PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
Let me point this out right now...

Preventing people from interacting with you would lock them out of site features.

Doing such a thing, especially if the reason your blocking them is something like "I just don't want them interacting with me", is incredibly rude. Players should not be locked out of site features. At all. Ever. By other players. For doing nothing wrong. Only site locks should do such a thing, and only for actual reasons, not just "I just don't like them." Not only that but, and I hate to say it, people WILL abuse the block feature for certain things. And the two ways to abuse it that will stack up real quick? Type race and Rus. People will block the well known rus hunters so that when they(the blockee) gets rus, those hunters have no chance to get it because they can't even go to that persons page. People will also go around, and everyone they see on their team during type race NOT hatching for their team, they'd block because why give clicks to those not helping? And, since you'd be able to block just because you wanted to, how would staff be able to intervene when its part of a feature to make people feel more comfortable? That could end up adding a lot of drama that would possibly end up requiring staff making that report/investigation public. The only feature that should lock people out of site wide events is the tutorial and locks. Not a feature regular players get to control.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page