PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Herbal Consumables for Lowering Happiness

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Herbal Consumables for Lowering Happiness >

selocon's Avatarselocon
We're completely ignoring the primary effects of these items and why they were balanced in the main series games: Healing. In Gen 3 (I'm playing Emerald) you have access to revival herbs, and thus revival of pokemon in battle, as early as Mauville City and the third gym, since getting to verdanturf is as simple as going westward and dodging the pesky trainers. Revival herbs function entirely like max revives, but considering at this point in the games there is no where accessible to buy even normal revives, revival herbs are a godsend. Plus, like Soda Pop and Lemonade, these items filled the healing gap between Super and Hyper potions--a gap of 150 HP between the two. And this is intentional. It's designed to make you make a choice-choice--use either a less available (the drinks) item, one that lowers happiness (the medicines), or use multiple potions or effectively waste HP restoration by using a too-powerful potion. So, they lower happiness, what's the upside, here? I see these items as highly situational, as said in numerous other suggestions, either put the pokemon you need to level in your party or daycare, or put it in a field it doesn't like. Because I don't see a balancing feature for this. Do they give experience? Then they have to be rare enough to not be used all the time. No support
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page