PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 388389390391392··· 749750751

Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
retiredstaff.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
I think what they mean by when an albino is based on the normal's colors, they mean like if the top is a darker color and the belly is lighter, then the albino will have a lighter colored belly than the top. Or for a better example, growlithe has black markings on it. In the old melan, these markings changed to blue, which was lighter than the rest of the sprite and therefore inconsistent, so the revamp kept the markings darker. It has less to do with what colors are actually chosen iirc
summon_kyu.png100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
Canine's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCanine
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
I really liked this mega on first glance, but looking at it more... not so much. Especially after seeing the actual art, the sprite just doesn't convey the important parts of the design at all (primarily around the face, where there's probably too much going on to translate well into such a small sprite). Not to mention the legs on the sprite look really stiff and unnatural.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: [email protected] Sig Art Characters are mine.
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
grandmaster.pngc.png
I would totally be okay with a better pose tbh, it is pretty similar to normal liepard's. Are alb/mel purrloin and liepard gonna get updated too?
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

I think what they mean by when an albino is based on the normal's colors, they mean like if the top is a darker color and the belly is lighter, then the albino will have a lighter colored belly than the top. Or for a better example, growlithe has black markings on it. In the old melan, these markings changed to blue, which was lighter than the rest of the sprite and therefore inconsistent, so the revamp kept the markings darker. It has less to do with what colors are actually chosen iirc
Ohh, I understand. I always thought they were choosing so much green because they were confined to complimentary colors and Pokemon uses a lot of pink/purple/red. now i dont understand why green is The Color for so many changes but I do understand what they're doin' with the standard, I guess, if that makes sense? again tho, the melan is a good example of how to do a green melan right: a nice accent color to other natural hues, like the tan underbelly. I adore it. The albino... is an example of the zombie green taking over albinos I dislike so much. With that blue, they could have had a gorgeous blue/cream/red(or pink/purple, maybe even orange but that's a little too close to the cream I guess??) combo goin' on there. Green is honestly just the LAST color I would put with peach.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
grandmaster.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Anduin

I'm glad we agree. :) Anyways, Furret is meh too.
ok let me put this more clearly i'm sorry that you don't like a particular color, but that doesn't really mean it makes sense to bash every single melan that has it? like, most people will just say "okay, i don't like this particular one" and then they'll move on, but i don't see any constructive things coming out of your posts. all i see is "i think green is ugly, let's get rid of all of it ever". and god knows how many times the artist have to say not to call sprites or colors ugly before people listen but it seems like these discussions never end normally without a mod or the artists popping in and saying to stop, and i've given my two cents already now. so from here go ahead and list all of the green melans you want or whatever
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Anduin's AvatarAnduin
master.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

QUOTE originally posted by Anduin

I'm glad we agree. :) Anyways, Furret is meh too.
ok let me put this more clearly i'm sorry that you don't like a particular color, but that doesn't really mean it makes sense to bash every single melan that has it? like, most people will just say "okay, i don't like this particular one" and then they'll move on, but i don't see any constructive things coming out of your posts. all i see is "i think green is ugly, let's get rid of all of it ever". and god knows how many times the artist have to say not to call sprites or colors ugly before people listen but it seems like these discussions never end normally without a mod or the artists popping in and saying to stop, and i've given my two cents already now. so from here go ahead and list all of the green melans you want or whatever
Except that wasn't what I said at all and I didn't mention several green melans such as Azumaril Remoraid and Yanmega that I think pull it off well and are suitible for the color. I think the color is overdone and I mentioned that in an /opinion thread/ only to have you who I wasn't talking to at all make a passive aggressive statement at me like I was yelling for all melans to be purple. I wasn't. And now you are projecting even more feelings onto me that I never said so if I could kindly get you to cut it out before a mod does need to be brought in that'd be great. I'd be fine with the green if I saw more oranges and yellows and even browns. I like variety. Thats my opinion and I am free to give here in this thread Made For It. Don't talk about me like I'm not even in the thread reading what you say though and then get huffy at me when I was well within the thread rules. That's unnecessary. And to any mod reading this, I'm done here so no worries on my end.
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
grandmaster.pngs.png
I personally like the new melan colors. The green compliments the base pretty well, and it actually looks like a melan, not just someone's edgy oc. Not sure how to feel about the albino colors, mostly because I don't think the colors work too well together, but I can see the relationship between the albie/melan and the regular/shiny. In terms of actual design, it matches canon megas fine lol. There's few canon megas that actually add something to the pokemon's design, most are just "add a few spikes".
Avatar is official art from Pokemon Typing Adventure Look at him:
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(item.png: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 99 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
grandmaster.pngc.png
@Anduin I think Gladion was referring to people who hate green melans and bash them... and wasnt specifically referring to you, Anduin... It's not projecting when its not referring to you? Also you said you agree with the statement that no melan should be allowed to be green ever xD, your own words. Even if it was sarcastic Gladion might've not realized it was... but still, I think Gladion was adding to their first post(which definitely wasnt aimed specifically at you) and not exactly talking about you specifically in this post.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
grandmaster.pngc+.png
considering my very first post said that it didn't refer to anyone who was being reasonable, i guess that says a lot about how you interpreted your own criticism genuinely wasn't trying to be 'huffy' either, just get upset when people say they hate the artists' stuff. i really am unhappy with the way this has escalated and i regret that you feel so strongly about this
It might just be my awful eyes, but I am having a hard time seeing the face properly on the mega? It's really difficult for me to see the nose and mouth and I feel like the eye on the albino really blends into the mask. I really like the melan colours though, I like the green! edit; I know it makes sense for the eyes to be somewhat covered though, as Liepard is wearing a mask, I'm blaming it on my poor eyesight as it's late ;;

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
m.pngsummon_mol.png×7/1000summon_mol.pngm.png

Pages: 123··· 388389390391392··· 749750751

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page