PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Minor Updates >

SkittyKitten's AvatarSkittyKitten
I know this won't change anything, that this new summon system will remain in place, but since we're allowed to I'd just like to give my personal view on the summon update: Firstly, getting the summons you unlock "for free" seems to make boxes pointless. Why bother getting boxes if you are going to get summon items handed to you? Yes, you could get other summon items (I know it's rare), GP, gummis, relics etc, but let's be honest - everyone opens boxes for summon items, no? So do new players see a "need" to collect boxes now? I guess only time will tell. Secondly, I do feel that this new "you get the summon you've unlocked for FREE as soon as you have unlocked it" is very unfair to those of us who have been playing this game long-term. A few days ago marked my 2 years of joining PFQ and only a few days prior to that had I unlocked Arceus as a summon item. It took me 2 years to get to this point and I had to open a grand total of 475 boxes in order to do this, painstakingly collected over the years on this site. It took me so much less time to unlock the summons than it did for me to collect them in boxes, and heck, with the dex re-set I probably unlocked them all two times over. I've noted every box I ever opened - interesting stats with some batches of box openings giving me better luck than others (finding a summon every 4 boxes on average versus finding one every 17 boxes). I'm probably lucky to have found all my summons, but after 2 years of all that searching and frustration only to now be told, hey, if you are new, or had waited, then you get them all for free! really makes me unhappy. So I will say it, I'm miffed at this update, but there's nothing I can do about it and I won't make any more of a fuss. And I truly hope all the newer players / those who have not unlocked everything yet will enjoy this update.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page