PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 1920212223··· 858687

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

Why not have it so that in order to block people from clicking your pokemon there needs to be a report? That way mass blocking isn't as easy as one step.
And report them for what exactly? If they aren't breaking site rules, you'd otherwise be falsely reporting them. *edit - added quote since my reply went to other page
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Ozimul's AvatarOzimul
master.pnge+.png
Yeah, that there is the problem. If another user makes me uncomfortable to the point I don't want to interact, but isn't technically breaking site rules, I can't just slam the report button. I want a proper block feature because sometimes the mods can't (or won't) do anything about such people.
If someone is making you uncomfortable, and you told them to not contact you, and they don't, even if you still wish to block them they aren't breaking site rules. Tell me, would you like to be unable to get clicks which makes your eggs hatch faster, get pokerus which makes hatching and leveling a breeze, and post in suggestion which directly influences your gameplay because few users think you make them uncomfortable? Would you like to be punished, having your gameplay experience severily limited, for something that has nothing to do with game and site itself?
Ozimul's AvatarOzimul
master.pnge+.png
There are more than enough people that play this game to the point where I don't think a few blocks will be that much of a problem in the grand scheme of things. If I occasionally can't click somebody for 'rus or whatever, that's something I can deal with.
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
grandmaster.pngc+.png
Question, would you be able to unblock? Assuming the answer is yes - If you’ve gone to mods to say “I don’t want X contacting me for private reasons”, but then change your mind, or resolve it or for whatever reason want to undo that change, wouldn’t it be easier with block/unblock than going to the mods again? I don’t know If the mods require an explanation or not actually (like if saying “it’s private” would be enough), but it’s just seems a bit like a hassle and maybe you don’t want the mods involved in it because it’s private (even from them) to even want to mention to anyone else, shouldn’t users be able to deal with such issues themselves without needing a third party? I know the mods can still probably see the block and all somehow, but the user wouldn’t have to be in the position of having to awkwardly ‘expose’ themselves by actively talking to anyone about it when they’d rather not. Just wanted to add that, it might’ve been mentioned already, but I’m repeating it if so. For the record, I do support a block system even if I don’t usually find a need for myself there have been times I’ve wished I could but also didn’t feel exactly right/good/justified (whatever you’d want to call the emotion that kept me from filing a report on them) about contacting mods about it. (Sorry if this is a bit crookedly written, on my iPad).
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
grandmaster.pngb.png
I never reply to suggestions, and probably won't subscribe due to the mixed opinions, and frankly don't like to draw too much attention to myself but... I think a block feature is not only needed, it's also long overdue. I personally don't see the issue of the whole 'interaction' point. There's roughly 790 users online right now. Say I block 5, I will still be able to interact with all these 785 users, which I probably won't even reach. Especially in current events I think a block feature is needed. It is up to the user to be responsible by reporting if necessary. But I wouldn't mind not seeing some users pop up, to be completely honest ^^' Also as Minni said above, unblock would be nice! Personally already didn't like having to contact a mod about my review to he changed and really hope we don't have to contact them about a blocked user. That's kind of... personal :)
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
BELIEVE's AvatarBELIEVE
ultra.pngd.png

Opinion (?)

Just dropping in my two cents ; assuming it goes both ways for the possibility of being able to interact with the person being blocked / the person blocking. In the case of blocking , if a person is mass blocking , then they most likely are aware [or should be] of the lack of interactions that will follow. In the case of someone being mass blocked by multiple users , that would easily be something that needs to be looked into by staff [I see mass as ,, 25+ within a day , but that's just how I define mass in this situation] as to why they're being mass blocked.
Overall I support having a block button , and if it does hinder interactions , this should be made clear before and after blocking. [i.e , a popup that states you will not be able to interact / they will not be able to interact once blocked.] I'm also in favor of the option to report along with block , however I don't believe it should be required as it defeats the purpose of a block feature in that case / my opinion. edit ! I would like to note that this is in the case that interactions count for a block ! I'm more so in favor of hiding posts and threads , which that states its from a blocked user regardless of the forum , with an option to still look at the post or thread once confirmed you would like to. Same with their profile or pokemon. This is the best compromise I can really think of , which I believe has been stated before.
`` SWEET LIKE HONEY LAVENDER `` LURKING IN THE ART FORUMS OR READING UWU sig.art - icon.art - bkgd
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
Let me point this out right now...

Preventing people from interacting with you would lock them out of site features.

Doing such a thing, especially if the reason your blocking them is something like "I just don't want them interacting with me", is incredibly rude. Players should not be locked out of site features. At all. Ever. By other players. For doing nothing wrong. Only site locks should do such a thing, and only for actual reasons, not just "I just don't like them." Not only that but, and I hate to say it, people WILL abuse the block feature for certain things. And the two ways to abuse it that will stack up real quick? Type race and Rus. People will block the well known rus hunters so that when they(the blockee) gets rus, those hunters have no chance to get it because they can't even go to that persons page. People will also go around, and everyone they see on their team during type race NOT hatching for their team, they'd block because why give clicks to those not helping? And, since you'd be able to block just because you wanted to, how would staff be able to intervene when its part of a feature to make people feel more comfortable? That could end up adding a lot of drama that would possibly end up requiring staff making that report/investigation public. The only feature that should lock people out of site wide events is the tutorial and locks. Not a feature regular players get to control.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Gilded's AvatarGilded
complete.pngsss.png
^ this right here I don't care if someone that I have blocked can click me I just don't want to see that they've clicked me or show up in any site generated clicklists where I can click them Preferably, they wouldn't even show up on the "received" part of the interactions page (even if their username is censored) I can hold out on rus if a person I have blocked gets it (considering that's basically what I do now for users I don't like) but I agree neither side should be 100% locked out of major features like rus just because the host has them blocked or they have the host blocked
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ┊ it/they/he ┊ ┊ pfp by box ┊ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
lovey's Avatarlovey
grandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

Let me point this out right now...

Preventing people from interacting with you would lock them out of site features.

-clip-

QUOTE originally posted by Rebecca Gold

-clip- Tell me, would you like to be unable to get clicks which makes your eggs hatch faster, get pokerus which makes hatching and leveling a breeze, and post in suggestion which directly influences your gameplay because few users think you make them uncomfortable? Would you like to be punished, having your gameplay experience severily limited, for something that has nothing to do with game and site itself?

(sorry if formatting is weird i want to reply to both so lmk if theres a better way to format both! i just didnt want to make a super big post)

as someone in full support of a block feature, i can completely understand and sympathize with these worries! but... also, for many people who already request certain people to not interact, they lose out on those clicks anyways. blocking would skip having to request someone via dm or otherwise for someone to not interact. something i would suggest to fix things such as the pokerus issue along with mix with 2.0, is that it will not display anywhere that a blocked user interacted. a big part of why people dont want folks to interact with them is the worry/anxiety about knowing that certain users are doing so, or at least, seeing certain things that bother them. also, more for zen's post, if it is implimented correctly, then it shouldn't lock out features. i can understand why you might see that as rude, but theres a lot of reasons someone may have that they are not comfortable or safe with providing! said reasons may not be reportable because it might be off site, might be a simple disagreement, or previous beef. as for the type race and pokerus, really the only thing i can think of is... unless someone gets together to do it en masse, there's no reason to worry. again, let me know a better way to format this, but this is just my 2 cents for this. absolutely feel free to disagree with me! but im still in support for a block feature.
A HUGE nerd. currently hunting for an melan shinx! nyehehehehe i really need to actually update this signature u_u

Pages: 123··· 1920212223··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page