PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Herbal Consumables for Lowering Happiness

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 1234567

Cele's AvatarCele
Sure, waiting is fine an dandy and all, but Firestar has a point. If there's Easter Eggs and Sweet Hearts, there should be an item that does the inverse since Happiness is a mechanic where different things happen on both ends of the scale.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
There’s a good reason for this getting implemented so I support. It would definitely help all those who didn’t have the needed field to make the current poke unhappy and who didn’t want to pay the supposed ridiculous amount of credits to buy the field because of one single poke. Me personally for instance, was lucky enough to have a person who was kind enough to let me use their field for this. But everyone might not have this option, they might want to keep their trading history clean or whatever other reason. So adding a item that can lower happiness would be great.

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Item "Wishing Stone" not found on line 6

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[center][size=7]Avatar is made by BananaLizard. Shop banner made by Sunshine Lady. >>>> [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/171400/Keira-s-Little-Hideout-U-C/post/3800133]My Journal[/url] <<<<[/size] [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/63336/Keira-s-Little-Corner-open][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/Keira_Lorelei/Art/IMG_1485.JPG[/img][/url] [progress="[inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000"][inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000 [item=Wishing Stone][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [progress="[inventory=Water gem]/3200"][inventory=Water gem]/3200 [item=Water gem][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [/center]
MintyDeku's AvatarMintyDeku
While I do see some good reasons on here for this to be implemented, I just don't see a point to this. With that one fakémon in particular, pokémon literally start out with 27% Happiness. It isn't that hard to stick a pokémon in a field for a couple of hours, find something else to do, and come back to them. While it's pretty annoying with Eevee's case, where Umbreon and Espeon would take priority when you try to evolve your pokémon, all you have to do is put them in a disliked field and wait for happiness to not be within the "green range" (basically, lower their happiness until the little heart icon isn't green anymore). Also, if you planned on evolving the Eevee into another evolution, why would you do something that would make it evolve into something different? That just doesn't make sense to me. Evolve your pokémon first, then raise their happiness. Or just leave them in a typeless field until you decide what to do with them. Unless they plan to update the combat, I don't think these items would have much use. I'm pretty sure medicines are only used when the trainer is in control of the battle, but in this game you don't really have control over the battle. You just kinda see how it goes. I don't really see why this would need to be implemented. Most of these problems are solvable. Unless there was an abundance of pokémon that need to be unhappy to evolve (like how there's a bunch that need to be happy to evolve) this feels a tad unnecessary. Those just my thoughts, though.

Advertisements for cool places:

