why there are so many melans under 1k LOL, the normal distribution should like with an avg of 960 hatched for the Melan, it's statistically likely to be so, but statistics isn't reality of course. In a sense if you hatched millions you'd get a normal distribution curve with an average of 960, but there will be some super early at 10 and some super late at 10000+) At 100 hatched, your long chain bonus is 1.5 percent, so your accumulative buff to albino odds is 1 in 90/6/1.015, which is 1 in 14.77, after rounding it becomes 1 in 15 so like it's essentially the same odds, 1 in 960. When does it start mattering? In this particular scenario (numbers will change based on what buffs, e g. TR, you have), it's 500 hatched. At 500, you get a 7.5 percent boost, which makes the albino chances 1 in 90/6/1.075 = 1 in 13.95, rounded to 1 in 14. The cumulative Melan chances is now 1 in 64*14= 1 in 896 1 in 960 and 1 in 896 isn't that noticeable. So if your sample size is 1k eggs, then yeah you probably aren't losing a lot if you keep resetting at 500 haha. The anecdotal evidence is cool and all. But there's a simpler explanation than a secret Sally buff and it's just that long chain bonus doesn't feel like a big buff until you get to a certain size of your long chain. But in the long run, talkin about 10 thousand +++ eggs, the long chain buff will have you seen melans earlier. Even if just a couple eggs earlier (at early long chains). Note: maths may be off, I'm doing this from my phone, please correct if I'm wrong.
Current Type Race score = 11056 Buying:
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
15 zc/75 GP/75k Cr
SBG: CSY | Art: Lumineu | Code assistance: Zico | Avatar: Silver Raven
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I'd like to politely request we move on from this subject as we are getting off topic for melanistic complaints ^^" Another discussion thread may be more suitable for the information/opinions of effective melan hunting techniques/theories. This thread is intended for passing complaints and not a full blown discussion about what is/isnt optimized melan hunting.
Icon by me!
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
i can start us off! my flabebe hunt, 2k eggs, full boosts 80% of the time one melan. One??? sally please ;w;
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu

Pages: 123··· 319320321322323324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page