PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 plans, updates and discussion

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456··· 333435

MikoFerret's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikoFerret
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Mio Xenoblade

QUOTE originally posted by heartstrings

these updates look pretty nice !! except theres just one thing im asking @ the daycare- what benefit does having one pokemon in your party with 5 other eggs of the same species give? i've always found multiples of 6 convenient as you can hatch more at a time so im js rlly interested XD
it gives you "family bonus" exp - so your eggs can hatch faster :> this bonus stacks with up to 3 mons of that evo line, but most people just have one in their party!

QUOTE originally posted by Mio Xenoblade

QUOTE originally posted by heartstrings

these updates look pretty nice !! except theres just one thing im asking @ the daycare- what benefit does having one pokemon in your party with 5 other eggs of the same species give? i've always found multiples of 6 convenient as you can hatch more at a time so im js rlly interested XD
it gives you "family bonus" exp - so your eggs can hatch faster :> this bonus stacks with up to 3 mons of that evo line, but most people just have one in their party!
I have been playing this game for over 3 years and never knew this!! So if I keep one Pokemon that I am hunting in my party, the eggs hatch faster?! Is this correct? How did I not know this!!
Avatar is my Disney Dreamlight Valley character.
Tarountula's AvatarTarountula
arceus.pngb+.png
I really enjoy this the changes are great I'm really looking forward to the new outfits for the avatars and the new hair styles and colors too! Just a curious question on the hair colors would that include something like dirty blonde hair? I thought I'd ask cause I have dirty blonde hair but currently use the brown hair option since that's the only one that works as of right now.
Pfp from Pfq
Vagevurig's AvatarVagevurig
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Nezha