Please click my precious boys

Pumpkatump avatar is by moi. ' ^ ' ~ This time I might just dissapear ~
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
Why should I have to wait hours to make a Pokémon unhappy, when I can easily feed my poke Sweet Hearts and Easter Eggs to make it happy? Specially now that there is a Pokémon that needs to be completely unhappy to evolve, it just doesn't make sense. The "just stick it in a field" argument also applies to getting happiness up and we have more than one item for it. Right now you can just put the Pokémon in a liked field and wait hours for the happiness to go up, or buy some Sweet Hearts and speed up the process. Why shouldn't we be able to do the same with unhappiness?
Because it's only 27% happiness to lower to make a pokémon unhappy? Because that is not much of a percentage to lower, and doesn't take that long compared to raising happiness to evolve a pokémon? Because you could do literally anything else with that time? Look, there's a grand total of one pokémon on this site that evolves from unhappiness. How many evolve from happiness? I'll list the official ones: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Golbat, Meowth, Chansey, Eevee (for two evolutions: Espeon and Umbreon), Munchlax, Togepi, Azuril, Budew, Chingling, Buneary, Riolu, Woobat, Swadloon, and Type: Null. So of course there's going to be happiness items, but even then, they're exclusive event items. You'd need at least 8 or 9 chocolates for each pokémon reach green happiness (the evolution requirement). Even if you do have a large stock of these items, it's best to just leave them in a preffered field for a few days. Which you can do vise versa with unhappiness. Making a pokémon unhappy currently has no other use than that one fakémon evolution, or trying to use the cookie exploit to raise EXP. Which the latter doesn't matter that much since getting a pokémon's level up is easy if you just put them in your party. There's no appliance of bitter medicine items to PFQ's current combat system, and literally serves only one evolution requirement. It's unecessary. Just put them in the fields, it doesn't take that long.
Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
Happiness items are not that exclusive. There are multiple events scheduled around the year where you can get Sweet Hearts and East Eggs in bulk, easily. You can also buy them on the market for reasonable prices. I don't know if anyone has brought this point up yet, but let's talk about field prices and spaces. The more fields you have, the more expensive they are. If you want to shiny, albino or melan hunt something, you need a lot of fields, even if you're not keeping the regular Pokemon. Those fields necessary for happienss are burning valuable space that a more useful field could be taking up. Yes, I could just stick those Pokemon in a field, but why should I have to burn valuable relistate just for that when we have happiness items to go around that issue? If we have a fieldless work around for happiness, we should have the same work around for unhappiness.
I purchased this awsome melan bait avatar from Cryst in their shop with permission to use.
Stevanae's AvatarStevanae
No support. I don't want these cluttering up the drop tables for Scours or Treasure Boxes, and the Red Gigaremo already lets you lower Happiness very quickly.
Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
The Red Gigaremo does lower happiness, but it also a very expensive item, costing 2K Gold Poke. Meanwhile, you can get happiness raising items for free during Easter in bulk. Or purchase them for far lower prices in the Market Place due to the large amount of happiness raising items in circulation. I'm also not sure if the Red Gigaremo would work with new Fakemon as they can't breed until a certain point in time. You could aways wait until they become able to breed to use it, but that'd be quite a while. You'd be better off using a field, but I've already gone into the issues with the, just use a field, argument.
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
My point is why you can easily get a Pokémon's happiness up but not down? It doesn't make sense to me. And even if it's just one Pokémon, it exists and now there's a need to lower happiness. There's also the Eevee situation (it happens, people change their minds, accidentally put them in the wrong field, whatever). Heck, people migth even want to make a Pokémon unhappy just cause. My point still stands, why should I have to wait to lower happiness when we have so many different ways to raise it? And on the point of "only one Pokémon". There's a bunch of items that only evolve one or two Pokémon: Magmariser, Electriser, Protector, Oval Stone, to name a few...

QUOTE originally posted by Shyvana

There are multiple events scheduled around the year where you can get Sweet Hearts and East Eggs in bulk, easily. You can also buy them on the market for reasonable prices.
Yup, those prices of 188,110+ credits for 99 sweethearts, and 44k to 495K for bulk Easter eggs currently in the market sure look reasonable and affordable to me. Sarcasm aside, there's the valentines' day event for sweet hearts and cookies, and Easter event, and Christmas event for one cookie... That's pretty much it. Even if you get bulk of the chocolates during those events: It takes 8 chocolates to get one pokémon to max happiness. Though they increase happiness, if you, for some reason, don't want to pay for type fields, they'd run out quick if you tried to get multiple pokémon to max happiness. Whether that be for the dex, or whatever desired pokémon.

QUOTE originally posted by Shyvana

Yes, I could just stick those Pokemon in a field, but why should I have to burn valuable relistate just for that when we have happiness items to go around that issue? If we have a fieldless work around for happiness, we should have the same work around for unhappiness.
Listen close: There's literally only one pokémon that requires unhappiness. Where else do you see yourself purposely decreasing a pokémon's happiness? Eevee? Just reset the happiness by trading it to someone you trust and have them send it back if you need a reset. Also, just release the hunt pokémon if they take up so many fields. Buying so many fields just to store hunt pokémon that you'll likely do nothing with is a waste of credits. Considering the medicine's main purpose as a healing item in battle, they don't have much use for the current combat format. There aren't really "turns" were you could use those items. You just watch the battle play out. Decreased happiness literally serves no other purposes on this site. Unless you really want that fakémon and don't want to dex/pay for one field, or if the combat system gets magically updated overnight, there's no point, use, or function to bitter herbal consumables right now.

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page