PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Feedback on Type Race Rules!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

SpaceX's AvatarSpaceX
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I do not understand at all why congrats are spam. It makes absolutely NO sense. And it really feels like we're being told we shouldn't be happy, express our feelings or be excited for someone else. And I know that's not the intention at all but it still feels like we're being policed on our emotions in a way. Also, why does advertising your giveaway even matter for Type Race? The person advertising isn't getting anything by hosting a giveaway since they can't recieve prizes for hosting. How is letting people who might not know about type race raffles (including new players!!!) or people who might have just forgotten to join it??? Bad???? (But then we also have to make sure raffles are being accepted and not sitting in applications for 2 weeks + after the Type Race has ended)
Score for Type Race! 0 4.pngz.png5.png Current chain: 1 Shinies: 0
Armarouge's Avatarhypermode-12.pngArmarouge
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
Sorry for long post, this is something that kinda means something to me. When I returned from hiatus and I found you can't congratulate, advertise type race raffle so more members can join in if they forgot or special giveaway when there's no raffle set up, it was pretty disheartening. It makes it feel like we have to be "professional strangers" and it really does make the team spirit not feel as existent. All these things considered spam seems just a little antisocial to me and it would be lovely if we didn't have to hide social behaviours relating to type race, since I feel like all three of those are relevant to type races. ;v; As it is now, it feels as if I can only post in type race my hauls/score or the one "Hello, I'm hunting this!" at the beginning, not discuss with others about what they've done. If these things bother someone, they do have the option to silence notifications of a thread and they can just manually check when they want, so why not do that instead of just making it feel kinda serious, antisocial and no fun/spirit allowed for literally everyone? ;v; This was genuinely a thing that really did bother me since type race to me is the only time I feel confident enough to openly talk to people, but if all these are against rules, it just feels like I have to revert back to just being a lurker and yeah. It's depressing. x'D
  • Babies
  • Shop/ETC
Big Pearl

Big Pearl

Treasure

(item.png: 0)

A lovely large pearl that would sell at a high price.

Sells for 3,750

Lv. 100 — +15,190,675
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Sun Jewel

Sun Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A little jewel that flickers with a warm glow.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +8,023,605
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireGhost
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
Gold Leaf

Gold Leaf

Treasure

A strange, gold-coloured leaf.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +12,575,042
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassPsychic
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
I am a PFQ Starter Collector! Icon by myself.
Joint Shop (Summons/6IVs) Most Wanted Summon summon_yve.png
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
master.pngd.png
I am 100% for all 3 of these changes. Even knowing the rules, I didnt realize that Congradulating my team on something cool they hatched Because of the Type Race we are all hatching for was Against The Rules and considered Spam. Giving a post a 'thumbs up' that most people wont even notice has no where near the same impact or hype that people actually commenting do. I also think its wrong to force the raffle host to hope the TR host will 'advertise' the Raffle for them. Im sure most, if not all Hosts will/would do it, but still. its supposed to be something fun for the group, and the host of the Raffle gains nothing out of it anyway. so big deal. As someone whos had to do it, going through all the work to set up the raffle, stressing to see if it gets accepted. Finally excited that its good to go. Then just kinda sitting there waiting again, after the raffle is Already late "Hey, uh, can you post this to the TR thread please?". Its much better if Raffle hosts can just do this themselves. Totally fine with 'only once in a while' as well. 3rd ruling. Again, I think its wrong to potentially punnish folks for their good will in wanting to just give away specials without the hassle and prep of dealing with a raffle and whatnot. Raffles are ALOT of work. Especially if they never get accepted. Edit:: and all of this, on a website game ment to be about Interactions/interacting with others? taking away interactions and considering half of it to be spam is a bit odd to me.
Type Race Points:bug.png0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! summon_art.png9,summon_zap.png33,summon_mol.png16,summon_hoo.png16,summon_yve.png10,summon_gar.png11,summon_gza.png12,summon_gmo.png12 Clan Banner! Type Race bug.png, Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race bug.png, June 2022, score of: 5060
Sharpy's AvatarSharpy
grandmaster.pngc+.png
All three of the rules have been pretty dumb in my opinion lol. :p It's taking away pretty much all conversation regarding the type race, and like others said, it's like being professional strangers. I understand needing to police the threads for off-topic or spam content, but most of us are just people that wanna engage and have a good time. ^^ Free speech and all that jazz lol.

psychic.png 0 psychic.png 💖
PFP by pinkskittypow!

FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech
grandmaster.pngd.png
I really don't understand why any of this is against the rules anyway, it feels like the TR is becoming totally antisocial and that's a shame. I want to share my achievements during the race and congratulate people verbally on their achievements, and to talk like we're actually teammates instead of just strangers being forced to work together. It feels like without that ability to chat happily the entire reason to do a TR and work with your teammates is totally dead. Why work with people when all yall can do is act stiff and no nonsense?
Please check out my shop!
flybynyx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngflybynyx
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc.png
This past TR thread was so deathly quiet, it actually made me consider NOT signing up for a team thread at all. Why bother? No chatter, no excitement, no getting to know other players a bit. Kinda boring, like the life of the thing got sucked out somehow. Except for the beginning of the race, it felt as though I was just playing solo, which is sad especially when I think about how the host took the time, effort and trouble setting it up.
On Aug 3 2018 11:27 AM CDT per TeeTurtle.com Permission granted to use avatar image ●○ 𓆛 Go Fish! ○●
Foreststorm's AvatarForeststorm
master.pngc.png
I really like the idea of 3 being changed! I agree that any discussion should be done via PM but that first post in the type race thread is supper useful. I don't know about the PC setup but on mobil you can't read the "trainer card" or "about me" without scrolling down so far you can't click on the eggs. It just takes too much time and is something I almost never look at.
Image from the pokefarm q advent calendar 2021
Lawless's AvatarLawless
grandmaster.pngc+.png
I don't really participate but why are we trying to make this site so boring? Like, congratulating someone is considered spam? Why? They're a team and if people don't want to see notifications for it there is a mute option or just not subscribing, same with the giveaways. The only things that should be considered spam is, well, spam. Useless stuff that has nothing to do with the post. I feel like this site is trying to get more and more of don't interact with anyone unless it's strictly for buisness which is kinda sad? idk I just think people should be able to congratulate others and have fun, let people have discussions about things. The forum rules here are so strict and it feels intimidating to make posts and is probably making people think why even bother posting.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,911,203
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
summon_tko.png x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
summon_gar.png x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
Blue-Dragon08's AvatarBlue-Dragon08
grandmaster.pngss.png
I'm not understanding any of this at all.
I've been participating in type races since they started in August 2017, and I only found out last month (August) that "congrats" posts aren't allowed and are considered spam. Why was this not clear for 3+ years? And why did I not find out until I hosted my team's thread? Congrats posts should absolutely be allowed, they're both appreciation and encouragement. I've seen a lost of users hatch their very first special during Type Race, which is totally worthy of congrats from team members. I hosted a raffle one month and found it really weird that I couldn't post about it in the team thread, but had to rely on the team discussion host. Raffle host should definitely be allowed to post about the raffle, even if limited to 24/36/48 hours between posts about it. It's really refreshing to see that my feelings about the TR are pretty well shared by everyone else that's posted so far. I'm glad I'm not alone
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page