[snip] ...and making the shelter stay exactly where you'd left it last reload every time seems untenable considering that information could quickly become outdated with auto hatches and other users adopting things. [snip]
That is actually how it works right now!! It always stays on the last page u left on, unless you left the shelter on the "adopted" screen in which case it reloads a non-flute page.
Lucifer | 23 | Xe/Xir | ground.png0 Icon by Fivey | OC (Cupid) belongs to Me. Journal Feel free to check out my UFS pokemon in my first field~! "It's just a color, but it burns."
summon_mar.png 98 / 1000
Collectors Price: 100k
Huge fan of majority of these changes tbh. Especially the buff for Variant and exclusive breeding cause good lord does making 1,000+ clicks with only 5 or less eggs to show for it make Hunts rough. I do, however, not really like the sound of discouraging mass clicks and shelter usage. I was able to convince my boyfriend to join this year and while the shelter helped at first, I've heard him state that he isn't getting many new dexes from it and thus resorted to other methods to obtain new eggs. Granted, I acknowledge that with the ranks being reworked, that maybe a shelter nerf would maybe be needed but even then, I think the shelter is fine as is currently. I'm also against discouraging mass clicks just cause they've been helpful to me with breeding in the daycare and my wishforge progress. I feel like upgrading my badges is going to be even more of a painful slog if folks don't have any reason to mass click. Yes I know there's other ways but honestly as you get higher in the badges, evos are the quick and cheap route. I also can't help but wonder how it'll effect PKRS and the fellow farmers that hunt it. If I'm misunderstanding something or misinterpreted, please feel free to quote me and help me understand ;v; Overall, super loving the changes.
Icon Drawn by Me
🎭My Shop🎭
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
moongoer's Avatarmoongoer
grandmaster.pngd.png
Most of these changes look absolutely fantastic, especially the rank changes. I'm not seriously trying for Arceus and just trying to fill my pokedex as I go but progress in the champion rank is so slow and painful. It just seems like an endless slog. I love the lab changes, but would there be any boost to an egg you have chained as per the black flute in the shelter? I ask because I was hunting Greavard recently for shinies/gems and did not have access to a good breeding pair - the best I could manage had 83% compatibility and produced hisuian zorua half of the time. I used my daycare hatches but had to resort to the egg supplier for hatches because I couldn't breed enough to reliably get them through the shelter. (I hunted Tinkatink for gems recently, with another different species pair, but at least other people were also breeding them) Having a boost in the lab - even a very small boost - would've been really helpful. Could the black flute provide a slight boost in the lab particularly as some eggs can be obtained through the lab easily but can only be bred with a Ditto? And regarding your query as to why people would want to release just one species of egg from the daycare... I had a LOT of Hisuian Zorua I didn't want! So that would've been really really helpful for that hunt and anyone who is hunting for a monogender species. I agree that mass clicking needs to be rebalanced somehow but I would still like field clicks to contribute via EXP share, if you need to make 1-2k interactions to keep your egg supply up for a hunt it would be devastating to receive no exp from them.
Score: 0
TR score badge credit icon from fire emblem cipher!
I saw some concerns mentioned about the black flute combined with the refresh cost And I think the bad luck should be improved with the daycare buffs added on top, the biggest thing to consider though about the luck is that shelter, as stated, is user provided pokemon So making harder to breed mons buffed should fix that major gap of luck (being variant mons), however if a particular Mon is unpopular, does mean you have to rely more on your own eggs So again with the daycare buffs, that should hopefully make the eggs not a problem in the slightest, plus the refresh will be the cheapest cost it seems and should hopefully not make bad luck streaks any worse This is just my understanding of the changes and how they will affect each other
Rainquail's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRainquail
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png
I've gotten down to the wish forge and I'm super pleased with all the planned changes. The change to shelter system will take awhile to get used to, especially since I sometimes have to reload a few times to get what I'm looking for, but still, it's all good in my books! However..... I'm not sure I like the idea of gifting ZC to users simply for logging in. Yes, it'll make it easier for free to play users (such as myself), but I'm worried how this will change the pricing and exchange rates that we currently have. So Staff have any plans to change the price of items worth ZC, and if so, how will it scale? I know it's something I should be excited for, but with real life inflation beating down a lot of us in America, I'm worried it'll be something similar here. I'm also worried that if the prices stay the same, if it'll impact the number of people willing to buy ZC. It's a premium current for a reason, and helps pay for the site and keep it afloat. As cool as it would be to get free ZC, I'd like for PokeFarm to be around to enjoy. Currently going to take a break so I can properly process the rest of the information when I come back. Once again, love the proposed changes and I am happy with the transparency.
SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I didn't read anything i am not in favor of it all looks well planned out and i am looking forward to how the site changes. The phase 6 for sharing exp. This is one that i think should be boosted for partys but still give you something for mass clicking fields. csy makes a good point of non peak hours not having enough new party eggs/pokes to click. Also we that have those 50-200 fields full of pokemon still want to get mass clicked because we do still need to level pokemon for rte pokemon for our gem bageds and for evo tournaments too. This is just what i think about it though.
My type racenormal.png0. My trade thread can be found here
summon_sui.png × 154 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Mal du Pays's AvatarMal du Pays
arceus.pnge+.png
A lot of these changes seem really nice! Looking forward to seeing them implemented. I think my biggest issue (if you could call it that anyways) is the idea of the EXP share being essentially nullified in field clicks. I think the EXP share is a great benefit especially for newer players, and being able to click someone's fields to get EXP is nice! If it should be adjusted, I think maybe nerfing in fields to not be as powerful & buffing for party interactions would be a sort of nice middle ground? I don't use lucky eggs too frequently unless I'm on a hatching roll, so maybe making those party interaction only might be beneficial (so they're both self-helping & communal, if that makes sense??). I also think it would be beneficial if the "random users" button could pull from more users, rather than those immediately online, for ease of user-to-user interactions (outside of clickbacks). Maybe from a list of users active within a certain amount of time? 24h might be too big of a window, but I think a sort of "bigger timeframe" would be helpful (unless this already exists, and I'm just not present enough to notice it haha)
Icon is from In Stars and Time.
Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
General, loosely-collated thoughts on all the proposed changes: * Customizations and Custom Sprites, hard to really disapprove of those! Wouldn't have thought of using Kecleon Bros as referal bonuses, but that makes so much sennnnnnse * Free ZC??? Free ZC!!! * I'm a half-stacked Lab User, in that it only really works for me when there's lab tournaments and type races on (full-time hunting a variant), but I can see the benefits of all the proposed changes - though I personally wouldn't use the cooldown timer removal upgrade, I can see plenty who would. * To seek clarity on this line: "Champion Rank won't be good enough for it - it was given a weaker version of the boost to alleviate the harshness of losing Arceus rank, but now that the Arceus rank itself has built-in leeway, Champion rank won't need to prop it up." - does this mean that those under Arceus rank are losing the Long Chain Bonus, or is this in reference to something else? Can't give my full opinions on that until I know for sure what this is affecting. * I'm 100% on board with the "Donated by" aspect of the Shelter update, and I can... see where you're coming from with the rest of it. It sort of feels like a halfway house between the 'switch limits on Daycare and Shelter' suggestion and the various 'Universal Adoption Passes' suggestion; the way you're outlining it even goes a little way to answering the question of 'please explain what you mean by shelter adoptions and daycare adoptions not being equal in value'. I'll have to see how things play out with this one, but I can see it having benefits and drawbacks in equal measure. * Yes, all of the Daycare Updates, in my face! Blblblblbl. * I'm not an IV hunter, and have been playing for, like, six years, so Wishforge and Tutorial buffs don't really impact me either way. Like the sound of reworking the Task List, however. * Hm. The first bullet point sort of sucks - I like hatching my own specials for the most part, so I'll have specials that aren't mine just clogging up the fields if people choose to pay for my RTEs that way; but I can learn to live with it. I also don't use the referral feature often enough to make the most of that feature (I said it's hard to disapprove of Custom Sprites, that doesn't mean impossible); but the adjusted value of special trade-ins feels like a good mitigation of that. * I have no strong feelings regarding the fossil Pokemon change one way or the other. * My misgivings about the EXP rework section is that, even with the changes, we're still, at best, only likely to click on each person's party once per day, which isn't going to be helpful in the long term at all. And how far does this have the potential to reach out? If parties are so much more important than field Pokemon, why allow Fields to be visible at all? Why allow Pokerus, which spreads through clicking Fields more so than Parties? Perhaps this is just me being reactionary, and I'll happily be proven wrong on this, but I don't see this making more than a dent in the current system, or being more than a band-aid to (as you consider it) the deeper issue.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent

Pages: 123456··· 333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page