PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123456789

Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
ultra.pnge+.png
Uno reverse card, the shiny is it’s normal form but it’s hard to get it’s normal form, it’s normal form is it’s shiny form and easy to hatch
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
ultra.pnge+.png
...so is it a reboot or is it not? Once again we're shown what is allegedly a "whole new game", but is actually related to PFQ! But it's slightly different mechanically. But it's based on PFQ! But it's not! But PFQ's coming out of open beta and just being finished! But here's this new game! I must ask at this point, what is the plan anymore? The issue wasn't the whole fact it was a reboot--it was the fact it was just said and then there were months of radio silence, with nothing to show of it, and a lack of any useful elaboration of any kind. We only had vague mechanical changes told to us, interface changes, and the transfer thing for the reboot; and here, we're getting vague mechanical changes, and... nothing. Nothing else. We're practically getting less information than we did with the OG reboot. And of course, with the lack of transfer information comes a slurry of people anxious they'll have to restart all over, likely severely gimping their interest... with seemingly, no update as to transfers in sight. And let me ask--how is this different from the reboot? We're told this is a new project unrelated from PFQ. But, we're also being told PFQ is coming out of its open beta phase. So these are two unrelated projects. But they're being discussed as if they're the same thing. Are they the same? Is PFQ coming out of open beta this project? Or is this project completely unrelated to PFQ like is stated? All these questions and more have... no known answer beyond speculation, which stems entirely from the one screenshot we have of the "hug pokemon" button--perhaps the least helpful screenshot in terms of letting these questions be answered. This is also notably in stark contrast to older updates; they laid out initial plans very well, rather than simply tossing a screenshot and saying very little. Take, for instance, the announcement of the recode, as penned by Eltafez; in it, we were given a clear synopsis and then some of every mechanic that was planned for the PFQ Recode--even some that, ultimately, never came to fruition (dungeons, excavation, and crafting)... which, speaking of, any updates on those? If nothing else, I'd like to see them be considered for this PF3 of sorts. Or official out-of-open beta. Or reboot. Or separate project. Or... you get the idea. My main point is, the issue wasn't a reboot. It's that we don't know what is going on, and in lieu of any cohesive explanation has been either vague seemingly-contradictory information, vague crumbs that don't give us the full picture at all, our own speculation (which is often incorrect and paranoid), or worst of all, total radio silence. And alas, history seems to be more-or-less repeating here; we get vague crumbs that don't give us the full picture at all, a Q&A that seemingly contradicts the initial "reboot is cnaned" announcement, and a screenshot that doesn't give us the full picture at all, leading to vast speculation, including people afraid for a lack of transfers. All we need is a cohesive explanation of EVERYTHING. If it's a recode, a reboot, a new project, or an update. A full screenshot--not just a crop we can't see the full picture of (both metaphorically and literally). Any new features we may want to look out for. As it stands, we've more-or-less just got the same situation as the Reboot's initial announcement... just, 6 months in the future, and with even less clue as to what's going on due in part to contradictory information. I don't mean to sound upset, and I came off that way I apologize. Just... We really, really need clarity. Development Logs are a GREAT way to start, but... Keeping things hidden in them, especially in a time where clarity is so important to this game and its future, it's almost as good as if there weren't any at all.
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
ultra.pnge+.png
It’s not a reboot, if I’ve read everything PROPERLY it’s the plans of a whole new site
Shenkkazoo's AvatarShenkkazoo
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I'd love to see a new, clean site with very different gameplay as a 'sequel', but I have to agree that I'm a bit nervous about Niet being stretched thin trying to work on and upkeep two different sites. I am one of those who wanted the reboot, but suddenly this feels just a bit disingenuous somehow..? I understand that you now intend for the new site to be much more different than a reboot, but in effect the concerns are the same, so I don't think it was a good move to announce that the reboot Wasn't happening when it kinda is anyways. I'm not that worked up about it though. Depending on how identical the sites are, I'd like to be able to transfer at least *some* of my stuff, but I can handle the sting of starting over if I Must. I'm looking forward to seeing more about what the new site has to offer, and some clarification on what you, at the moment- even if it's subject to change, intend to make it stand apart from PFQ.
0.pngS/A Shopf.png
b.pngt.png2.pngn.png Paused Raikou hunt: 360h/4s/4a/0m
ultra.pnge+.png
I think we should just make this a reboot, but it’s a major update. We won’t have enough staff for a while to upkeep both servers, unless their will be more mod applications and I think they would need to be started soon as we don’t want the same amount of MITs as their are Mods, so many people will be looking forward to the new game, who knows what can happen the first few months, their won’t be enough mods to keep up with everything from reports, to forums. These are mods helping on PFQ2 and PFQ. Theirs way too much work, and with all these deseases going around like the flue, we can’t have mods sick in a position like that, it’s too much stress. It’s a major strain on Niet, and the mods, i mean, the few stuf I’ve heard about it, I’m looking forward to it, but it’s difficult keeping up with one server, let alone two.
Trebor's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTrebor
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngshiny.png
Just going to leave these excerpts here... <all emphasis mine>

