PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Feedback on Type Race Rules!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
First of all I'd like to thank the mods and say that I really appreciate that the community is being consulted on this matter. I read this thread earlier but didn't post because I didn't want to just repeat what everyone else is saying, so I'll try to say stuff that (I think) hasn't been said yet. Honestly my main opinion on this matter is that the rules of what constitutes acceptable content in a TR thread (not just the three that are up for polling) should be broadened for two reasons: 1. Unlike the Trade/Trade Shops forum or even maybe the Suggestions forum, there is no "bump competition" aspect to TR threads at all. I think more than 90% of people would just make a beeline for their own team thread and never look at the others. (I sure don't.) As a result, it's completely inconsequential (in terms of "thread ordering") how often the TR thread is posted in. So why not just let us freely post away? (maybe not double posting, but you get the idea) 2. Type Race threads are deleted after one month. Whatever happens in there, all the evidence will completely disappear (at least to the public) once that time is up. It's like one of those group chats that you make for a school project that everyone either leaves or it sinks to the bottom of your list once the project is over. The specifics of the posts disappear into the wind, but the camaraderie that was forged during that 1-2 weeks lives on. Why is content that everyone knows is going to vanish soon scrutinized so thoroughly? As many people have pointed out, there's always the option to silence or not subscribe to the thread if you don't want to read it. I always sub on the first day and leave it on because I want to see what others are saying, and only once have I seen something which I thought "this is spammy" in a TR thread (which, ironically, did not break the current rules). Now I apologise in advance if this next part is a bit off topic, but it's something I'd like to get off my chest. During the August TR some of us in Ghost team had our posts removed because we were asking each other "does anyone have ideas on what I should name this shiny/albino" (Ghost-type Pokemon, btw) and giving suggestions. Now, I don't know about you, but this is exactly the kind of interaction I would like to engage in in a forum thread dedicated to an event which is literally tied to a Pokemon type. If I'm in Ghost team, I expect to be able to enjoy and discuss all aspects of Ghost Pokemon in the TR thread, and I want to see other members of my team do the same, just for a month (or effectively 1-2 weeks), before we part ways and move on to another type, when I will join a new thread and tell everyone what my favourite Normal Pokemon are, why Dark is such a cool type, and so on and so forth!
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
Quirky Rabbit i think said it really well. my first TR thread i joined was chaotic, crazy, we were all Hyped. everyone was Sharing Pairs, Passes, Specials and Congratz. we went over like 1900 posts in the thread! xD i still have the thread subbed, even tho its Deleted, it held such great memories. that wasnt even a year ago, its getting close, but not quite. December 2020~ (Bug To Strong! :D) these past couple TR have been... bland... low interaction... my Last Raffle i held, while people participated, i was expecting way more people! that could have just been my thinking, but i still think these new rulings threw people off. one of my Great friends was chased off the site because they felt like they were getting constantly picked on by these Nitpicky rules. and i know others of my friends were debating, including myself to at least stop TR, which sucks because i loved them in the past. i LOVE the interaction and comradery that can come with TR im STILL friends with ppl from that Bug TR! we talk constantly! :D this next bit may be a bit off topic, but... we have no where to really gather and talk on this site i feel. after the Bug TR, we ended up talking to a mod to try and find a place where we could move to and gather and all keep in touch. we all felt like we were THAT close!~ (and thats why i think its important to say this) i was at a fairly low point at that time... and was for a while after... the ppl in that group understood and helped me out. and in turn i tried to help them as well ^-^ but with the clans, you cant trade between each other or something. and with other groups you cant freely talk or something. there is nothing On Site for us to stay in touch, as a group, and just talk, trade, and do stuff in our little group.
