PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Herbal Consumables for Lowering Happiness

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 1234567

Mystera's AvatarMystera

QUOTE originally posted by AuracleOfBacon

Well, this sort off abuse potential is something I didn't anticipate... Perhaps, since each kind of Herbal Medicine would lower differing amounts of happiness, perhaps the kinds that lower a lot of happiness would also lower EXP, similar to how the Cookie works but inverse?
That makes no sense. You can't reduce a Pokemon's level (ignoring the Doom Seed for a moment) so you could easily just wait until it had just levelled up and then spam it. I honestly just don't see the use. Cookies don't even do that much; it'd take like 20 of them just to evolve a Caterpie, and they're distributed very rarely. Just put the thing in your Party it'll get the clicks it needs.
Staravia's AvatarStaravia
I could imagine these being sold by Niet's grandpa (the flower guy back in the valentines event who claimed himself as a botanist and yah this suits him well) Well in Gen 3 cookies are made to heal status problems (ofc no leveling properties due to absence of zophan) And i found some sweet hearts in my inventory back in Black 2 (they do restore 20 hp)
  • Tab 1
  • Collecting
  • misc
Staravia Label your trades when trading with me please Relentlessly collecting Flying gems Blood for the blood god
Hoarding
69/???
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 69 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalFlying
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
NintenJoe's AvatarNintenJoe
This would be so useful for people who have an Eevee at full happiness but want a Sylveon instead. I had to wait a day or two for my Eevee's happiness to drop to the point where it no longer wanted to evolve into an Espeon or Umbreon.
Dorugamon's AvatarDorugamon
I just wanted to chime in and say that it wouldn't be "abuse" if this were implemented, and someone used it to lower happiness to continue spamming cookies. Most Pokémon are breedable, which means the Red Gigaremo can already be used to lower happiness rapidly of a lot of Pokémon.
My avatar is Dorugamon from the movie "Digimon X-Evolution", ©Toei Animation.
L0KI's AvatarL0KI

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

We're completely ignoring the primary effects of these items and why they were balanced in the main series games: Healing. In Gen 3 (I'm playing Emerald) you have access to revival herbs, and thus revival of pokemon in battle, as early as Mauville City and the third gym, since getting to verdanturf is as simple as going westward and dodging the pesky trainers. Revival herbs function entirely like max revives, but considering at this point in the games there is no where accessible to buy even normal revives, revival herbs are a godsend. Plus, like Soda Pop and Lemonade, these items filled the healing gap between Super and Hyper potions--a gap of 150 HP between the two. And this is intentional. It's designed to make you make a choice-choice--use either a less available (the drinks) item, one that lowers happiness (the medicines), or use multiple potions or effectively waste HP restoration by using a too-powerful potion. So, they lower happiness, what's the upside, here? I see these items as highly situational, as said in numerous other suggestions, either put the pokemon you need to level in your party or daycare, or put it in a field it doesn't like. Because I don't see a balancing feature for this. Do they give experience? Then they have to be rare enough to not be used all the time. No support
you went from maun games, to here which i dont understand at all i think this is a nice idea due to reasons stated.
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
Support! Some might wonder "what's the practical use of lowering happiness?" but I actually do have a valid example: evolutions that require affection (namely Sylveon) are superceded by happiness. If you have an Eevee with 100% happiness and 100% affection, you have to dump the Eevee in a field it hates until its happiness goes below 90%, otherwise you will have to evolve it into an Espeon/Umbreon. And odds are, you gave it the affection to evolve it into a Sylveon, and your happiness came from putting the Eevee in, say, a Normal-affinity field. While it's an obscure pain, it's a massive pain, as it takes a good chunk of time waiting for the happiness to just sink low enough to evolve your Eevee into Sylveon--time that could be totally negated with this idea!
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
Vriska Serk8's AvatarVriska Serk8
No support, as you can already lower happiness in a field the Pokemon doesn't like. Let's say it's an Eevee in a ghost field. You wouldn't have to wait too long
lmao im gay
Bump? We have items such as Sweet Hearts and Easter Eggs, while at the same time use Field Affinities to raise Happiness as well. What I am suggesting is an opposite of the Sweet Hearts and Easter Eggs. Why would you use the Field Affinity's Happiness-reducing effects when they also have Happiness-raising effects in tandem with consumables that also raise Happiness? Wouldn't that be a moot point?

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Rokon's AvatarRokon

QUOTE originally posted by AuracleOfBacon

You might be wondering, why would we need it? Try using a Cookie on a MAX Happiness Pokemon. Good luck giving EXP to that Pokemon.
Lol wut. If you want EXP on your Pokemon, share the link to it with friends or put it in your party or even Daycare it. Like... what argument are you trying to make here? It is so, so easy to get EXP. Literally the only use this suggestion gives is with Eevee to Sylveon. But like... Just stick it in a Ghost field. Or don't be irresponsible and boost happiness when you know you want to evolve it to Sylveon. Trade it with a friend to reset. Gigarimo it if you wanna go hardcore. Like. What is there even to care about happiness for, besides breeding and evos, both of which want higher happiness? The fields are fine, and the happiness boosting items we have are useful because evolutions require high happiness and not low. Overall a very confusing suggestion. I'm all for QOL, but like... it needs more than one specific application.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
HeptapodOne's AvatarHeptapodOne
Think about it like this, Rokon. You have a melan Flareon with perfect 31 stats and your preferred nature and berry preference. You decide "Hey, I want to spar with my melan!". But maybe you don't want to have it with 100% happiness when you spar. But oh no! You already gave it loads of Perfect berries that are it's preference because you wanted max affection! You're just gonna have to stick it in an unliked field where you might forget about it because you had to wait for hours or even days for it to have 0% happiness. Whoops! Guess you shouldn't have been so irresponsible.. The herb consumables in the main game lower happiness AND restore Health. If there herbs in PFQ, we could use them in battle. Give your melan Flareon a herb, and then use it in battle! It would restore HP as well as lower happiness. Kill two birds with one stone. There could also be different herbs for how much you want to lower happiness. One for lowering 20% happiness, another for 50%. You could buy them at the Dojo for GP, which would be a good GP sink.
My avatar is official art!
give me steel statues
i want boxes
Spinners made by KitKatKutie2!

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page