PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Feedback on Type Race Rules!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

Wrathion's AvatarWrathion
grandmaster.pngc+.png
All of these things are still relevant to the type race... I feel like a team should be allowed to share their successes and offer to sell/giveaway specials and you know... act like a team. It seems a really small thing to me, I certainly like seeing others get excited about their special type race hatches. I like seeing users with lots of specials offer to give their hatches to users who might be really new. I like the sense of community within a TR team during the week they happen, and that people seem genuinely excited to start working on their TR goal with people. The rules aren't useful, in fact they're the opposite, they hinder peoples interest in TR and make it harder to work as a team and get excited about this event every month.
mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png
i apologise if i come off as rude but these rules in my opinion are a bit dumb. the game is literally called an interaction game and these rules are defeating the purpose. if by interacting you only meant clicking eggs and mons then just call this a clicking game.
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
summon_tle.png × 1 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy
booster.pngarceus.pngb+.png
I'm with everyone else on these rule changes, I get why they were implemented as a way to clean up the forums, but also I find that they are silly since all these things still have to do with the type race topic at hand. I know I'm still new but I have found a lot of the rules on the site to be pretty restrictive, but these take the cake on stopping the community as a whole from interacting more with each other. I get why people like privacy as a whole, and if that's the case they can continue to stay annoynymous by not commenting in the threads that they don't want too. In general I found the last two type races I was in to be underwhelming and almost like I was working very hard to continue to not have my team higher up on the board. If anything I think we should be advertising wayyy more or offering more incentive for peeps to participate in these races (offering prizes, raffles, advertising helps). Overall there has been low participation in each of the type race I was apart of.
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
I realize I'm just parroting what everyone else has said so far, but yes, please make those changes to the rules! I had been gone from this site for like three years or more, and the very first type race I joined in August was exciting because we had people celebrating shinies, albinos, and melans, and I actually felt a desire to try harder and do more to help the team, and even try to find others who were on our team but weren't part of our click-list, and when we all got a warning a week later, it felt like a punch to the gut. I know this is the internet, so there needs to be SOME rules... But that felt very antithesis to the idea that you can play Pokemon however you want, so long as you aren't hurting others in the process. tl;dr, please make the changes to the rules. If we get annoyed, we can always silence the thread.
Avatar commissioned from Amura-of-Jupiter for my Discord Server and personal use. Please check her out!
DragonDance's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDragonDance
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I agree that these rules have pretty much sucked all the fun out of the type races. It's hard finding the motivation to even participate at all anymore.
summon_zer.png × 47 / 500
Rhylexa's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRhylexa
booster.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngss.png
I'd like to chime in to hopefully help with some insight. ^^ I'm hoping for all 3 changes. Contests- Being someone who hosted discussion and raffle in the same month and being someone who hosted discussion while someone else hosted the raffle in the same month.. it's easy to remind myself to remind others of the raffle. When I didn't host the raffle.. there's the concern of possibly forgetting to remind people after the initial "the raffle is good to go" post I can be very forgetful at times :x or even not knowing the best time to make reminders. So having the person who is hosting it makes sense! Giveaways- I kind of see giveaways as a nice incentive for people to work harder. (It's like when a company you work for gives you extra money for working overtime. >_>) That act of kindness can be contagious so others could want to try harder so they can give to others as well, whether it's in the same month or encouraging that person to bring that act into the next month as something to look forward to. So this isn't a big necessity, but like others have said, it really is a nice general sense of community feeling. Congrats- Just realized I hosted a whole year later xD So.. I have only hosted the discussion twice ever. Sep/2020 & Sep/2021 Personally, when I'm not hosting I just post my introduction post then kind of ignore it and only go in the thread to get the click list, see if there's a contest, and upvote the specials (since I don't speak much). ^^" Though when I host, I look at every single post. As the host, when I first hosted, I thought I remember people saying congrats to each other but I could be wrong. Just this last month, it seemed like the thread wasn't very lively and pretty sad. The lack of congrats (and talking in general) felt very awkward that I almost didn't even want to post the melan I hatched near the end of the race. I don't really care for getting a congrats, it is really nice to hear but not necessary for me so I only show off melans... And then there's people like my bf who finds motivation in little praises like that so verbal praises do help some people strive to do more. I hope this all made sense. ^^"
Shop- shinies/albinos, gem/summon swaps, Melan dexing, and buying some things for ZC! Journal---Random Info, Living dex (In progress), & shinies/albinos I need TFSDTS--- I dex shinies/albinos for free!
credit
Background from Temple of the Sea F2U code by Gumshoe
FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech
grandmaster.pngd.png
Coming back in to add a little more now that i can phrase myself better, but on raffles, I've participated in a lot of races where our thread hosts were practically never online (one month the clicklist didn't even get made until like, the day before the race began and mascots were never added at all. Not to say it was for a bad reason, everyone has stuff come up sometimes) and i have to wonder just how common a non-present host is? With many hosts like that, i think it should absolutely be allowed for raffle hosts to advertise and not have to leave it to chance that the thread host says something or participants happen to check the contest area. This isn't to berate thread hosts btw, ik its a lot of effort to keep morale up and also things happen and the game takes a backseat, that's totally normal and okay, i just think raffle hosts should be allowed to advertise especially in the event of an absent or forgetful thread host.
Please check out my shop!
GLJordan's AvatarGLJordan
master.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