Type Race Points:0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! 6,31,14,13,8,11,10,11 Clan Banner! Type Race , Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race , June 2022, score of: 5060
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Hello everyone! Just wanted to quickly pop in here to remind everyone on what this thread is about. This thread is specifically for feedback on the rules presented in the first post, and specifically for the proposals that have been given in the first post. This thread is not for giving feedback on how all rules are enforced in the Type Race Discussion threads; those are not up for debate at this time. However, if you do have issues with any other rules, you may feel free to PM Garthic to speak about it. From the feedback and votes given so far, it is more than likely all 3 rules will be changed according to the proposals that were listed. This is not set in stone just yet, but the feedback has been pretty even across the board.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Deermoth's AvatarDeermoth
Apologies in advance for the long post-- I really don't mean to be a bother with this, but.... While I understand that this is supposed to be on topic, isn't it a bit ironic we're being called out for talking about the strict spam rules and being lowkey accused of making spam...with our feedback? xD I appreciate the chance to let us give our thoughts though! Anyways - I've been lurking here a while and haven't seen a single person who liked the changes made. Everyone that's posted thus far has wanted more interaction with people in TR via the main Type threads. The spam "congrats" posts rule is pretty unanimously disliked it seems, so I'm hoping at least that one is revised ;; “Would you prefer if special giveaways were allowed to be conducted via PM? This would mean a user could post once that they will give out specials to any teammate that PMs them for one; any responses done in the thread will still be deleted as Spam. Or, would you rather no special giveaways be allowed to be advertised in the thread, as it is handled currently?” The summary of that, essentially, is: Option A - ONE single post saying 'PM me for free specials' and any responses are removed Option B - Absolutely no posts about giving away specials, all related posts are removed From my personal opinion as well as many others I've seen in the replies, the general idea is a new option: Option C - The ability to post giveaways for specials without being reprimanded/posts removed Hatching and giving away specials of your team's type is 100% on topic of the TR thread, imo. It's encouraging to all parties involved for reasons already stated, and I'm genuinely unsure of how it could be seen as off topic. The only way I could see it being off topic is if a user is trying to take away from the group's focus, such as advertising selling them cheap, or giving melan slots, etc... That's more of a shop thing, not really type race? I guess? Though you can always make a trade forum post to give away your specials to your team during that week or two. You can keep track of your stock and have a better, more in-depth display for what you have and such. If this is allowed then you should be able to link to this post in the TR thread and advertise when you get new ones or something. Not the PM rule, exactly, but similar. Idk, this one could go either way and it would be alright in my opinion. (That is, either A or my made up C. I don't think banning advertising completely is necessary unless it ends up as genuine spam.)
Perfect Pecha Berry

