PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Feedback on Type Race Rules!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

stingrays's Avatarstingrays
master.pnge.png
i really appreciate the fact that you're taking the time to ask users how they feel about the type race rules! in july, i was on team bug, and the rules weren't really enforced in our thread. we had lots of people posting specials they hatched during type race that they were giving away for free to team members, showing off their accomplishments, congratulating others... but we also had people offering shelter passes and breeding pairs and other classic "on-topic" things. in my opinion, the type race threads are less like strict strategic planning places and more like a giant team group chat. we offer each other help so we can all do better, but we also have fun and celebrate our success! that month was probably the most fun type race i've had. it seemed the next month i got called out for rule-breaking more, and the thread was quieter. it was honestly sad to see fewer people talking, and i didn't feel as excited as i did when everyone was talking in july. i honestly felt really disappointed when a mod had told me what i put in the thread was "spam", because it was making me so happy to talk about, and it felt unfair that it wasn't allowed. in my opinion, the current rules on type race spam are excessive. i understand wanting to keep it on-topic, but it seems to me like congratulating, advertising raffles, and offering special giveaways are on-topic because they relate to type race and your teammates. it's not like we're talking about our favorite tv shows or something; the things we're posting actually do relate to the type race in some way. and without a group PM setting, restricting the type race threads to simply Strategies just makes things feel a lot less personal. i feel a lot more motivation and excitement when i can actually talk to my teammates and have friendship with them. ...don't we all? i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who felt like the rules were too strict in this regard. and again, i really appreciate that you're looking to the users for feedback! :-)
need a shelter hunt? click the quagsire to go to my shop!8.png e.pngclick the porygon for my pfp credit!
Methos's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMethos
supermod75.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
To clarify what we mean by "congrats" posts - this is a post only saying "Congrats" or the equivalent and nothing else. Even under the current rules, having anything else relevant to the type race in your post would prevent it from being considered spam or being deleted. Examples: Adding your current type race score, mentioning how you're trying to hatch a Shiny or Albino of your own, asking if the hatcher is going to keep on with that hunt to hatch more, etc.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Amberwater's AvatarAmberwater
elite.pnge.png
I think all three should be changed. I know that staying on track of what we are trying to accomplish in the TR is important, but the rules are a bit unnecessary. I don't exactly think that congrats posts or other things, like giveaways should be considered spam. It's pretty generous of the person to give out specials for free, after all the time and effort they put into hatching them. Do we really want a site where people are not allowed to be kind? TR is about camaraderie and interacting and making friends. Where did that go? Now I don't really join in discussions anymore because I'm afraid I'm going to break a rule or something. Same thing with special congratulations. Who even notices the thumbs-ups? If you're goig to tell people that they can't congratulate others in a comment, at least give the person who hatched the specials get a notif when someone likes their post. And I've seen a lot of people who hatched their first special during TR. Can we at least allow it for melans or people who hatched their first special? And yes, I am aware that the rules meant only 'congrats' posts The raffle advertising should be ok, too. Raffle hosts shouldn't have to depend on the TR host to post the raffle for them. So basically, I agree with pretty much everyone who has posted. Also, sorry for the long post
https://dragcave.net/user/Amberwater Please click my dragons! Thank you!
SaltyUwU's AvatarSaltyUwU
master.pngd+.png
I've been here over a year and I didn't even know that the contest one was a rule? I thought the contest host and type race thread owner both had the ability to say it, not just the thread owner. I've had it three or more times where the contest host said the raffle was up, and almost every time there was a raffle, the contest host was the one who mentioned they were going to host it.
:P Profile done by RomVHS at her wonderful Roulette Art Shop! summon_yve.pngBuying/Swapping for Death Wings! summon_yve.png U w U
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
grandmaster.pngc.png
Honestly, to be blunt? Those newer rules have made type races very stale for me. I apologize if this comes off as harsh, but I find it exceedingly odd that team member congratulations is spam, even the simpler messages. I'm sorry, but I truly fail to see how someone being genuinely encouraging to you is spam. It isnt, you cannot convince me otherwise. Literally all I could see it being considered as "spam" is if you literally had like... 5 plus pages in a single row of one word congrats. I rarely ever see anyone against a congrat. I rarely ever see anyone "yelling" in sheer joy as spam or offensive just cuz they got a melan during the race. Sorry for being excited??? These rules, while they likely had "the right idea" really just kill the mood more than not. So many people just go silent anymore due to fear a mod will crack them for a simple "spam" of any kind. So yes, absolutely, I beg we have more healthy interaction and fun communication among members again. Not to mention, I've seen literally multiple race threads anymore get some sort of warning over a week past the last race (August in particular) ended for "spamming" or something. It's gotten ridiculous to say the least.
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
master.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

