PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 451452453454455··· 749750751

Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
grandmaster.pngb.png
It has been mentioned numerous times that this site is still in beta however. Sprites are due to change. Features are due to change. Over the years, things are going to change unfortunately..I agree that some of the old sprites are more appealing, but I also think that as a whole the newer sprites are more consistent and simply fit in with the original sprites better (the neons/vivid and inconsistent colours did need revamping)..~ Not everyone will agree with this, but that's just how it goes though; there's no pleasing everyone and there never had been. Just like how I like the newer sprites just fine (perhaps not all of them, but I agree with the changes as a whole), there are others that won't. And likewise there are others that aren't me that will as well ;w; Even the current albinos and melans are doubtfully anywhere near final though, so expect that even the revamps will change in the future whilst the site is still undergoing it's beta version..Though probably after all the regions have been revamped, and a few here and there like the Spearow line ;; If you and others prefer the old sprites however, there is always the custom CSS site skin idea going around. Just band together with some other like-minded people that know how to use CSS and create a thread somewhere that has the code to revert all the sprites if inserted into a site skin. I'd honestly not mind taking on such a task all by myself if it would actually end or minimise the complaining about the new sprites all the time, but as we all know that's not going to happen I have no reason to TwT
Avatar of Dian Rubens from Spice & Wolf
2.pngx.pngo.pngw.png
Type Race Score: 0
Type Race Clicklist: HERE
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
The problem with that is that we can't use a ton of sprites without getting permission for every single one - every mega, and every 'mon from Kalos onward. Honestly, I prefer the idea of the new melanistics. I LIKE most of them - I like that there's some idea behind them, and some reasonable pattern behind each one. I just think the darkest color on each one should (usually) be black - because otherwise, we end up with melans like Mega Medicham, who would honestly look SO good if that brown was actually black, or closer to it. They look so washed out when it's just purple on top of purple on top of purple. Or whatever tint of color the staff is going with.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
OK so, time to come up with a new name for albinos and melans then. Lets go with "lighter than the dark things" and "darker than the light things" Jokingly said, of course Seriously though, I think that would be taken a large step backwards and I, for one, would like to make sprites better so pls no Rin that would work, but not really, since the wiki broke and we don't have most of the old kanto and johto sprites. And even then, me personally, that seems stupid because then I am seeing something different than someone else, and it is useless to me. I would rather the sprites just be changed to try to reach a mutually respected alternative o3o
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
grandmaster.pngc.png
@Cyndalavosion: I'd like to point out that this thread wasn't originally created by one of the art staff members or any of the staff for opinions on the sprites. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but while this thread is for discussion, I don't think the art staff are obligated to reply to feedback at all. One reason is that they're volunteers. If you definitely want to receive feedback from the art staff I'd personally say PM them maybe. Or maybe that will just annoy the art staff with an overload of PMs. I'm not sure what I'm sayin here to be honest. On the other hand, the albino and melan Spearow/Fearow are amazing if you ask me. I might consider hunting them. (Only might because there's a lot I want to hunt).
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
What is the point of this thread if it isn't to directly contact the creators of these sprites, like seriously. I truthfully don't see how this thread would have a reason to maintain existence since it just seems pointless to be here when there isn't a reply from the art team. I know they are volunteers, but if they have the time to *make* these sprites then should there not be time to answer concerns in regards to them as well? Is that so much to ask? I don't think so, personally, but I can see the point you are trying to make. I hope you and others can see mine as well, though.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
the point of this thread is for users to discuss their feelings on the sprites. staff has no obligation to respond to anything said here. is it nice when they do? yes, of course it is. do they have to, or should we even expect it? no. if you only post here talking to staff specifically looking for a response, you'd be better off taking your concerns to PMs with Sei.
Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
grandmaster.pngb.png
In regards to the art staff answering back to feedback in this thread, it really doesn't help when the new regions come out everyone starts tossing a slew of purely complaints. I've seen people say they come in here to give their two cents without any intention to 'discuss' anything..Just complain and criticise the new updates. Yet the art staff goes through and reads everything anyway and end up feeling terrible afterwards likely, because after all their hard work, they just get a bunch of upset people yelling at them essentially. Yes there's actual feedback mixed in, and yes, they do get looked at and reviewed. Do you know how much time it would take to respond to each and every one though~? Sei's taken a third of a day once replying to only a handful of people. If they didn't get looked at and reviewed, then why are the sprites sometimes edited to reflect that feedback~? I'm sure they'd be more privy to responding to more people if they actually got more 'constructive criticism' though. Criticism and constructive criticism are two very different things for those that don't know: Criticism: the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes. Constructive criticism: Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The latter, surely requires much more work. However for all the hard work the staff puts in, surely we can reciprocate some of that hard work if we want our ideas to be acknowledged and responded to ;P
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
grandmaster.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

