PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Special Event... failed?

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 161718

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Some numbers regarding the Special Event. Let me get the important thing out of the way first: if you reached the target, go claim your prize! So why am I saying the event failed? Well it's all about numbers. 29,126,105 interactions were made this weekend. Seems pretty good, right? Well... on average a Mass-Click Weekend gets almost 50% more than that. In fact, an average, non-MCWeekend gets about 75% of that. Despite this being a Special Event with an otherwise unobtainable prize (whereas MCW prizes are available starting the month after their initial release), participation was very low. Out of almost 8,500 participants, 3,500 didn't reach the 1,000 target needed for the personal goal. 1,500 players got the personal goal but left it at that, leaving everyone else to worry about the community goal. A further 1,000 (6,000 total) were below the "average per participant" needed for that community goal. This left 2,500 people to do the "carrying". So it would seem that I set the personal goal too low compared to the community goal. I know you guys are more than capable of it, but the incentive just didn't seem to be there. It seems I failed to design an event that was motivating enough. On to something more positive, I was able to get useful information out of the first hour of the event: you guys managed to make an average of 500 interactions per second for a while! The server had almost no trouble at all dealing with this. The only noticeable issue was when the database hit its configured limit for number of connections. I'm very satisfied with this result, as it shows the EXP update I made earlier has served its intended purpose and allowed for increased activity with fewer issues. The person who made the most interactions over the weekend made 219,721 interactions! Not bad! Anyway, with all that said, enjoy your prize and I'll see you next week for the 12 Days of Christmas - stay tuned for more details coming later this week!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Suríya's AvatarSuríya
Thank you for the special sprite pokemon :D
Current Hunt: Lunatone Chain Length: 1913 — Shiny Total: 32 — Melans: 0/1
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.
Venefica's AvatarVenefica
Second AZ, but thank you~ Maybe... Try to set the bar to 10k interaction next time? I think I saw some people suggesting that and I find it very true :3
Suiçi's AvatarSuiçi
oh no ;-; i totally forgot about this event! i was getting ready for doing it last week but forgot it was during weekend Dx
Lyra's AvatarLyra
O.O wow 219000+ interactions! I thought I interacted much but never mind then XD. I am verry happy with the AZ flotte say thank you so much Niet!
Beatifull signature and avatar made by Ryuokowolf c:.
AriaPsiana389's AvatarAriaPsiana389
The problem might have been that a lot of people would have already got this event if they were here when it was first released, a lot of people seemed busy too that weekend Still glad I actually had a chance to get it! Thanks!
Click the Charrot for my Art Shop!
KÏGüRüMÏ's AvatarKÏGüRüMÏ
maybe some persons didnt have the time since its soon christmas.. like me we had house guest me and my fiancee so didnt really have the time to do more than 3k or so also that i have been sick out and in of the hospital twice so maybe other people are like me.. baking, sick, having guests or similar since it was only one week into christmas at saturday. edit i just saw that i did a little over 6k.
Vorn's AvatarVorn
I'd say that a possible way to remedy people reaching a goal and leaving an event would be to actually tier rewards. For example: 1) 1000 interactions get medium/large gem of random type 2) 5000 interaction get some kind of item or whatever 3) 10000+ interaction get the main prize And so on.
WaterWølf600's AvatarWaterWølf600
Ah~ It's nice for users who missed the first one to get one. Over 200k+ interactions for one person is a big feat. Congrats to the one who managed to do that~ All in all, really glad I got the sprite as I don't think I would have gotten one if not for this.
they/them | +10 server time occasionally active pfp credit
TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
Thank you, Niet, we are not even deserve then this CS. Maybe the invidual goal was too low, maybe the users are a bit insensitive? Or what is the good word... Anyways, I think I was clicked my part as much as I can (I was worked yesterday, so I clicked the original day 72k), so I'll tresure my Floette <3
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~

Pages: 123··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page