To clarify what we mean by "congrats" posts - this is a post only saying "Congrats" or the equivalent and nothing else. Even under the current rules, having anything else relevant to the type race in your post would prevent it from being considered spam or being deleted. Examples: Adding your current type race score, mentioning how you're trying to hatch a Shiny or Albino of your own, asking if the hatcher is going to keep on with that hunt to hatch more, etc.
i do thank you for clerifying, but i think the majority of us 100% understand. more clerification is always good, because it seems like we cant even talk anywhere anymore. Either way, you may consider it 'spam', but i dont find 1 or 2, or more, posts congradulating someone on a special that was hatched During a Type Race Specifically for Hatching Pokemon. During that time, we are all just spam hatching Pokes, and a Few posts to Congradulate someone, even if they are 1 or 2 words, can increase moral for for the team. Let alone what they could do for the person who may have hatched the Special in the first place. Its Supposed to be a Team event, and i keep seeing people getting warnings when they are excited or happy and IMMEDIATELY all happiness is gone. all because they, for example, happened to get a melan and excitedly type their sentence in all caps, get a warning. how is that a big deal? can we let people be excited? i honestly dont see what the big deal is. this is supposed to be a website game about interacting with others and having fun.
Type Race Points:bug.png0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! summon_art.png9,summon_zap.png33,summon_mol.png16,summon_hoo.png16,summon_yve.png10,summon_gar.png11,summon_gza.png12,summon_gmo.png12 Clan Banner! Type Race bug.png, Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race bug.png, June 2022, score of: 5060
i've kinda got to agree withugh many here. seeing that congrats is basically canned because it's considered spam makes the type races feel.... disconnected in a sense. It doesn't allow people to come together as a community and for people to get excited as a team when they share a well earned special of some kind and the team celebrates in a sense. Not to mention the warnings for "trade talk". I've seen many people hatch melans during type races and offer free dexes if they ask because they want to be a team player and help those in the community get that dex too to share in the team bonding and excitement. And now are basically being told that they cant be a community in a sense because they can't offer something nice to the rest of their team? Or even discourages teammember from even asking or offering it themselves because they think they'll get in trouble for trying to be part of a community in a sense. I can understand how letting everyone remind about raffles/contests can seem spammy too. But sometimes, there will be a team that doesn't have a very active team leader/host. So maybe instead of restricting it to only the host, maybe restrict it to every five pages a reminder can be posted or something along those lines. For those teams that don't have a very active leader/host. So to be quite honest and blunt myself. A lot if the new and sudden rules seem highly unnecessary and the rule enforcement in on itself seems excessive and almost dictator like in my opinion. Because it almost seems like anytime anyone is trying to have some fun or be a community in a sense by participating in something. It gets shunned and slammed with the warning hammer for supposedly breaking a rule that wasn't that strict or wasn't even involved to begin with.
avatar from Christmas 2022 advent calendar

Dream pokes

m.pngr.pngz.pngn.pngt.png6.pngf.png6.pngj.pngj.pngu.png m.pngf.pngx.png5.pngz.pngf.pngo.pngn.png7.pngv.png8.pngb.png

Current Hunt

Sprigatito 0S / 0A / 0M
KleinFye's AvatarKleinFye
arceus.pngc+.png
first, thank you for asking our opinion finally =D i have to agree with a lot of people. the current forum rules feel like we're not allowed to interact with eachother in a game based on interactions x/ already thought about leaving the site because of too many rules that prevent us from interacting with eachother or searching for another way to not interact with eachother and playing this game alone and all by myself >.> but i doubt that this is the goal beside, it get's really boring when we're not even allowed to interact as normal people and everything get's a warning. we're a social "race" after all and when we have a forum, we should be able to use it without being scared to get a warning because of a wrong word x( If people don't like what's posted in the thread, they can still mute or unsubscribe =D and worst case, we even have a block function as userscript! _____________ honestly, it's helping camaraderie if people post their specials and get congratulations. it pushes the moral of everyone, especially the person that hatched it and it gives team spirit. Same with the specials, that people offer to dex or give away x3 it always helps the team spirit, cause not everybody gets a special during type race and some people are really glad to get at least a gifted one during that time. i think with the raffle is a great idea too, that not just the post host is allowed to post it. the main problem i see is that raffles have sooo many rules, that people are intimidated by it and stopped hosting them and it's much easier to simply make a give away of type race specials. i just had a type race raffle once since i joined pfq in the summer last year. so i honestly can't really say anything about that part. all in all, there are many sites with less forum rules, and they still have a huge community =)
Parafox's AvatarParafox
grandmaster.pngc.png
Type Race used to be my favorite event here on PFQ since the very first one, but for me the current rules completely killed its spirit. So eventually I lost all interest and stopped participating at all. I'm happy to see how many others share my thoughts and feelings on this topic. Honestly, why can't we just allow a bunch of threads, that will last for little more than a week, to get a bit "spamy" when that causes people enjoy an event - and the game in general - so much more? Wouldn't it be enough maybe to only step in, when a team thread really gets out of hand? Maybe? ^^° I'm happy that you are asking for our opinions on these rules. Thank you so much!
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
Saa's AvatarSaa
grandmaster.pngb.png
I completely disagree with the claim that hosting giveaways of the specials hatched during the race doesn't contribute to the Type Race. It helps create hype which makes me want to hatch more specials of my own to give away as well, which encourages me to hatch more eggs overall and get a better score.
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(item.png: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +6,353,559
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
Clear Gummi

Clear Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ice-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,421,149
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Serious nature
Pink Gummi

Pink Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Poison-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +2,067,083
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Lonely nature
Black Gummi

Black Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Dark-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +2,851,829
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
Blue Gummi

Blue Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Water-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,748,207
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Purple Gummi

Purple Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ghost-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 2 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Poison
Happiness 27%
Hardy nature
Orange Gummi

Orange Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Fighting-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Brown Gummi

Brown Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ground-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ground
Happiness 27%
Gentle nature
Wonder Gummi

Wonder Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Fairy-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,093,004
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Quiet nature
Art Shop | Pokémon/Dexing Shop

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page