PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 6789

Hexables's AvatarHexables
champion.png

QUOTE originally posted by MinniHowl

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Garthic will collect and respond to questions people have, and then I'll post an update that will prompt a whole bunch of new questions.
This quote also to people wondering where Niet and Garthic is now, I think the answers will be collectively posted in the next update or something, if I understood it right.
I don't know what timezone either is in, but if either of them goes off anything near server time (I'm assuming Niet might? idk) I hope they're asleep right now. But honestly, they're likely busy working things out that require higher attention than this. It makes since that they can't tell the mods etc. about all of the answers to all of the questions, but it would be nice if they told mods some answers to some questions to be answered even if Niet/Garth are busy, seeing how angry some people seem to be at this point.
~*My art dump*~~*My journal*~ Mantyke avatar and art store stamp are mine, little giftbox made by Animela!
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Hexables

Reboots mean people lose progress. Sequels, you don't lose your progress generally unless the original is shut down.
The staff confirmed the scrapped reboot would have allowed pretty much everything to be transfered over. Nothing like that has be said about this sequel. That's what's being "thrown around by the users," if you had understood what was happening. We know this isn't a reboot, and that is why it's an issue. The reboot meant saved progress; the sequel hasn't confirmed that. So it'll say an issue until Noot said stuff is transferable, and will become a bigger issue if Noot confirms it isn't, but still keeps it at what he's said it is so far: just pfq 3.0.

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

People begged for updates and more communication when the reboot was cancelled. Then noet starts a log detailing his basic ideas and why he thinks that way and now theres panic and breakdown again. It's almost like no matter what niet does someone will be upset. Niet decided to open up on the project hes working on as per userbase request and now people are upset about that??
Yes, we got the communication we asked for, but it came the same way the reboot was originally announced: Very vague, almost no clarification other than it exists, no follow up to fix those issues. As many have mentioned, Noot should have waited until either he could announce more concrete info about the sequel before announcing, or when he had time to stick around and answer questions. That's the communication we asked for. We weren't asking for, "We're making a sequel, and the highlight is a small, inconsequential change to clicking that no one asked for." That left us with lots of questions, and as your annoyance shows, it's not good. We're in the same place we were left after the reboot was announced: With a lot of questions, and only a little info to speculate on. What're going to be the differences between pfq and pfq2 that warrent it being enough for a sequel? What's going to happen to pfq after it releases? Will pfq stuff be transferable? Is this just a way for Noot to release the reboot without actually calling it a reboot? Why announce the sequel by showing us a tiny update to a current system, then expect us to want the sequel over the reboot? There's lots of questions, and the only way they're get answered is if Noot, or someone Noot appoints, gives us the answers. Until then, there's nothing anyone can do to stop the speculation. It's a result of the poor choice of timing and content this announcement had. @Hexables Noot and Garth are both in the UK, so they use server time. Would be weird if the site didn't use the developer's time.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Staryu's AvatarStaryu
master.pngc+.png
I don't see anybody panicking and I don't see the thread "breaking down" to the point where it needs to be locked. The thread is for discussion of the information we've received and people are...doing that, and are pretty calmly raising concerns based on the info we got (or lack thereof). The answer we got is that we'll get new information when we get it, so we wait. In the meantime we can work out what exactly we want to ask and be told. The speculation isn't negative or useless, or a sign of panic, as long as we all continue to be polite about it. I mean, I might have been wrong earlier when I speculated that we weren't going to be able to transfer PFQ progress to the new game. I said that because I figured that calling it a new game/sequel rather than a reboot implied it was going to be pretty much divorced from PFQ. Maybe I was mistaken, but in the meantime, admins know I and others are concerned about that and will presumably give an answer as soon as they're able. It's not panic, it's the beginnings of a conversation, which is what we wanted. Edit: I've been informed that I was not, in fact, mistaken, and that Niet has stated directly that there will be no transfer. That's on me for not remembering that far back and not going back to check, but I think my point about discussion still stands.
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
ultra.pnge+.png
Request: common questions that have been answered places in the first post. Can we please have all these common questions that have been answered placed in the first post, only so we don’t have questions that have been answered being asked again.
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
APPreacher's AvatarAPPreacher
master.pngc.png