To clarify what we mean by "congrats" posts - this is a post only saying "Congrats" or the equivalent and nothing else. Even under the current rules, having anything else relevant to the type race in your post would prevent it from being considered spam or being deleted. Examples: Adding your current type race score, mentioning how you're trying to hatch a Shiny or Albino of your own, asking if the hatcher is going to keep on with that hunt to hatch more, etc.
the irony to me here, is to keep a simple congratulations post form being "spam" you have to add something spammy to it. my total being in my signature. what i am hopping to hatch being irrelvant to congratulating the lucky one.
v-ground.png 0
Mikkü's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikkü
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by FloydLeech

-snip-
Actually to add on to this, I've went through all my typerace types and am making my 2nd go around, so far I've had about 4 host who were just not present/not very active/whatever. Not to say we always had a raffle anyways, but it does certainly make things difficult. Plus remaking the typerace thread due to an AFK/Busy host is so difficult most team members don't find it and some just come in post their introduction & leave so they don't even know it's happening (This is also a valid way of participating because you're on the click list, hatching eggs for your team - just not talking in the thread) _____ After thinking about this a bit, I want to chime in with a bit more of a thought that I had recently. If congrats is considered spam, why is sharing your specials allowed? What does that do for the typerace it's just showing off specials you hatched. Does it motivate other team members? Is it just because it's "relevant" due to it being a pokemon of the same type as your race? Some people do it to every single special they hatch, don't even say anything with it just post their specials. If showing specials is allowed you should be allowed to just congratulate them, I'm not sure why I would have to type a story just to be able to say congrats to someone. Upvotes are appreciate of course but it is extremely demotivating to worry about what you post in those threads in the fear of it being deleted for spam/reported in some way. PSA - This isn't me saying "well you should disallow showing specials too" it's just saying the rules are very all over the place.
------------------- pechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.png -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
grandmaster.pngc.png
(I'm chiming in again, boop.) I've both hosted raffles and team threads, so I'm going to piggyback off of what some other have recently added. I personally never minded at all if the raffle host wanted to post a reminder every now and again. It was never done in excess, and honestly helped me out a lot, as time zones, ya know? Not to mention, yeah. People don't always look at the initial thread post/page to look for little updates like that sometimes. It can slip under the rug so to speak, so I only ever found the raffle host announcing their raffle helpful. Plus like? They do the raffles to be kind. The host gains nothing really, as they aren't allowed to participate in the raffle anyways??? I never had a host ever hold me as knife point either to donate or whatever either, just very kind and casual users really. So like... I find them adding reminders in the thread super helpful overall. Not to mention yes. Not every thread maker/host is super active. Heck, I've been there before myself, and loathed it. I was that host once due to matters that came up and were pretty much 100% out of my control. The team was super nice with it, but I would not of been able to manage that thread without the help of "their spam". The reminders, the encouragement and more. It really helped me out in a very sad point in my life at the moment. People are humans, we got feelings. A thumbs up just does not equate to genuine speech sometimes. This is a community I'd like to think is based upon interaction and forming bonds in some cases. That aspect just fades when people feel silenced. So, this will likely be my last two cents on this, as everyone hit the nails on the head. The push to change the rules here is VERY overwhelming. I think that alone shows we as a community want to be just that again. A community.
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page