What is the point of this thread if it isn't to directly contact the creators of these sprites, like seriously. I truthfully don't see how this thread would have a reason to maintain existence since it just seems pointless to be here when there isn't a reply from the art team. I know they are volunteers, but if they have the time to *make* these sprites then should there not be time to answer concerns in regards to them as well? Is that so much to ask? I don't think so, personally, but I can see the point you are trying to make. I hope you and others can see mine as well, though.
...they're literally in here all the time, though? they're extremely responsive to user feedback, especially compared to other websites. i really can't imagine what more that you would want beyond what they already address. as for the actual topic, i don't think i have any new sentiments on the issue, except that everyone has different tastes. it's a shame that you don't agree with their art direction, but that's life, and the userbase has attempted to provide resources to help this, and the artists have compromised frequently over time in regards to the revamp. i really don't know what complaining about it is going to provide other than more tension between the community. conversations about the sprites immediately turn hostile towards the artists, which is a genuine shame.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
I can't get other users thoughts and opinions on my concerns, whilst simultaneously trying to have a discussion in regards to said concern, via pms. I am just trying to improve appearance of sprites, hence the feedback and the adamant feeling that we need more communication. I am not trying to pick fights or be a jerk/hostile. I am trying to improve gameplay, for me and others. I don't make post with criticism and just criticism. If I have then I genuinely apologize but even now, I am fairly certain I have been respectful towards all parties involved. When I post I say what I don't like and why. I try to improve the sprites to make me more appealed to them. Me and others. I am confused how my current post in regards to this discussion are starting tension and/or conflict? My points have been valid and my attitude polite. ^^; I don't understand why people are getting upset over my opinion, however. Yes the art team shows up sometimes, but it would be 10,000% more effective and appreciated if it was 100% of the time, right? I think so at least. o3o I understand some people make bad and rude and toxic post, but I don't think it is fair to compare that to what I am trying to attempt right now. Which is more communication. I personally, feel like most problems with this thread could be solved if there was just more communication. I am not trying to just complain and be a problem, I am seriously just trying to make an idea that I think could improve this thread and users potential/current issues with sprites. Seriously I get it, there isn't always courtesy shown, but when some people do and some people don't, and there is no answer overall from art team, doesn't that cause more of an issue? It leaves people confused still, and upset too. I just feel like if there was communication regardless, then it would help. You can't just ignore everyone because someone was rude after 4 people were polite, that just makes it seem like you don't care, in my opinion. ^^; The entire point of what I am trying to say is that it would be great if there was just more communication. :/ I can't figure out why x pokemon has y colors from another user, you know? But I can find that out from Sei, BananaLizard, etc. From my standpoint, it would just make more sense anyways if art team answered users thoughts and opinion on sprites since they do all the designing and such towards the sprites. o3o So yeah, I understand the negative thought process you've expressed, but I don't think I am asking something unfair. :/
MossDragon's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMossDragon
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
Even if the art staff did reply to every single post made here, the only thing they can say is either that they agree or don't agree with what's stated, and even then if a suggestion is rejected, people will try going through with their suggestions until one party gives up, and honestly, I don't see any point in this. somebody: hey i don't like this color, it doesn't fit for whatever reason art staff: we're trying to keep to our set color pattern and this is why colors fits the said albino/melan and we decided we won't change it somebody: okay but even so it's too light/dark/etc. They can't please everybody, hence sticking to their set color patterns which is fair to everybody then. Not everybody states their opinions on new sprites and you can't change sprites for the ones that post here most frequently. On one person who says they don't like new color, there could be 10 more people who like the color but don't post here. (I know, same can be said if roles were reversed) Posting your opinion is fine, as stated this thread wasn't even created by art staff and they're not obliged to respond to it for whatever reason, because majority of commentary will just keep looping in circles with different words and explanations but same meaning. Once somebody from art staff replies, even more people will fly in to state their dis/likes which are most of the times personal opinions and preferences. (Nothing wrong with that and it's fine to state your feelings but you have to keep in mind there's a pattern art staff is sticking to and they're already stressed out enough before releasing every single update in fear of hurtful backlash which is honestly not needed, try putting yourself in their shoes when reading your response and think how you'd feel if you read that about your work, some people need to learn difference between constructive criticism and opinions) Every now and then, this same arguments will go up again once again if there's either a bolder change in albino/melan or when next region is released. We've all been through this with same meaning but different words.
collecting: summon_zek.png m.png ShopCredsTemplates b.png ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Pages: 123··· 451452453454455··· 749750751

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page