PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 plans, updates and discussion

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 32333435

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
If you do change EXP Share and Lucky Eggs to not work on field clicks, then having a bigger "online users party clicklist" would be very helpful. It would be mostly used by users who have "run out of" online parties, who have already party-clicked every online user that they can, so it would not affect those online users getting more or less party clicks after that. Clicking online users would likely still be the biggest way to get clickbacks. The EXP Share will still be useful in the case that you've clicked all the online users you can and you want to make more progress while you're waiting for clickbacks. However, most players in this thread would rather you not remove that function of EXP Share at all. If you want to encourage party-clicking, then make the EXP Share more powerful when party clicking, but still give us the field-clicking option as well, so users can still make progress when less people are online to click back. Also, if the concern is "newbies hatch less eggs than experienced players" - yeah, they do. A newbie with no wishforge badges, who doesn't use party stacking or field stacking CSS, who maybe plays for ten minutes every day, will hatch less eggs than an experienced player with wishalloy, stacking scripts and more time spent on the site. This is normal gameplay.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

While there was a previous poll/suggestion thread regarding Shedinja and DP, the poll results are not indicative of the conclusion reached in the last couple pages of the suggestion thread's discussion: namely, that no changes would be made to Shedinja's DP at that time (June 2023), because the issues regarding Shedinja's DP value were indicative of a needed overhaul of the DP system as a whole. This is, in fact, that proposal for a larger DP overhaul - including removing Shedinja as a DP farm.
Okay, as someone who was rather ambivalent on the Shedinja thing, both six months ago and now, the way you put this feels slightly disingenuous, even if it wasn't intended to be so. Yes, people were admitting that Shedinja's delta thing was emblematic of a larger problem with Delta Pointing, but the consensus that 'the system needs changing, Shedinja doesn't necessarily' remained largely untouched, from what the thread itself shows us.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Also in regards to Bulb users, unless I misread the blurb in the Albino radar section, doesn't clicking them HELP the user clicking?? So of course we want to click their stuff.

Interaction Points - as the name suggests - are earned by making interactions. ...and interacting with a New Farmer gives you a 50% bonus.
I ALWAYS massclick any Bulb user I come across. So I don't think anyone is actually "incentivised to ignore them"? Where is that assumption coming from? It does take Bulb users longer to hatch eggs/evolve pokemon, but it's not because other users are specifically ignoring them. They just have less of the stacked up bonuses to gain EXP that veteran users have collected over the years.
✩ [ Me
Lex | They/Them pronouns
]
Hunt Chain! 26
✩ [ avatar
Alastor; Hazbin Hotel ep1
]
TR Score: 2820
stand up be strong know right from wrong forever hence
-♫- believe yourself
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Gallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

While there was a previous poll/suggestion thread regarding Shedinja and DP, the poll results are not indicative of the conclusion reached in the last couple pages of the suggestion thread's discussion: namely, that no changes would be made to Shedinja's DP at that time (June 2023), because the issues regarding Shedinja's DP value were indicative of a needed overhaul of the DP system as a whole. This is, in fact, that proposal for a larger DP overhaul - including removing Shedinja as a DP farm.
Okay, as someone who was rather ambivalent on the Shedinja thing, both six months ago and now, the way you put this feels slightly disingenuous, even if it wasn't intended to be so. Yes, people were admitting that Shedinja's delta thing was emblematic of a larger problem with Delta Pointing, but the consensus that 'the system needs changing, Shedinja doesn't necessarily' remained largely untouched, from what the thread itself shows us.
If you want to judge a poll majority of 383 people (59% of 583) as "not indicative" of a conclusion, then I don't think that will help the concerns brought up from users and players feeling like their feedback and input is being ignored. But I do appreciate (at least I do, I speak for myself alone) that, at the very least, this update is being made with an additional boost to delta values.
Pear's AvatarPear
Why not leave the exp share how it is, but provide a better boost for clicking newbies? That would incentivise people to click newbies but still not defeat the purpose of clicking anyone elses fields just because they happen to have been on the site for longer.
A lot of these changes sound amazing! Honestly I am excited to see how it plays out! Especially excited for the lab and daycare updates. My only issue is that some people dont exactly have others that they can get referrals from due to lack of interest in the game, meaning the delta system might be almost undoable if it moves to referal only. Maybe it wont be as bad as it sounds, but maybe its worth considering?

