PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 plans, updates and discussion

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 333435

Sedona's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSedona
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
I'm overall very excited to see some of these changes, the Arceus rank and daily login chain changes especially. I'm a little hesitant to see how the daycare budget works, particularly the "uses an amount of the budget to reload the shelter" - this may make it challenging or even punishing for people doing a rare or unpopular shiny hunt after they run out of their free adopts/daycare passes and release to the shelter, especially in the first few days of the hunt while their eggs are still circulating into the shelter. I think the EXP share idea in phase 6 is a good idea, but I would hope that, as mentioned as a possibility, exp share would be stronger in parties and weaker in fields, as opposed to just not working in fields at all. A lot of users have evolve and wishforge fields, and I don't know that they'd get clicked as often (minus when the user has Rus) if doing so granted no EXP.

Sedona | They/Them | Adult

keeper of the spreadsheets
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
Aedier's AvatarAedier
arceus.pngb.png
RE: Phase 5, ending paragraph Personally, not a fan of the guest DP feature being entirely removed. However, I do like the idea of referral points being added. I'd be more on board if the amount of points a user can get per day is capped at a certain amount or at five of each type of interaction, keeping the value of guests at 5 then referred users being worth 10. That way referrals would still be more efficient and advantageous, while keeping the guest DP function available as a passive way to generate points. I bring up this suggestion because me and my friends who play on this site are the only ones in our friend group who are actually interested in it, so getting new players to be our referrals would be difficult, unless we bring in someone who has no interest in actually playing.
  • Hello!
  • Starters
  • Collecting
  • Promo!
• Aedier • Bittersweet
Gentle, Careful, Calm / Hasty, Jolly, Timid
• she/it/he/they • Icon by me!
Two legend hunts under my belt! Taking it easy and helping some friends, but still passively hoarding summon_mes.png
Magatama
summon_ric.png
Ice Statue
I will sometimes buy ice/fairy/poison aesthetic deltas! If you offer, I may also buy aesthetic special deltas of those types! Feel free to PM ^^
Ren's Art Shoppe - It has comms, adoptables, charm baits, and more! And if you feel, check out My Kiosk!
Ursaring's Avatarhypermode-12.pngUrsaring
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngshiny.png
These changes all look great with the exception of the cost for reloading the shelter. At present I have been releasing over 1000 eggs to the shelter every day and I still frequently have to reload multiple times to find an egg. I don't like the idea of missing out on egg adopts because I cannot find any of my current chained egg.
Please visit my shop
Avatar by Mystera / Shop button by hamster

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

- Put some kind of soft-cap on the EXP Share in particular. Perhaps it can "charge up" either with time or with interactions you receive (or both!) to get its stronger effect, gradually decaying to a relatively low baseline until charged again. Making it charge with interactions received will encourage clicking a wider range of players to get Clickbacks!
What I fear with the highlighted section is that it will only expand upon the problem that you are trying to solve with this, as players who do not have as many pokemon will not be able to recieve as many interactions as somone who has those fields of 100s of pokemon.
For the XP rework considerations (cause honestly everything else is so great, considerate, and really helpful for all players regardless of their experience playing) Perhaps to keep that balance and promote the clicking, lucky eggs get boosts, but limited to party clicks sounds perfect for promoting XP grind via interaction with others Pokerus is a good way to get massive amounts of clicks, however maybe can be introduced to new players better somehow? I know when I first started I thought for the longest time only the party had pokerus and because of that took forever for me to get pokerus for the first time as I had to figure out how exactly it works first (I'm also a bit of a tech boomer so understandable if it was just a me thing) Experience share I feel is very important however to getting new players invested, so any changes made should be in a way to not harm new players, but keep veterans helping new players instead I do remember that players that still have the starter bulb give some time of bonus, so maybe tweaks on that can help? Or be considered in the needed adjustments since it's new players hurting the most from it Hopefully this may help and others may have much better ideas Again love the changes coming as it really betters the overall experience for new and old players alike! Thanks so much to you and the team for the clear hard work and consideration put into each of these!!!
TabooTiger's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTabooTiger
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png

- Apply a small budget cost to Refreshing the Shelter. This will be relatively insignificant for veteran players with higher Passes, but for newer users this will make cycling the Shelter looking for free rare stuff more costly.
Will the shelter refresh for free as it currently does when you adopt an egg? Will you theoretically be able to adopt multiple eggs before fetching a new page or does this cost only apply to manual refreshing of the shelter? I'm a huge fan of the Arceus change, I look forward to a lot of these.
dragon.png 1124 dragon.png
April 2024 Trophy by Cherushii78
PAUSED: h.png= 1p.png 1 r.png 0 v.png Staff has avatar credit information
Vagevurig's AvatarVagevurig
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Agent3

