PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 1819202122··· 748749750

QUOTE originally posted by Wardove

This is true. I can see the brown on Ninetails somewhat, though it seems to lean heavily towards a dark-grey shading as well. (The colour is nicely offset by the green fire on the mega though.) And I can't call Jumpluff anything but maroon (but I guess you could argue maroon is a brown-red mix so...) Can't see it on the Buizel though... it does look charcoal-ish to me :P Perhaps checking them on another screen will reveal different colours?
I'll look at then on my laptop later. But I wasn't saying they all DID turn brown what I said was I HOPE they don't recolour everything with a brown palette. My statement didn't require correcting
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemists Fire

This is true. I can see the brown on Ninetails somewhat, though it seems to lean heavily towards a dark-grey shading as well. (The colour is nicely offset by the green fire on the mega though.) And I can't call Jumpluff anything but maroon (but I guess you could argue maroon is a brown-red mix so...) Can't see it on the Buizel though... it does look charcoal-ish to me :P Perhaps checking them on another screen will reveal different colours?
I'll look at then on my laptop later. But I wasn't saying they all DID turn brown what I said was I HOPE they don't recolour everything with a brown palette. My statement didn't require correcting
Nah. tbh I'm not a huge fan of brown, but I won't stagnate my art team by saying "NO. ABSOLUTELY NO BROWN. EVER." When brown works, it works - like it did with everything recolroed so far. keep in mind you're only seeing a small sample size of the melans and albino revamped - there's still over 800 sprites to go.
Wardove's AvatarWardove

Sorry if it came across that way. I was just commenting on how the colours looked on my screen ^^() I know my brother has his laptop set to an insanely high saturation, so all the colours look insane, even when we're looking at the same image.
You guys're gonna redo all the melans? O.O *crosses fingers for darker/sharper Togetic* I look forward to seeing all the revamped sprites!
It's best to assume I just don't exist anymore oop. I'm very active on FR (Wardove #360598), and I'm also down for a hello on Discord (Wardove #1455) If you have one of the templates I made once upon a time and either want to shout out or talk code, Discord will get you a quick response. avatar drawn by Raske on FR!
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
I am, as well; especically Melan Volcarona. I'm curious if they can give it a kinda radioactive look to it, with green wings and a pure black body. :0
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
Im always so amazed at seeing the new Sprites!~ And i ABSOLUTEY love Ninetales line~ I was going to end my Vulpix Hunt after i upgraded my Bagde but now i have to get that Melan xD I really love the Kitsune folklore and stuff so i really love how the Mega came out~ Honestly i want to learn how to make Sprites cause of you guys But i fail horribly cause i dont know what im doing most of the time Teach me your ways O Wise Ones Im dying to see the rest of the Sprites!~ Haha theres so much i want to say and comment on the little details but im bad at using words and cant get it out :'D
@Wardove Same I would Melan hunt Togepi but not many people like the shiny and im a bit busy with Vulpix ;)
Feel free to PM for any art requests uwu
Made by SoraX for Pikachuisepiclol's use only.

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

Nah. tbh I'm not a huge fan of brown, but I won't stagnate my art team by saying "NO. ABSOLUTELY NO BROWN. EVER." When brown works, it works - like it did with everything recolroed so far. keep in mind you're only seeing a small sample size of the melans and albino revamped - there's still over 800 sprites to go.
Again, you misunderstand me. I'm not saying no brown ever either. What I'm trying to say is that I hope it's not 100% brown recolour, I hope there are still going to be some black/charcoal/grey melans.
Kodiyak's AvatarKodiyak
I personally adore browns, and greens, so I love the new Melan Vulpix line! All the sprites in the past week have been fantastic, but I have to nitpick on Chimecho's Melan. Maybe it's just me, or my eyes, but the purple on the tassel(?) blends in too much with the dark grey above it. Vanillite's line is adorable, I'll be hunting for that chocolate ice cream in the future. >:)
Sei's AvatarSei

