PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #1 [insert-name-here] >

Trebor's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTrebor
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngshiny.png
Just going to leave these excerpts here... <all emphasis mine>

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

... We're working on something else instead and will announce details of that ...in six to eight months, probably,... I do want to be more open about my development process and activity, but it's still too soon to be doing that. So far, I've made a really good base to work on, which is nice but not particularly interesting. As for the here and now, PFQ is not going anywhere. It will not be replaced. There will be no loss of progress, and no "Transfer" because there will be nothing to transfer away from or to. Please disregard what has been announced previously about the "Reboot". Instead, we're working on bringing PFQ out of "Public Beta" and into a "Released" state.
From Wikipedia (Software release life cycle) Release candidate "A release candidate (RC), also known as "going silver", is a beta version with potential to be a stable product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bugs. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities." Stable release "Also called production release, the stable release is the last release candidate (RC) which have passed all verifications / tests. The remaining bugs are considered as acceptable."
<Edit> (re: 'name the new game') Dictionary: red herring - /ˈˌred ˈheriNG/ noun 1. a dried smoked herring, which is turned red by the smoke. 2. something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting. Similar: bluff blind ruse feint deception
Special dragon.png delta collector Team v-fairy.png
Twinkle Tackle (Fairy)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 1/116 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page