PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 146147148149

Honestly... and I dont mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if I offend you, but I simply don't like this new code. I miss the simple, previous one. and the fact that it's going to take a bit of time to reboot everything.. just dont really like it. I'm sorry to anyone I offend, I'm just stating my opinion. Niet, I know you worked hard, but I, myself, just prefer the old kind.
Avatar found on google. I do Dex trades, so swing by my profile if you wanna talk, or confirm Illuminatti's existence.

QUOTE originally posted by Farmer Jenkins

Honestly... and I dont mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if I offend you, but I simply don't like this new code. I miss the simple, previous one. and the fact that it's going to take a bit of time to reboot everything.. just dont really like it. I'm sorry to anyone I offend, I'm just stating my opinion. Niet, I know you worked hard, but I, myself, just prefer the old kind.
It's not rude at all, nor offensive - honestly, the whole "it's gonna take a while"-thing is really bothersome to me as well, but we differ on preferring the "simple, previous one". There was nothing simple about it, it was convoluted and messy - and don't get me wrong, this has many an improvement to be made. And I'm only talking about what you got to see - the code itself was equally messy, it just didn't work. It pretended to pretty well, sure... But that's like putting a band-aid over a wound that needs stitches when the stitches are readily available. Given the option, you wouldn't say "Oh, I'll take the band-aid.", right? That's really not going to help the situation... Just like doing the relative comparison wouldn't have helped here, either. PF1 was spaghetti code. PFQ was better, but it wasn't a "job" when it was made. It was still just a hobby. This is going to be it done completely right... But irritatingly, that's going to take time. We welcome any and all feedback on ways that we can improve it - Which means "I don't like it" doesn't fall in to this category. You're still welcomed to say you don't like it, of course! Just be aware that you're not helping us to fix what you don't like by only stating this much. We want to make this the best we can and we can only do this with your input and your patience :)
AngeniTala's AvatarAngeniTala
Is the option to move pokemon from your patry on the fields page going to come back or is it only going to be if you adopt or on your party page that you can move them?

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

QUOTE originally posted by Farmer Jenkins

It's not rude at all, nor offensive - honestly, the whole "it's gonna take a while"-thing is really bothersome to me as well, but we differ on preferring the "simple, previous one". There was nothing simple about it, it was convoluted and messy - and don't get me wrong, this has many an improvement to be made. And I'm only talking about what you got to see - the code itself was equally messy, it just didn't work. It pretended to pretty well, sure... But that's like putting a band-aid over a wound that needs stitches when the stitches are readily available. Given the option, you wouldn't say "Oh, I'll take the band-aid.", right? That's really not going to help the situation... Just like doing the relative comparison wouldn't have helped here, either. PF1 was spaghetti code. PFQ was better, but it wasn't a "job" when it was made. It was still just a hobby. This is going to be it done completely right... But irritatingly, that's going to take time. We welcome any and all feedback on ways that we can improve it - Which means "I don't like it" doesn't fall in to this category. You're still welcomed to say you don't like it, of course! Just be aware that you're not helping us to fix what you don't like by only stating this much. We want to make this the best we can and we can only do this with your input and your patience :)

contents

Picture is of MY DOG and his name is Sammie.

battle

My gym

badge

http://img.pokefarm.org/~7t8/IMG_20160124_202000.jpg Sorry for the blurriness. Final product will take time, this is just the sketch.
My Journal on here Shop<-Please check regularly for updates.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by AngeniTala

Is the option to move pokemon from your patry on the fields page going to come back or is it only going to be if you adopt or on your party page that you can move them?
Before asking questions like this, it's usually a good idea to try it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
I have and I cannot move them from my party to a field on the my fields page.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by AngeniTala

Before asking questions like this, it's usually a good idea to try it.
Now, are you doing this on the public view, which is where you interact with them and the Party is not shown, or the private view, which is where you edit your Fields and can move things around?
Private, but I cannot move them from the party to field within it at all. All I can move is the ones that are already in a field.

Now, are you doing this on the public view, which is where you interact with them and the Party is not shown, or the private view, which is where you edit your Fields and can move things around?
Well that's odd, since it's working fine here. Have you considered making a thread in Bugs, which is more appropriate than in "Minor Updates"?
I'm making one now.

Well that's odd, since it's working fine here. Have you considered making a thread in Bugs, which is more appropriate than in "Minor Updates"?
pDestiny's AvatarpDestiny
Question what was the update here?
Icon was taken from Yoshi's Story Resetting and Reviving

Pages: 123··· 146147148149

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page