PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Special Event... failed?

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 161718

Jellywolf's AvatarJellywolf
I find it sad that the userbase made less interactions than the average weekend. But there are the holidays to consider though. People going to their families who don't have Internet connection might be it. I did feel that the goal was set way too low. 1000 is already on the daily goals, so a special event should have been more than that. Still, it was fun. And the stats too.
Avatar is from (the most resourceful and awesome show) Horrible Histories, Series 3, Episode Five.
CWTtheAI2360's AvatarCWTtheAI2360
Admittedly, I'm part of the group that didn't do very much to reach the goal. However, it's not because I just didn't care about testing the new server; it's more that I'd just long since lost my drive for clicking as a whole. Let me explain. Some time last year (if memory serves), I'd been struggling for credits and really needed them to get another field so I could start sorting again. However, by this time, I was deeply entrenched in RPing on this site's forums, so I'd often get interrupted while clicking, and since frankly, I find clicking to be really tedious and boring, my attention would always be yanked towards whatever was going on in whatever RP/SU I got a notification for. And after enough of this happened, my will to keep clicking just ended up completely fading, so I don't do it anymore. Besides, I seemed to get mass clicked by people with a ton of Pokémon in their fields, which didn't help the problem, since I have a habit of returning mass clicks. And a lot of the people on my mass click list also had a lot of Pokémon in their fields, which, again, only made the problem worse.
Esme's AvatarEsme
As others stated, it wasn't the best of weekend for people in the states due to finals/midterms (Or heck, they failed previous tests and have to study to take them again. Looking at you, New York Trig Regents! >3>). But of course, I do see your point. People got a bit lazy at the end due to the low goal. I will admit that 25,000,000 is a lot for just one day, but for two it was a cakewalk. The fact that Christmas s just a few days away could have factored in too. I mean, people were probably doing their last-minute shopping, clearing away snow, getting ready to travel, going to church etc.
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
Maybe if there was some incentive if the global target was met like a day similar to pi day where all the counters were actibe. I also found that since i already had the az floette i didnt want to do more than i needed especially since i was at work so i only did 5/6k wheras with a mcw i get a megastone i dont have and its a higher target.
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?
cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
This event was fun, especially since we haven't had an event that wasnt just mcw for a while. Though the prize did seem a little... meh. I personally dont have much use for a cs sprite, since all they do is sit there and look cool. Im not sure what I would have prefered, though. If there was some bonus counters set up for the event that wouldve been nice too. We had a Niet counter which was nice, but it couldve been better. Like Golden Tempest said, the Acree counter is not really for clicking so it didnt help the event at all. People actively seek out gems and shinies, so a Ravyne or Sei bonus wouldve been great. Marie's counter wouldve been nice too because it can be easy to run out of adoptions when theres a multiplier. Or the personal goal couldve been raised slightly, that wouldve solved some things. Regardless, I am eager for the 12 days of christmas! Sorry about the essay haha, I still enjoyed the event with its flaws. c:
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
Rokon's AvatarRokon
I was one of the people who got the personal goal and dropped it at that. Whether it was 1k or 100k, that was all I was going to do. The reason why is pretty simple. It's not because the goal was too low. It was because the prize was... well, to put it simply, junk. I mean, CSes are cool and all. Don't get me wrong there. But they offer nothing of value. No addition to the Dex, no kind of boost or event, and the fact that a lot of people would probably be getting the CS means it won't have market value for a long time. For someone who doesn't really care about having things because they look pretty, I had no desire to go above the personal goal. I would lose nothing by not getting the CS. I only did the 1k because I know I can hoarde the CS for a distant time when it has value. The event was great in theory, and I'm sure we could've actually done 25mil in one day. Just the prize kinda sucked and it wasn't like the event itself was offering some kind of special boosts, so there was no real reason to even bother.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
craftylilcrow's Avatarcraftylilcrow
I'll be honest, I struggle to get to 10k in a week since I'm usually quite busy, and with Christmas around the corner a lot of people are probably a lot more busy than usual. So I can kinda understand why the event 'failed' as it did if people could get away with only 1k interactions. Again though, 10k maybe too much. I personally don't really like Floette, so I wasn't bothered to do the event even at 1k really. 5k is more achieveable but still an effort, so maybe that'd be a better option? 12 days of Christmas sounds fun, hopefully I'll have the time to get involved :')

✦ Crow ✦ Mx | They | Them ✦ 29 ✦

My Fieldscredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @craftylilcrow on Toyhou.se Signature Pagedoll official art(?) on serebii.net
Type Race Points : 0
I am fairly new (2 days). I managed to make the goal, but my party is full and neither trade nor fields have as yet unlocked yet. How to make room for the reward pokemon ? love Villow
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Villow von Vald

I am fairly new (2 days). I managed to make the goal, but my party is full and neither trade nor fields have as yet unlocked yet. How to make room for the reward pokemon ? love Villow
Clear the tutorial first :)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Featherquill's AvatarFeatherquill
Compaired to what everyone else was saying 10k interactions seem really high as a goal, I'm a full time mother and have very limited time on here.. That said I did manage 2.5k, so thank you so much for the sprite!

Pages: 12345··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page