[snip] I could be totally wrong, but doesn't the 50% chance of your chained egg kick in around 1k [snip]
It caps at 100 actually!! though i do agree with the refresh cost concern. I've been idly hunting Dhelmise lately and the only reason why that hunt is *idle* is because the eggs are basically impossible to find right now and i sometimes find myself refreshing the shelter for *half an hour* to find the eggs i released
Lucifer | 23 | Xe/Xir | ground.png0 Icon by Fivey | OC (Cupid) belongs to Me. Journal Feel free to check out my UFS pokemon in my first field~! "It's just a color, but it burns."
summon_mar.png 98 / 1000
Collectors Price: 100k
super happy with the vast majority of these changes! i noticed that you decided to include "donated by ..." for each pokemon/egg in the shelter which i think is great, especially for that one tournament challenge where you're supposed to hatch eggs from your daycare. in that vein, i'm wondering if it would also be possible to see if a hatched pokemon has been traded at any point prior to being donated to the shelter. my reasoning for this is people wanting to create breeding pairs, since it works best if you're not the OT. i wondertrade a lot but it's a struggle to not get the same few species all the time, and clicking through each pokemon in the shelter to see if you'd be the OT if you adopted it is pretty time consuming. navigating the trade forums for pokemon can also be time consuming and not fruitful. i'm not very well versed in coding, so i understand if this isn't possible or if it's a huge ask. as many of the others pointed out i don't think shelter refreshes should cost points; i get that the shelter shouldn't just be free dexes for new players, but i think it also has a lot of unintended impact on existing players as well. i'm wondering if the point cost for a new egg/pokemon being even higher than what you listed would mitigate this issue but not have the averse affects on people who are shiny hunting (or even just searching for randoms). i could be wrong, and again i don't know as much about coding so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt.
steel.png 1936 Icon from Undertale (Toby Fox)
Nezha's AvatarNezha
grandmaster.pngd+.png
mostly love these plans and wanted to share a few thoughts :^) phase 0: the login bonus change from 10 gp to 10 zc is extremely generous and unexpected and i'm very eager to see how that affects the game's economy. 10 zc seems like a tiny handful but will add up very fast, i think. phase 1: i use the lab a lot during type race typically and tend to stock up on lab reloaders, so any buffs to the lab are amazing to hear. if you're still workshopping the permanent upgrade for reload time idea, i think having two purchasable upgrades that reduce the time by a minute each (so 3 minutes is the minimum time to wait) might be good. phase 2: seems like a fair balance update to the shelter, though i do wonder how the refresh cost will be implemented in so far as just visiting the shelter page? should there be a buffer of some kind before you can actually access the shelter? there's misclicks, which don't happen often, but there's also the nickle and diming of getting a point shaved off every time you go to the shelter to refill on eggs only for the first visit to be pretty much worthless (at least with the current system) for hunters in particular because there's, at least in my experience, such a huge discrepancy between hatched pokemon and eggs when you're refreshing without a flute, which is the default state for just visiting the shelter page (and why i haven't bothered to buy a white flute, because 5 or 6 eggs getting in the way when you want hatched pokemon isn't a big deal). with a buffer in place to prevent players from viewing the shelter until they click either the reload button or one of the flute buttons, it would prevent what feels like a useless drainage of points from misclicks, accidentally visiting the shelter with a full party of eggs, going there for any number of reasons not related to immediate adoption (such as either buying upgrades or checking the prices on them or even just double checking what they do), and of course for s/a/m hunting, given regular non-black flute refreshes don't help very much at all with hunts. of course, simply removing the reload cost for if you come to the shelter from another page would be very easily and definitely abused for free reloads, and making the shelter stay exactly where you'd left it last reload every time seems untenable considering that information could quickly become outdated with auto hatches and other users adopting things. a buffer that just doesn't show you the shelter until you click to reload it might actually be easier to implement than all that phase 3: very excited for the daycare plans. the chance to get a second egg per cycle seems like an alternative option to using the red gigaremo where you actually have the option to pick a strategy now rather than burn away any percentage over 100% since it isn't doing anything currently. i don't have many comments about the rest, other than lamenting my lucky egg stash :'^) i'll just have to use them up before that particular update comes around. edit to clarify: i wasn't aware the shelter is already meant to show you your last reload every time, i thought from my experience that it would do so with a short memory and just start you on a new page if you didn't come back in a couple minutes
CSY's AvatarCSY
arceus.pngss.png
Lots of interesting ideas ^^ The biggest thing I'm uncertain about is the EXP share rebalancing I'm from Asia, and when I'm active in the afternoon, there's often only 200-300 ish players online many of which are not actively hatching I try my best (sometimes) to party click until I literally have interacted at least once with everyone online (where open 10 doesn't give me anymore ppl HAHA and defaults back to my profile). I also use the online function, but I often find myself going through pages upon pages of parties I've already clicked I think the biggest potential issue I see with this change is that there might just /not/ be enough new parties to click, especially during non peak hours on the site, to meaningfully hatch eggs without other methods (such as EXP share) I don't necessarily have a solution for how to increase the incentive for party interactions, of which I agree should be incentivized (given the nature of the site), but I think if mass clicking was nerfed, it may really affect people that play during non peak hours as there would literally be a hard cap to exp someone can realistically gain themselves if not as many people are active at the same time I would not mind a buff to party clicks without affecting other current mass click systems, as it would help others and if meaningful enough of a buff, provide more incentive to party click over mass clicking In the same vein, it MAY also help to implement a feature, if possible, where you can open lists of parties that you have not clicked yet (after you have clicked everyone online....), as rn the only method I know of is users online > open all, which often shows up with parties I've already interacted with Hope this made sense! Please let me know if I can clarify anything.
v-rock.png Current Type Race score = 0 v-rock.png Buying: summon_kyu.png
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
summon_dce.png
15 zc/75 GP/75k Cr
summon_tor.pngsummon_cub.pngsummon_gro.pngsummon_hoo.png SBG: CSY | Art: Lumineu | Code assistance: Zico | Avatar: Silver Raven

Pages: 12345··· 333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page