PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 6667686970··· 213214215

Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
- 26th. Bet. I'll make a winner ONE DAY!!!!
My babies <3
Pride icon from Niwatori
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
I came 4th WOW I did not expect that!!! O_O
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
Burmy's AvatarBurmy
First time placing 1st. It's a bit lopsided, but I tried using only black/red/yellow items and it somehow paid off. :D
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
****Bruised ego warning*** Considering everything I saw while voting, and that I also went with a limited colour palate (and symmetry) as did Continuum deservedly getting 1st place, plus the fact that I used an actual high intelligence (Smart) Pokémon, I am very disappointed with my result :-(
*-*-*-*-*-*-* You ranked 36th out of 1,225, placing you in the top 3%. Hope to see more/enough (high) quality entries between 1st and 36th on the thread here to make myself feel better (knowing I was legitimately bettered).
AVID delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 2/238 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
Personally... I don't think the majority of people care if the Pokemon fits to the Typing of the contest compared to the Theme. Or majority just might vote for the coolest looking entry regardless the typing and theme... Plus, Trebor, not to be picky on your design, I really do find it nice, it's just. Alakazam is the face of the Smart Typing and I honestly think that's what might put some people off, yknow? It's the generic Pokemon people would think about when they think of smart. And some people might like it, but I think a lot of people also resent it in a way. Some people might find it lacking originality. I like to use more outlandish Pokemon, and they can work really well sometimes! Like my AZ's Floette. Nothing about it really screams smart but it fit to the theme better imo, and it's a change from the 'generic' of contest types. TL;DR- Some people might just vote for whatever catches their eye, and for the people that do care about the theme/typing of the contest, the generic Pokemon might put them off. Again, not to spit on your entry at all. I still would've voted for it if I'd gotten to see it ^^ It's still really nice to me at the end of the day. Don't give up hope, yeah?
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Compared to my last two designs (which placed 15th and 19th) I thought this was better than both of them. Also, I am not sure about your 'generic' thoughts (based on how many Milotics I see repeating - i.e. getting votes - for Beauty, and wanamangora similarly for colourful, etc.). I saw zero Uxies, mewtwo's, only 1 slowking and maybe 4 or 5 other Alakazams (one thoughtfully designed) this time. So unless voters are 'tired' of them in general, I don't see that applying specifically to This contest. And it is not like a Really colourful one placed first, either. (If it had, I would feel less bruised). Still thank you for your commentary/feedback, and your support in general of my design. I intend to make Extra effort this next Contest (burning out my berry blender as we speak readying blocks for a New cool/flexible Pokémon to enter xD)
timid's Avatartimid

This got me 6th place, and though neither the pokemon nor the color palette really fit with the green/"smart" theme, it's the best placing i've gotten to date, entering contests on and off since my join date. I don't know about other people, but I don't really put that much thought into the species of pokemon, etc when voting, and not terribly much when creating my design, either. That being said, I just vote for whatever's most aesthetically pleasing and seems to have the most thought/effort put into it. I also think that, since there's a reward for voting just ten times, it's also reasonably possible that entries that are actually really good just aren't seen - I know I didn't see any of the entries already posted when voting, and I think they look great and probably would've voted if they'd come up.
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Oh gosh, I just want to say that everyone in this thread has such an eye for design! You all are giving me so much inspiration for future co-ords <3 I usually just opt for whichever mon I'd like to pamper and show off the most - this week, it was Registeel, winning a surprising "29th out of 1,225, placing you in the top 3%."
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
- 5TH!!! I HONESTLY DID NOT EXPECT THIS TO PLACE THAT HIGH BYE
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
I thought for sure people would like it. :(
It seems your Popularity score let you down. Try creating a more impactful design with your Pokémon and Accessories to gain more votes and boost your score! You ranked 38th out of 1,197, placing you in the top 4%.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!

Pages: 123··· 6667686970··· 213214215

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page