PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #2 [Electric Swing]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 2627282930313233

APPreacher's AvatarAPPreacher
master.pngc.png
Unanimously, the egg timer seems to be balancing the game, albeit at the expense of users growing agitated. I've NEVER seen such a full Reciprocated/ Received interactions pool, even at the height of a 'Rus on the busiest time of PFQ's day. This encourages more player to player interaction than even the Pokerus itself. If you still wish to mass-click and Rus hunt, that's still available and viable too, but now the egg timer isn't limited to people who mass click. My only question, as the mob readies their pitchforks, is can the timers interaction parameters be increased? 1500, while it LOOKS like a lot of party clicks, is just 5or 6 50-count online user pages. Even given that it's more annoying than mass clicking, it seems trivial to max out the party clicks within one Pokerus. Mass clicking can do it within one pokerus, but leaves users fingers/wrists shattered (personal experience.) (TL;DR) Party clicking is time consuming, not strenuous. Please consider raising thresholds in an effort to balance the game further. Thank you. Edit: Why is everyone having a cow over the game becoming more balanced anyway? Do you want it fixed, or are you wanting it to cater to your every whim?
Thunderyena's AvatarThunderyena
elite.png

QUOTE originally posted by ScuffleDust

Having to manually implment a CSS doesn't negate the actual interface's current clunkiness, nor does it deflect the releviance of the criticism being brought up. The party-clicking methods being coded into the actual site, without CSS, is how game dev's expect the majority of the users to interact with the site. If CSS ease-of-access were the goal, it would be hard coded into the current interface. As such the implimentation of CSS is user-based addition, and shouldn't really be factored when considering actual site functionality and user-friendliness. Current critisism shouldn't be undermined by CSS, nor should it be seen as a solution to current issues being displayed.
i would re-read this response, selocon, it sums up what i'd say in response to you not really addressing my points. "Name me one other game that does the exact same in terms of customization? I don't think you can." you're right, i can't. & the reason for that is because those websites don't shift the responsibility of bettering the game onto the playerbase. when they receive criticism on ease of access, they simply improve the website itself to ensure the most streamlined experience. very few people end up complaining. "... forcing the CSS implementation into the site's code will make it seem like that is *the* way to click, and it's not." & /not/ implementing a better system implies that the slow & tedious system we have right now is -the- way to click, & it shouldn't be. by the way, i'd much prefer a cleaned up & improved version of the party css idea be put in, not a copypasta of the user-made css.
nimbuscrying's Avatarnimbuscrying
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Css should stay as customization, not make a basic site feature 100% better.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
master.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by SunniSweet

Css should stay as customization, not make a basic site feature 100% better.
I absolutely agree. I use a stacking CSS because I'm lazy and like to mass click Niet's fields as a sort of smaller hoard for IP. I don't have to use the CSS. I could click without it, I could find someone else's fields - but again, I'm lazy. However, there's only one way to click a party without CSS, and it is awful for people with wrist restrictions and old devices. (Which makes this an accessibility issue). CSS shouldn't be required to make the website accessable after the update for people it was already accessable to.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by APPreacher

My only question, as the mob readies their pitchforks, is can the timers interaction parameters be increased? 1500, while it LOOKS like a lot of party clicks, is just 5or 6 50-count online user pages. Even given that it's more annoying than mass clicking, it seems trivial to max out the party clicks within one Pokerus. Mass clicking can do it within one pokerus, but leaves users fingers/wrists shattered (personal experience.) (TL;DR) Party clicking is time consuming, not strenuous. Please consider raising thresholds in an effort to balance the game further. Thank you. Edit: Why is everyone having a cow over the game becoming more balanced anyway? Do you want it fixed, or are you wanting it to cater to your every whim?
How is the egg timer change balancing? It's completely ignoring a form of click. It also takes longer with 1.5k clicks than it previously took for 5k, and you want it higher? That doesn't seem like balance to me. And as many have state previously, and I can confirm, party clicking, not mass field clicking, is harder on your hand and wrist. Sorry, but I don't see any logic behind your suggestion to increase the needed party clicks to balance the game. The balance we really need is either making party clicks better or easier, or splitting the clicks, as stated before.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
master.pngc.png
@rmcqu1: I genuinely fail to see the party clicking being more than an annoyance. If your wrists are that easily torn, rapid mass clicking would incite it more. (Again, personal experience.) Again, both the 1.5k party click and the 5k total clicks can be done within one Rus, but the PARTY method is drastically easier on my own hands. How is it balanced? You get MORE interactions when you party click others, since everyone is now more likely to click back. Again, this produces better results than Rus, especially for people levelling up pokemon. Edit: And if you want to continue mass clicking after you max out the egg timer, there ya go, it's not stopping you. The timer is a commodity, not a necessity. When I returned to PFQ now years later after having been on-site for not long after it was made, I didnt even know what the egg timer was, and still remember an enjoyable experience.
Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod21433.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
Just poking in to say a lot of people are saying that the new egg timer encourages solely party clicks as opposed to the old one that wasnt biased. But thats just not true? The old one clearly encouraged massclicking over party clicking. If its changed back people will just be massclicking their 5k clicks again, and as a user who has party clicked for my egg timer over the past year that isnt fair either. to revert to a system that encourages a short burst of clicks onto usually a field that doesnt need it (excluding pokerus hosts) is just... not right considering pokefarm is supposed to be an interactive game where your eggs hatching or party pokemon leveling should be almost your main priority. Also the eggtimer is doing a fantastic job at getting clicks returned. It has never, not once, been so high. Has anyone noticed how insanely fast shazi and sei have filled the past two days? It has a bit to do with this update because people are hatching their eggs so fast from party clicks, even when they are online just going through forums, being put on the active users list is enough to get your party clicked when before only a small amount of users actively clicked people online. Edit: also i agree the party interface needs a desperate facelift
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
master.pngc.png
I have to agree, Terabbit. I have 3 full screens of people who have click backed. Never, not once have my pokemon leveled this fast, never have my eggs hatched this steadily, and anyone who wants to mass click after the timer is filled is more than welcome to do so.
Deviation's AvatarDeviation
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Do the new egg timer supporters realise even with the CSS, the time it takes to load 5 different parties (assuming they are all full) takes 2-3 minutes? Not everyone lives in high-end countries like you, not everyone uses the same A-grade technology as you, not everyone has the same WiFi speed as you. The egg timer update works great in theory and in practical, for people that have cutting edge technology. What are people that can't afford better phones,better WiFi supposed to do? Edit: spelling mistakes
🌈Zoinks!🌈
iOlrickx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngiOlrickx
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

Edit: also i agree the party interface needs a desperate facelift
See I feel this part is key here, there's people in here that genuinely have issues that affect their ability to click but then I've also seen people stating they hate this change purely because they dislike party clicking in general. So instead of reverting the change, to me it says we should probably look for ways on how to make party clicking both, more accessible to people that genuinely struggle to click and more appealing to people who currently just dislike it.. Without relying on custom CSS Just seems like the most logical thing to me rather than reverting the change as it's obviously had a positive impact on the amount of party clicking being made just from looking at my interaction page plus yesterday was the quickest the Pokémon in my WF fields have levelled up and the most they've been clicked in months. Which I assume is due to the increased amount of people party clicking and therefore seeing the message on my card asking them to spare some for those.
Other
• Current Type Race dragon.png 0

Pages: 123··· 2627282930313233

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page