Perfect Pecha Berry

Consumable

(: 0)

An extra-large, extra-juicy Pecha Berry, bursting with sweet flavour. Boosts Affection of Pokémon who like the taste.

Sells for 300

Lv. 100 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Impish nature
Type Race Score : 5,850
I cant say I like these new rules. I ran a thread a while back but apologised for being slow as I had to put my pet dog down. The thread was then full of people asking me about her me sharing messages of encouragment along with type race stuff. it made the thread feel so much more like a group of like minded people and it got me really into that months race and I'm still fond of many of the users. With this it feels like a more robotic thread without any personality and these rules will push it even further there
She/Her/Hers-They/Them/Theirs
I am fine with either
ART CREDITS
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26

QUOTE originally posted by DeerSenpai

Apologies in advance for the long post-- I really don't mean to be a bother with this, but.... While I understand that this is supposed to be on topic, isn't it a bit ironic we're being called out for talking about the strict spam rules and being lowkey accused of making spam...with our feedback? xD I appreciate the chance to let us give our thoughts though! Anyways - I've been lurking here a while and haven't seen a single person who liked the changes made. Everyone that's posted thus far has wanted more interaction with people in TR via the main Type threads. The spam "congrats" posts rule is pretty unanimously disliked it seems, so I'm hoping at least that one is revised ;; “Would you prefer if special giveaways were allowed to be conducted via PM? This would mean a user could post once that they will give out specials to any teammate that PMs them for one; any responses done in the thread will still be deleted as Spam. Or, would you rather no special giveaways be allowed to be advertised in the thread, as it is handled currently?” The summary of that, essentially, is: Option A - ONE single post saying 'PM me for free specials' and any responses are removed Option B - Absolutely no posts about giving away specials, all related posts are removed From my personal opinion as well as many others I've seen in the replies, the general idea is a new option: Option C - The ability to post giveaways for specials without being reprimanded/posts removed Hatching and giving away specials of your team's type is 100% on topic of the TR thread, imo. It's encouraging to all parties involved for reasons already stated, and I'm genuinely unsure of how it could be seen as off topic. The only way I could see it being off topic is if a user is trying to take away from the group's focus, such as advertising selling them cheap, or giving melan slots, etc... That's more of a shop thing, not really type race? I guess? Though you can always make a trade forum post to give away your specials to your team during that week or two. You can keep track of your stock and have a better, more in-depth display for what you have and such. If this is allowed then you should be able to link to this post in the TR thread and advertise when you get new ones or something. Not the PM rule, exactly, but similar. Idk, this one could go either way and it would be alright in my opinion. (That is, either A or my made up C. I don't think banning advertising completely is necessary unless it ends up as genuine spam.)
I'd prefer option C that way the person selling/giving away speicals can keep track of the orders
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Tabunne's AvatarTabunne
I know this is about what others have all basically said, but since feedback is asked, I'm throwing in my agreement with the thread too. I had no idea making congrats posts to specials was considered spam until this was posted. I had been congratulating people for their specials since participating in the forums, and seen others do the same for me. I noticed August was super quiet, I thought I was just placed with a less talkative team! Not that thats a bad thing, but now I know why. It was always fun sharing the excitement with making posts cheering on those who hatched some specials, and fun getting them in return. It made me want to post more and I've been joining the TR forums ever since! To me, it makes no sense that only the host can advertise the raffle. What if they didn't make one? Or know about its existence? I know I get busy with life and if I wanted to donate or participate otherwise in a raffle, I'd like to be able to see the posts and advertisements for it in case I forget! I think it could encourage more raffles, donations, and participation. Especially because not everyone reads the first post over and over and some people join later on. Giveways can be conducted in PM, and while I understand the trade talk viewpoint, if they're giveaways from the TR, how exactly is that "off topic"? The user can totally link to a trade thread if need be, but I also think some update posts should be allowed to in the TR thread. Especially if whoever is giving away the pokemon gets a buncha PMs asking about the same ones. If anyone doesn't like all this, like others have said, they can always join the clicklist, mute the thread and not post at all. But if you really REALLY dont wanna interact with others on your team...why are you playing a game that REQUIRES interaction with many people to begin with?
The best part of Type Race for me has always been the sense of community and comradery that the team threads build and all 3 of these rules seriously detract from that. We should be able to get excited and congratulate each other. We should be to make sure everyone knows about the raffle. And we should be able to share our luck amongst our teammates. Not everyone can always get hypermode, ubercharms, shiny charms, and fully charged radar every race, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to spread the love and remind them that their team contributions are valuable too.
Dark Type Gym Leader PFP by the amazing Sukka for my use only Sprites: © 1995-2023 Nintendo/Game Freak. Trainer Card from pokecharms.com
KitsukiFire's AvatarKitsukiFire
No wonder its been hard to get someone to make threads for my team/ incredibly quiet/low motivation for the teams I've been joining the Last few months! O: Ive noticed a cracking down on these rules and ive personally disliked it. 1 The congrats posts I feel like should stay, I think they're relevant to boosting people's want to hatch more which = hatching more for our team! Win/win I don't have much to say about #2 as I've never hosted give aways/raffles, but I always enjoyed the reminders of the raffle 3 I think special give aways are fine, I've always enjoyed them, I've never considered them spam o.o I figured they'd keep people wanting to keep playing
0 Buying: Plasma Koa 30zc ea Refer me on Dappervolk! (Kitsuki) Unlocking 3s forest helps me out SO much ♡
Tøxtriicity's AvatarTøxtriicity
Personally I'm not much of a chatter so I rarely if ever post, Type race is awesome and one of my favourite site events, so I'll start with that. But, it does seem sad if people who hatch melans can't get a congrats beyond an anonymous thumbs up. That's a serious accomplishment and doesn't happen all that much. Shinies and albinos are a dime a dozen in comparison to melans, could we perhaps consider an exclusionary clause to the rule? I don't personally have issue with anything else presented.
profile picture: Taken directly in game of my own toxtricity.

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page