PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 789

The first disccusion for "Dev Log 204" is now open. For those seeing this before the second and third posts that are planned for Niet's Dev Log in the announcements, they will be out shortly and we thank you for your patience <3
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Oh gosh, I'm so happy this is finally a thing!! Thank you for this, Niet, Garthic, and everyone involved :D
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
Awesome! Love the push for more communication, especially since that was the biggest issue for a good while.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Y'know, I'm honestly fine with the new game having a simple name. Sometimes, that's all you need! As for actual name suggestions, I've got nothing right now. Though I may edit this post later if I come up with something.
Medium Dragon Gem

Medium Dragon Gem

Gem

(: 0)

A medium-sized Dragon-type Gem. Visit Ravyne at the Wishforge to convert it into 10 normal-sized Gems.

Sells for 100

Lv. 100 — +9,242,572
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GroundDragon
Happiness 94%
Timid nature
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
...Okay, I guess I'm gonna be the first (or, one of the first) to ask questions and post feedback on this;; First, what are the other ways that PFX will differ from PFQ? (X = Variable name. Though I guess it could stand for Xtreme. or deluXe. or Xtra. or the same thing that Q stood for. or anything) Asides from the interaction change. Will there still be shinies/albinos/melans? Breeding Pokemon and hatching eggs? Will PFX introduce cool new things we could never comprehend? What will make PFX worth joining, rather than just staying on PFQ? And also, will there be any kind of transfer between PFQ and PFX? Secondly... regarding the Galar release... I kinda wish there'd been more of an announcement regarding it, rather than just a footnote in the dev log, if that makes sense. Perhaps another update from our friend Eben?
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
So this secondary project would be like the equivalent of Refresh instead of Amis, as it were? I think I follow. For some reason, the name PokéSquare springs to mind. Or PokeTrail? Also, @ skiddo - technically the Eben thread was updated with an additional post last night discussing it; but since that requires being subscribed to it I can see how it'd be missed.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
söbble's Avatarsöbble
So... You told us you were shelving the reboot but the fact seems to be you aren't, but rather the community feedback on it was so poor and the fact that many people were pointing out how neglected PFQ has seemed lately means you're not even going to try to fix the base issues? So you're going to pretend like you're ditching the reboot - which came with expectations such as transfer and preservation of progress - in favor of.... A reboot. Except this time you can do whatever you want. Like, I'm sorry if that sounds jaded or too harsh but come on. All it seems like is that the community's expectations and wants for a reboot were too high, so you're going a route that means you don't have to listen to us. And a route that means you have an excuse to even further shelve any development for pfq - which it seems is already happening. A whole round of suggestions was just rejected, and one of them - removing your like from a post - was rejected for being "too minor," despite the fact that it's a heavily requested and was a very positively received suggestion. What happened to the notion that coding time isn't an issue for suggestions? That if something is a good idea and well supported, it doesn't matter the coding time. Maybe I'm just tired and cynical but that's just what I'm gleaning from this.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Key-Okamitora's AvatarKey-Okamitora
PokeTrail sounds pretty gpod actually
Why does everyone want to be "normal" when its so much fun to be weird!
APPreacher's AvatarAPPreacher
Just a whim. For this upcoming game, I cant imagine that the staff would be entirely identical. So what will come of Niet? Will he keep that 'sona for the new game, or adopt a new one like with the Kolink transition? I feel like he had legitimate cause (LSS: be careful who you get close to) to change up between 1 to Q, but now that his life state is (hopefully) much improved, does he have any new representations to share with the world. As for a name.. if we stick with the letter scheme, I liked PFX that skiddo posted (former punk trash adding x to everything here xD) Sticking to PokeSomething, I like PokeFriends. As for something new entirely, what about naming it after the "founder" of Pokefarm? Professor Holly, not Niet xD
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
Going off of what Sobble said, we were told about a reboot for pfq coming. After the initial backlash over losing our stuff, as long as I have my facts correct, staff confirmed most, if not all, of it would be transferable. Then we get told this is scrapped, and we're stuck with the bad coding here, which is somehow good enough, despite multiple times being said it was limiting the site. Now we're told there's going to be a sequal instead of the reboot, which isn't just going to be pfq 3.0, but a completely new game. Since you said we could move over to the new game, I have a few questions: 1. Is this move using our current accounts, or do we have to create a new one? 2. And going off that, will we be able to transfer our stuff from pfq to the new game? I'm all for improvements to pfq, don't get me wrong, but if the improvements come at the cost of up to 7 years of progress for us (Depending on how long people have been here), there's no way I can support anything but the originally announced reboot. Also, since the reboot was scrapped, and the replacement is an entirely new game, will there be any attempt to clear out inactive accounts to free up those usernames? The site's been around for years, as I mentioned earlier, so there's probably tens of thousands of inactive accounts, and probably a good number still have the bulb icon or haven't even hatched their starters.

Pages: 123··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page