PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Type Race Team Stamps or Color Change For TCs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12345

If we're going to consider privacy as an issue, imagine the people that don't have time/don't want to participate or only meet the minimum (I've done that most the time I've participated honestly). If their team is broadcast, they could get PMs telling them to help out or they're not doing their part or similar. It could get ugly fast. One would hope it wouldn't come to that, but it could take just one person to ruin it for the lot.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
I agree with Padfoot, forced publicity of the Type Race Teams can bring about a heck of a lot of issues, and if I'm 100% honest, I have no support for the idea, I'd much rather have a couple of fake members on a click list rather than getting pms asking why I'm not contributing, I prefer the privacy. At best, I'd want it to be optional, like box mode.
My Face Is Printed In Braille On The Desk
I only need 768 Ice Gems for my next badge!
My Type Race Score This Month is 0
Always after Riolu and Crabrawler, lemme know what you want for some. BenjiJ (Rookie) art made by CatEnergetic, for my use only.
Caliban's AvatarCaliban
Support But if it was a privacy issue maybe people can have the option of turning it on and off
Avatar is my sonic OC Presto, drawn by Kazuma Kiryu
Duskar's AvatarDuskar
What’s the point of being able to turn it on and off? That’s a choice. You have a choice to display a type race stamp/banner somewhere on your page/signature, so it’s kind of the same thing. Cue the endless ‘how do I disable this?’ It’s much nicer to give people a choice straight up, rather than thrust something on them and go ‘it’s your job to change it if you don’t want it’ Also: racism
It is still applicable, ‘skin colour’ has nothing to do with racism, it’s RACE. It is applicable in this situation, just use your mind
There have been times where people go out of their way to NOT click other teams, whether they’re winning or not. Having your type publically displayed by default could potentially increase the chance of ‘discrimination’ taking place. Which is already stupid because it’s kind of a community event, if that makes sense?
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
wanpachi's Avatarwanpachi
Maybe not so much team stamp... How about a Type Race stamp instead? It can be a rainbowlike stamp that signifies for all teams, so that way no one gets discriminated. It would only show up if you hit your personal goal (200 points) for the Type Race. It can be helpful because then the community can focus on helping those who don‘t have the stamp/haven‘t made their personal goal yet. Maybe the stamp can be considered as a reward instead of saying ”Hey, I’m on this team.” And for the duration of the Type Race, like I said, can be rainbowlike to avoid discrimination, but can change to the team color AFTER the race has ended and be stored in a small “trophy gallery” of sorts. It can be useful because there are users who keep track of their Type Race history. This can help them keep track of it further in case they forget.
Team Fire | February 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Niall's AvatarNiall
Discrimination, not racism… there’s nothing here related to user’s skin color, lol (it’d be typism if that were a word) I’m not sure if I’m a fan of this more than I’m a fan of just adding this as a normal feature for all of the time. I don’t want people knowing I’m on Team Ground if I’m not going to participate, but I’d love to change the purple color to a different tint for everyone to see, not just during the Type Race or on my own personal Site Skin.
Paravoina's AvatarParavoina
Support! I think this would be cool. Maybe the color of your trainer's shirt would change to the color of the team you're on? Think splatfest tees, but type race.
not mine again, this model is from Model's Resource and is a model of Yugi Muto from Saikyo Card Battle.

I have a hecking badge now yay

ktensei's Avatarktensei
I would personally hate this. For nearly every type race, I've been pulling double duty (hunting and hatching my type's eggs) and sometimes people are overly competitive. People have asked me to focus on hatching my type's eggs before - nothing malicious - and it's quite frankly, a pain. I've also seen people talking about how if they saw someone who wasn't on their team, they wouldn't click/clickback them. Even if those things didn't happen, I'd like to keep my privacy. And for those reasons, I'm afraid I'm against this suggestion.
0towards my impossible goal!
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
Template made by Phaiara
Kang's AvatarKang

QUOTE originally posted by Märmär

Maybe not so much team stamp... How about a Type Race stamp instead? It can be a rainbowlike stamp that signifies for all teams, so that way no one gets discriminated. It would only show up if you hit your personal goal (200 points) for the Type Race. It can be helpful because then the community can focus on helping those who don‘t have the stamp/haven‘t made their personal goal yet. Maybe the stamp can be considered as a reward instead of saying ”Hey, I’m on this team.” And for the duration of the Type Race, like I said, can be rainbowlike to avoid discrimination, but can change to the team color AFTER the race has ended and be stored in a small “trophy gallery” of sorts. It can be useful because there are users who keep track of their Type Race history. This can help them keep track of it further in case they forget.
What's the point of this? The point of my suggestion is to find teammates easier for recruiting purposes. Weather it be an icon of some sort, a simple color change or a stamp of some sort. This will also probably catch cheaters as well~
For those of you saying things about people getting pm's to partake, what's so wrong with that? That's your team wanting you to partake in an event - I don't see the issue here. Plus, if you don't want to partake simply ignore the pm or say no with a possible reason as to why. Problem hopefully solved. If you get harassed well...let staff handle that with a handy dandy report. Also if you're doing your best in a type race then that should count for something. If you're choosing to do more than you can handle, well that's simply on you. If you're feeling pressured by your team talk it out and if it's not resolved then, again, bring it up with staff. Another note, if people don't click your team for Arceus knows what reasons why does that matter? You've got your team and there's over 1000 users on site so you'll get clicks from others. If people pm you harassment type stuff or whatever, as I keep saying, let staff deal with it.
I get everyone's points, but I feel that this could be quite useful. Maybe even with a toggle feature of sorts, but then that could get abused by those wanting to cheat. Let me touch on more of why I thought this idea up. As mentioned on my first post I considered it cause I like pulling my team together, but I also wanted people to feel a sense of recognition. Like "Hey cool we're all on the same team! Let's do this!". So why don't we just give this idea a chance before we throw it to the curb? I feel it could be useless in a sense?? Also, if we hang on the idea of privacy issues and someone going to ruin it for the rest then we wouldn't get very far I don't think. Cause with almost every update there's bound to be some way for someone to try to ruin it for the rest of us, that's just how the dime rolls, but tbh it's up to us to figure out ways to either prevent that or to stop it. We're a community after all aren't we? Note: If any of this sounds snippy that's not my intent - I just got done with work so I'm a bit tired, stressed and crabby. >.<
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
RozziDoodles's AvatarRozziDoodles
I support this! I think it'd be really cool, even if I'm not being competitive on my team and I just hit the minimum and continue on with whatever hunt I'm doing instead. As you stated, if people harass you, simply report them. That's why the report feature is there. I support this idea fully~
Avatar is of my character Deoxy drawn by JadedJynx on deviantART

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page