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

... We're working on something else instead and will announce details of that ...in six to eight months, probably,... I do want to be more open about my development process and activity, but it's still too soon to be doing that. So far, I've made a really good base to work on, which is nice but not particularly interesting. As for the here and now, PFQ is not going anywhere. It will not be replaced. There will be no loss of progress, and no "Transfer" because there will be nothing to transfer away from or to. Please disregard what has been announced previously about the "Reboot". Instead, we're working on bringing PFQ out of "Public Beta" and into a "Released" state.
From Wikipedia (Software release life cycle) Release candidate "A release candidate (RC), also known as "going silver", is a beta version with potential to be a stable product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bugs. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities." Stable release "Also called production release, the stable release is the last release candidate (RC) which have passed all verifications / tests. The remaining bugs are considered as acceptable."
<Edit> (re: 'name the new game') Dictionary: red herring - /ˈˌred ˈheriNG/ noun 1. a dried smoked herring, which is turned red by the smoke. 2. something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting. Similar: bluff blind ruse feint deception
Special dragon.png delta collector Team v-fairy.png
Twinkle Tackle (Fairy)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/241 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Amanome's AvatarAmanome
grandmaster.pngb.png
I would just like to propose this question to you guys since I am seeing this a lot. Why is there so much stress about something that doesn't even have the concept finalized yet? You wanted updates - you have them. We can't give you answers to things that we don't even know yet. Plans change. Ideas are tried out and messed with to see if they will work or not. This site isn't going to be out in a month. It's not going to be out in two. There is no use getting anxious about something that's not going to happen any time soon. On top of that, PFQ isn't going anywhere. So, what's the issue?
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Buying for zc summon_las.png - 60zc ZC UFT: 2 Free Toyhou.se Codes PM me! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
code: izu.ku| bkgd
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
grandmaster.pngc.png
I think the issue is the lack of information still, tbh. We don't have a timeline and we have minimal information, so we're getting confused and panicking. I'm kinda curious about what it'll be; as Niet says that it will be basically a sequel to PFQ and have entirely different mechanics, but... the entire "Pet the Pokemon" kind of implies it will still be a clicking based game? I feel like, in some posts, we are answering why we're concerned, as well as our questions, and you are the first mod to respond at all. Niet/Garth drops this information on us and then seem to vanish, as people panic. Without information people can get confused and start throwing theories out there. I'll repeat this, your question is answered in other people's posts, explaining why they're concerned.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
This bit jumped out at me:

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

We can't give you answers to things that we don't even know yet.
By that same token, could it be considered a bit reductive for Niet to ask the audience what name would be appropriate for the game he's got in mind, with only a vague idea of the primary gameplay loop to go on?
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

Why is there so much stress about something that doesn't even have the concept finalized yet? You wanted updates - you have them.
Because the entire point of why people were upset about the reboot is because no one knew anything. There were no answers. People weren't upset that a reboot was happening - people were upset that there were no details finalized at all and there was nothing staff could tell us about what to expect. And this is exactly the same. It's also terribly upsetting because those of us who were around between pf1 and pfq know this story. Trying to run two sites doesn't work. PFQ will be phased out eventually just as PF1 was - and will be left to rot for some time before then. At least the reboot offered the chance for me to keep everything I've worked so hard for on this site. I was so happy that Niet and Garth were going to try to find a way to fix the issues with the site while letting users keep their Pokemon. My delta specials are the only reason I'm on this site - and now it seems that I'm going to lose them (though we don't know for sure). Like... No one was waiting on this announcement. No one knew about this mysterious second project. There was no reason to tell us anything about it until Niet had a better understanding of what is going on with it. Also, it seems entirely disingenuous to claim you've shelved the reboot and tell your userbase PFQ is going to stay - when that's not entirely the truth. This new site is just a reboot but without the promise of keeping anything we've worked for. In short: people are upset by a vague announcement of something huge with no answers and because the new project makes it seem like Niet is just trying to skirt around the transfer/economy issue by telling us the reboot is shelved when it's not. Also, people were excited for the thought that the reboot ending meant more dev time for pfq - but that's all going to a second project now.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!

Pages: 123456789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page