PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Type Race Team Stamps or Color Change For TCs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12345

MariNee's AvatarMariNee
Okay, my two cents on this: some people have anxiety and sometimes just getting pm's from people telling you to take part on the event can be a bit overwhelming and make you feel pressured or even feel bad with yourself because you're not "helping the team". Some people just get annoyed by random pm's. Why create a feature that could cause distress to people? I mean, you keep saying "just pm the staff", but why implement something that might create drama, thus making us pm the staff, when it's not really that needed in the first place?

QUOTE originally posted by BraveHearted

Also, if we hang on the idea of privacy issues and someone going to ruin it for the rest then we wouldn't get very far I don't think. Cause with almost every update there's bound to be some way for someone to try to ruin it for the rest of us, that's just how the dime rolls, but tbh it's up to us to figure out ways to either prevent that or to stop it. We're a community after all aren't we?
I've been on PFQ for almost 9 months and I never a saw an update that could be used to hurt the privacy of people... Yes, sometimes people can misuse or take advantage of the new features and updates, but never really in a way that can directly affect us...
Captain's AvatarCaptain
No support. I think the option to display your team banner or stamp in your About Me and a link to your team's thread in Event Discussion covers what this suggestion is offering. The users who want to display can, without having to toggle/change CSS to accommodate participation.
RozziDoodles's AvatarRozziDoodles
I've been on PFQ for years upon years now, and I can say with total honesty that where there is a feature there is a way to exploit it. People have done so and then things need fixing, and there will always be a way to hurt people in life if you're looking for it. We have a good community here, and when something goes wrong, it's literally the mods' jobs to help fix it. The report button exists for a reason. Saying "I don't want this because what if someone's ever mean to me or does something I'm not okay with" isn't a super valid reason, because in any situation someone could be mean to you or do something you're not okay with. If someone is going to harass you for not participating in the type race, they're likely going to harass you for something regardless. The report button is there as a tool when it's needed. The mods are there to help fix bad situations and deal with people doing bad things when it's needed. You say "why create a feature that could cause distress to people?" but...in life, anything can cause distress to anyone. It's not a feature designed to cause distress, which is where the problem comes in. It's a feature that would add pride to teams, and if there's any side effect of distress, it's people abusing it, which is why there's a report function. This is akin to saying "what if this is hard to code maybe we shouldn't do it" or "what if people cheat maybe we shouldn't do it." Mods exist, the report button exists, and the potential for fun from this is way higher than the potential for people to harass you.
Avatar is of my character Deoxy drawn by JadedJynx on deviantART
Brave, regarding the pm thing, some people don't like receiving pms from strangers, I sometimes don't even like pms from friends, doing this would cause more harm than good. If it was optional, cool beans, otherwise it's a badddd idea
My Face Is Printed In Braille On The Desk
I only need 768 Ice Gems for my next badge!
My Type Race Score This Month is 0
Always after Riolu and Crabrawler, lemme know what you want for some. BenjiJ (Rookie) art made by CatEnergetic, for my use only.
Caliban's AvatarCaliban
This is why I said maybe it could be turned off. Yes there are banners you can get, but this also seems like a fun little thing that could be added.
Avatar is my sonic OC Presto, drawn by Kazuma Kiryu
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
@Rozzi Fair points, but I still believe it's not needed. As some people pointed out, we can already change our about me, trainer card and signature to reflect which team we're on. I can support if it's optional though.
wanpachi's Avatarwanpachi
Someone suggested changing the color of the shirt to reflect the team you’re on? I love that. Team shirts have always been a fun thing to me and I don’t see how that would hurt the community. I support this now for reasons stated. If anyone is harassing you for not participating, it’s your job to report them to staff. That’s why they haven‘t implemented a block system for private messages. You’re supposed to report harassment to staff. Ignoring it won’t help, and avoiding it won’t help. You need to confront the situation. I support this now because I see that it can be fun and can possibly be a cool, aesthetically pleasing feature during the Type Race. The sprite will only be changed for the time period of the Type Race. I don’t see why that would cause any problems for users, since it’s only for one week.
Team Fire | February 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
ktensei's Avatarktensei
Pardon, but I'd like to point out that I, and most people I know that are annoyed at the PMs, are just that: annoyed. There is no harrassment. The requests are largely polite. There is nothing to report. People aren't really being harassed; they just don't like being messaged about something like this.
0towards my impossible goal!
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
Template made by Phaiara
Sumeragi's AvatarSumeragi
Support with the option to turn the display on or off. For the fact that I think it would be really cool to truly get the community together with this particular event. It could even help with newcomers who have no idea what's happening and someone comes along, sees that type they're in and could take the step to help them out. And well... it brings people together. Take the people who never go in the forums (ie: me a lot of the time). Someone could see what type they're in and send them a friendly pm saying "hey I see you're in our type race, why don't you head over to the event thread here and we'll help you out with hatching your eggs etc etc." Now. I know this is a double edged sword because I could see hazing happening (like with me. I'm not participating in this type race at all, so I'm not helping me team, therefore, I'm subjected for someone attacking me because I'm not lifting a finger to help) But that's why the option to turn it off would be there so I'm not advertising what team I'm on so it'd help limit my "attackers". And as stated before- that's what the report button is for. Most people should understand and have the generalized respect if someone like me doesn't want to partake in the type race event and (in theory) shouldn't have a problem with it. but we do and that's what report is for.
wanpachi's Avatarwanpachi
Edited out due to a mistake.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page