PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 143144145146147148149

BananaLizard's AvatarBananaLizard
Ah. Hrumm... Well, that's good for the newer users, though, somehow that feels a little off balance for the older/other users. But /shrug/ either way, I'm glad at least the new users get a little bit of a break. I remember the struggle trying to get a few summons that I'd unlocked and couldn't seem to find in boxes. xD Thanks for the quick answer, Niet~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Remember, there has always been a "freebie" summon for every one. It gets added in as a "common" item when you open Boxes, if you've never gotten it before. So you had to open a few boxes to get your "freebie" before it went to its normal drop rate. People who've unlocked Arceus in the old system may have noticed how they suspiciously started getting less Summon Items - it's because there were no more items to be given in the freebie system!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sciana's AvatarSciana

QUOTE originally posted by BananaLizard

Ah. Hrumm... Well, that's good for the newer users, though, somehow that feels a little off balance for the older/other users.
Not really. If anything it makes the game more balanced, because generally speaking, older users have an easier time getting practically everything else because they've been going for a while and have upgrades and items to trade and such. I've seen a lot of complaints that getting started in the game is hard, and I agree with that wholeheartedly, so I think anything to help newer users actually have fun and enjoy playing is a plus in my book~ As you said in the rest of the post that I cropped out, it's nice that the newer users get a little bit of a break :3 And still there are some older users that still haven't unlocked everything, like me! :D So this will REALLY help.~
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +46,613,640
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFire
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Spiritsavvy's AvatarSpiritsavvy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

People who've unlocked Arceus in the old system may have noticed how they suspiciously started getting less Summon Items - it's because there were no more items to be given in the freebie system!
I'm a little confused by what this statement is suggesting about summons now - if I was one of those people who was suspiciously getting less summon items, will I now be getting more, or will everyone have the same chances of finding them now (with new users getting freebies on top of that, instead of a boost)?
☆ Katy and Spiritsavvy's Trading Bazaar ☆
Sprite by PF1 user Suineko (PFQ user Kirozey)
Avatar by PF1 user Rein (PFQ user Pyon)
Everyone got a "freebie". It's just that before, you had to find it in the next few Boxes you opened. Now it's given to you sooner. Same freebie, different means of getting it. Nothing has changed in the balance of the game.
SkittyKitten's AvatarSkittyKitten
I know this won't change anything, that this new summon system will remain in place, but since we're allowed to I'd just like to give my personal view on the summon update: Firstly, getting the summons you unlock "for free" seems to make boxes pointless. Why bother getting boxes if you are going to get summon items handed to you? Yes, you could get other summon items (I know it's rare), GP, gummis, relics etc, but let's be honest - everyone opens boxes for summon items, no? So do new players see a "need" to collect boxes now? I guess only time will tell. Secondly, I do feel that this new "you get the summon you've unlocked for FREE as soon as you have unlocked it" is very unfair to those of us who have been playing this game long-term. A few days ago marked my 2 years of joining PFQ and only a few days prior to that had I unlocked Arceus as a summon item. It took me 2 years to get to this point and I had to open a grand total of 475 boxes in order to do this, painstakingly collected over the years on this site. It took me so much less time to unlock the summons than it did for me to collect them in boxes, and heck, with the dex re-set I probably unlocked them all two times over. I've noted every box I ever opened - interesting stats with some batches of box openings giving me better luck than others (finding a summon every 4 boxes on average versus finding one every 17 boxes). I'm probably lucky to have found all my summons, but after 2 years of all that searching and frustration only to now be told, hey, if you are new, or had waited, then you get them all for free! really makes me unhappy. So I will say it, I'm miffed at this update, but there's nothing I can do about it and I won't make any more of a fuss. And I truly hope all the newer players / those who have not unlocked everything yet will enjoy this update.
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
I figured these minor updates would be infrequent with the recode. So Niet, as far as I'm concerned apologies are not needed :) As someone who has arceus unlocked for quite a while this update doesn't affect me, but when I was busy with summoning all the legends I did notice how I always got the summon I needed after unlocking it and that I could find it rather easily in boxes. Even before I summoned Arceus I figured that out and I wasn't surprised it became harder to find summons after summoning Arceus. Anyway, about the update: this new update doesn't require a box? (I have to ask because obviously I can't check how it works) I don't mind people getting free summons if they unlock them, but involving scours and boxes to find the summons always did make sense to me. The effort made it more special to summon the legends. Still, I do get the reasons behind this. The legend in itself is a reward for filling the Pokédex and eggdex, so making it a bit more easy for new players to get the legends they desire is not a bad thing. @SkittyKitten: you get 1 summon for free, if you want more for trading purposes you still need to open boxes. And as you said yourself, we have GP, megastones, credits, relics, gummies. At this point the only place to find relics are the boxes. Even after summoning Arceus I still open boxes, so I don't think the need for them will go down.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
loserbaby's Avatarloserbaby
I don't like this update. As many people have said before me, it just makes it too easy. Plus, one thing I looked forward to the most was the thrill of finding one in a box after working so hard to unlock it. As I said, I find this update was irrelevant to the game. The old summon system worked perfectly fine before. I understand it's hard in the beginning (new users) but like anything, that makes it worth it and shows that you have to work toward what you want (not just on this site, but in life as well). Now it just gives the impression that everything is handed to you in a sense. I don't agree with it.
09rlouward's Avatar09rlouward
Thank you so much Niet, I have been wondering of the facts of the items and am relieved to have read this update. Would those event items pop up in Shop? :)

UFT Shop

Summoning, Forme-change, Special Evolution, evolution items https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/28081/09Rlouward-s-shop
There's been a bit of a mishap, unfortunately. Check the edit I made to the first post for details.

Pages: 123··· 143144145146147148149

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page