quote by Niet NINE DAYS AGO

About six months ago, we announced the "Reboot", and since then has been radio silence. This is an update on what we've been doing these last six months. It's been a difficult decision, but we ended up going completely back to the drawing board. Clearly we - and more specifically I - misjudged the situation, and we needed to reconvene and come up with something else. So for now, the idea of the "Reboot" is shelved. We're working on something else instead and will announce details of that ... in six to eight months, probably, considering how rarely I've been posting announcements... On a more serious note, I do want to be more open about my development process and activity, but it's still too soon to be doing that. So far, I've made a really good base to work on, which is nice but not particularly interesting. As for the here and now, PFQ is not going anywhere. It will not be replaced. There will be no loss of progress, and no "Transfer" because there will be nothing to transfer away from or to. Please disregard what has been announced previously about the "Reboot". Instead, we're working on bringing PFQ out of "Public Beta" and into a "Released" state. I will endeavour to improve the frequency of communications so that you all know what's going on. "Once every six months" is just not good enough, and I need to improve on that. Thank you very much for your patience. I hope you continue to enjoy PFQ!
He has admitted that he misjudged the situation at hand, and has decided to try something entirely different. Literally just a week ago, and now you all are expecting every detail to be finalized. All we can do is wait.
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Staryu

Edit: I've been informed that I was not, in fact, mistaken, and that Niet has stated directly that there will be no transfer. That's on me for not remembering that far back and not going back to check, but I think my point about discussion still stands.
Where did Noot confirm that? He hasn't said anything new since the original announcement, and he didn't say anything about transfering there.
CorvinNoikrow's AvatarCorvinNoikrow
master.pnge+.png

There will be no loss of progress, and no "Transfer" because there will be nothing to transfer away from or to.
From here. I'm gonna hold my opinion on the matter until we have more info, but I've been watching and figured I should quote where he did say there'd be no transfer.
Image is from the 2020 advent calendar They/them (preferred) or he/him pronouns.
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by CorvinNoikrow

There will be no loss of progress, and no "Transfer" because there will be nothing to transfer away from or to.
From here. I'm gonna hold my opinion on the matter until we have more info, but I've been watching and figured I should quote where he did say there'd be no transfer.
That quote was from before the announcement of pfq2, so it doesn't confirm anything about transfering in relation to pfq2.
CorvinNoikrow's AvatarCorvinNoikrow
master.pnge+.png

We're working on something else instead and will announce details of that ... in six to eight months, probably, considering how rarely I've been posting announcements... On a more serious note, I do want to be more open about my development process and activity, but it's still too soon to be doing that. So far, I've made a really good base to work on, which is nice but not particularly interesting.
I would assume the "something else" he's referring to is the sequel, and thus this announcement. He already had a base planned out at this point in time, so I'd assume anything he said would have been referring to the "something else" considering it's in the same post, no? Otherwise, why say there'd be no transferring if it is still a possibility?
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by CorvinNoikrow

We're working on something else instead and will announce details of that ... in six to eight months, probably, considering how rarely I've been posting announcements... On a more serious note, I do want to be more open about my development process and activity, but it's still too soon to be doing that. So far, I've made a really good base to work on, which is nice but not particularly interesting.
I would assume the "something else" he's referring to is the sequel, and thus this announcement. He already had a base planned out at this point in time, so I'd assume anything he said would have been referring to the "something else" considering it's in the same post, no? Otherwise, why say there'd be no transferring if it is still a possibility?
It could be, it could not be. We won't know until Noot says so himself. That post also says there won't be transfering because there's nothing to transfer to. But now he's announced something, which contradicts that statement. Until Noot confirms starts confirming stuff, I won't take anything for fact.

Pages: 123··· 6789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page