[--snip--] You guys're gonna redo all the melans? O.O *crosses fingers for darker/sharper Togetic* I look forward to seeing all the revamped sprites!
It's been stated a buncha times albinos and melans are getting a serious rehaul since there are a lot of problems with them. Alola is where we really got the flow of everything and settled on the "Albinos follow the normal sprite patterns, and melans follow the shiny sprite patterns" thing. So, for example, Vulpix. Normal Vulpix's body is reddish-orange, and its tails are in the same family, leaning towards red. its tails are darker than the body - so the Albinos tails are darker than the body while still being relatively close. Shiny Vulpix's body is yellow and its tails are gold in color, relatively close palettes, but the tail is still darker than the body. So we had to lighten up Melan Vulpix's body a bit and chose a similar tinted tail color for the tails. However, since Albino (technically leucism on our site, but it'd be too late to change what we call them) palettes are generally pale in color, we adjusted the formula a bit as evidenced by new sprites. Same for our Melans. Since Melans are literally Shiny Albinos, we figure it's alright to get a bit creaive with them while still sticking to a bit of consistency. But.. yeah. A lot, and I mean a lot of melans have really weird colorations, especially ones an ex staff member did. it's very prevalent in the first three generations, where things are overly saturated, use really dark colors, or even remove some shading and have no sense of 'order'. skarmory is a good example of not really making any sense and using a very saturated color. You can see the old Skarmory was very, VERY dark in coloration and the blue is so saturated it just clashes. Skarmory is a very light colored pokemon, so the melan shouldn't be so incredibly dark. This was.. very obviously adjusted with the new melan sprite. :> So.. yeah. Sorry for rambling - basically, yes. A lot of melans are getting redone. We're going to try and keep to the old schemes as best we can (obviously adjusting so it's not straight black or overly saturated), but in some cases the old schemes just don't end up working and we need to adjust for consistency. I do hope me explaining things help with you guys understanding the reason why things are done and not just done on a whim. A lot of thought and love gets put into this - and all of us are volunteers. I feel it speaks volumes of how much we want to make PFQ an amazing site everyone can enjoy.

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

Again, you misunderstand me. I'm not saying no brown ever either. What I'm trying to say is that I hope it's not 100% brown recolour, I hope there are still going to be some black/charcoal/grey melans.
No, I didn't misunderstand you - I told you that you were looking at a small sample size which happened to include brown into the mix. I can understand, from seeing this, that you might be under the impression that more sprites would include brown in them. All I said was that "if it works, it works, and no, not all melans will be brown in the future".

QUOTE originally posted by Kodiak

I personally adore browns, and greens, so I love the new Melan Vulpix line! All the sprites in the past week have been fantastic, but I have to nitpick on Chimecho's Melan. Maybe it's just me, or my eyes, but the purple on the tassel(?) blends in too much with the dark grey above it. Vanillite's line is adorable, I'll be hunting for that chocolate ice cream in the future. >:)
Yyyyeah, Chimecho is another example like Skarmory. Too dark, too much saturation in other areas. It's gross and will be killed adjusted.
Sciana's AvatarSciana

But I wasn't saying they all DID turn brown what I said was I HOPE they don't recolour everything with a brown palette. My statement didn't require correcting
but saying you hope everything doesn't turn brown implies all the new melans so far have turned brown and we might not use any other color in the future? i wasn't trying to CORRECT you, i was pointing out that you don't have to fear everything turning brown bc of the new melans, few are brown. xD even fewer are brown when i look at all the melans that have been done behind the scenes
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +46,619,423
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFire
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Esme's AvatarEsme
I'm glad you guys are stepping your game up with the melans c: *prays that the Ralts line stays black and purple/blue (or maybe even something like dark red if it HAS to change +w+)* ... although I will admit their current coloring is a little "flat." I hope they'll still look like goth knights, that will be cool.
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop

Pages: 123··· 1819202122··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page