PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 390391392393394··· 749750751

Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
retiredstaff.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
new/old hmm thoughts? i like both tbh
summon_kyu.png100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
annador's Avatarhypermode-12.pngannador
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

(You had the same picture twice, fixed it in the quote) I really like both as well, I feel like the eyes are a lot more visible on the new version~
Passively collecting ; ♦ Buying: summon_mar.png's at 20zc/100gp/100k per - send a labeled trade! ♥ Passive Summons: summon_tle.png summon_mel.png summon_dce.png summon_jir.png ♦ Delta points for Milcery / Kitwurm Avatar from PFQ Advent ♥
Score: 10764
they looked different on my end :v
Esme's AvatarEsme
ultra.pngc.png
barely an improvement the green is still not a good color imo heck, i think this might actually be a downgrade, as the new one looks more flat (if the one on the left is the new one)
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
What the HEck I didn't think the melan could be better but it got better. I definitely prefer the newer version.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!

QUOTE originally posted by annador

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

(You had the same picture twice, fixed it in the quote) I really like both as well, I feel like the eyes are a lot more visible on the new version~
I really like the new one! I had a bit of trouble seeing the face properly before, but I can see it a lot better now o: Edit: For me the eyes stand out a bit more on the new one, like Annador said.

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
m.pngsummon_mol.png×7/1000summon_mol.pngm.png

naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
grandmaster.pngs.png
Okay, this bashing on green in melan sprites needs to stop. Please guys. For goodness sake, this melan is primarily BLUE, the green is the accent colour. Before you complain about too many green melans, maybe wait until all 800+ pokemon are done, then you will have all grounds to complain if your claims are true by the end of it.
Esme's AvatarEsme
ultra.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Näerie

Okay, this bashing on green in melan sprites needs to stop. Please guys. For goodness sake, this melan is primarily BLUE, the green is the accent colour. Before you complain about too many green melans, maybe wait until all 800+ pokemon are done, then you will have all grounds to complain if your claims are true by the end of it.
I agree. I actually kinda like the main colors on melan Liepard, but I'm still not a fan of the green accents, I just think a color like a golden orange look like a bit better. (that, and... melan purrloin's colors just don't look good in my opinion) One of my favorite "it's going away soon" melans is melan Blaziken, as I think the green actually looks really cool. It makes it look like a radioactive chicken. Yeah, I know it's horribly inconsistent, but it's still charming. Then again, I'm not a big fan of the pink accents on Liepard anyway, nor do I have any real attachment to Liepard. In my post on the previous page, I have posted examples on how I'd improve melan Purrloin by giving it a warm maroon base with some golden/orange accents. The blue base is perfectly fine on Liepard, i just wish the accents were a more contrasting color like gold or a turquoisey blue
R'ahnok's Avatarhypermode-12.pngR'ahnok
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
We (as in, the art staff) never purposely choose green on a melan just out of spite, it's only picked as it fits the consistency of the line Green isn't always a nice colour - and this is coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of green - but it works in some cases. Every sprite isn't final, and is always subject to change if a compelling argument for its change is presented. The houndour line was changed due to proper criticism from the userbase, and we are all open ears if you let us know what doesnt work, why and suggestions on how to fix it. Sure, it may not be done right away. But if it's a good crit, we'll listen.
I do agree that a dark gold color would look nice. More warm colored melans in general would be refreshing i think (more red melans pls?)

Pages: 123··· 390391392393394··· 749750751

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page