Image Credits

My icon is a screenshot taken from the Tangled TV Series. All rights belong to disney.
art by Amieg!!
art by EmyChan!!
jumping back in to say i think what should've been done in lieu of going off a discussion that doesn't represent the entire playerbase (a lot of players don't like forums, especially discussion ones, i've noticed-- i've gotten many dms regarding people saying they share the same opinion as me but don't like being in discussion or debate threads)-- was to poll a second time about shedinja at the beginning of the month and open up a new discussion for the purpose of planning an overhaul for the new year. a lot of us aren't happy about the change, especially considering with the ideas proposed, we can no longer dp other people's specials given to us. i do agree with the idea to set a time limit on being able to dp something. like a timer that prevents freshly traded pokemon from being dped in order to prevent people from dping dex trades. edit since i remembered something lol: niet has said that he "doesn't want to punish players for his mistakes" in the black flute thread, but this feels like exactly what's happening. in the original thread from mid-2023 (happy new year everyone), the conclusion was that it was an "unintended loophole" for shedinja AND ninjask (nincada's evolutions) to be able to be used as dp, however, it was also concluded that getting eggs from the daycare in the shelter was an unintended loophole. instead of "punishing" the playerbase, niet said he wanted to improve upon it to make it easier for nature hunters to find their own eggs in the shelter. but... with shedinja and ninjask, we are only getting it taken away. i do mean this with all the respect in the world, but i would like to hear it explained from niet or elta or another staff rather than just generally addressed on an faq that i will more than likely forget to peek at (not a you guys (staff) problem, this is an adhd brain Skill Issue™ on my part.) tldr and closing thought: why is the playerbase being punished for a "unintended loophole" in this instance but not in another, after niet has said he doesn't want to punish us for mistakes on his part?

Mochi ✪ 21 ✪ they/he/kit

Your local catboy hoarding quirky, bashful, and docile mons!
500/500
Odds and Ends - Orthrus' - My Guide

Type Race and Hunts!

Score: 592
Made by LycanKai
Current Hunt: Orthworm! Most Recent Melan: Nincada!
Coded by Me! Credits
Been kinda watching this go back and forth, and what I'm going to ask personally is more transparency when it comes to the dp overhaul. Besides removing shedinja... what is going to be done to try and fix the system itself? If the system is the issue, and not the pokemon, what can be done? I know that's where I stand personally, and I'm sure others are more nervous about the lack of knowledge being shared. I love the boost to the shiny and albinos, but feel the drop for the melans is a little... punishing? I can get around 800dp from a full field of specials, not including melans... that is not a lot. It's very grind heavy as it is.. The discovery of Shedinja being turned in was a game changer for players. Taking that away will not fix the issue though. It will just cause players to feel more frustrated. So I'd just like to know what the plan going forward is, if possible. As personally it would make me and probably others feel more at ease if we had as much transparency as possible.
BedfastStun's AvatarBedfastStun
This definitely isn't the most insightful comment ever but I would like to say that as someone who almost exclusively party clicks (99.9% of the time), I would love to see the 'recently online users' appearing after the 'currently online users' has been clicked through feature that you (Niet) mentioned in a post a little while ago as I feel it would really help get EXP for my eggs and pokemon. I do still stand strongly by the fact that I don't believe that there should be a field clicking/mass clicking EXP nerf, however.

Silly Little Yellow Bird Hunt

× 17 / 500
Avatar is from an old UK Road Safety AD called "King of the Road"
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As explained yesterday, I will be closing this thread for now. I believe Eltafez will update the FAQ when possible, which is basically when all of the posts have been caught up with! I know there's a lot of discussion and opinions on the Experience part of the plans, but that's Phase 6 and was in early stages anyway, so we have plenty of time to figure stuff out between us! For now, please enjoy Phase 0, and I'll be back by the end of the week with some newly updated plans.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 32333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page