PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123456789

Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
ultra.pnge+.png
Wait, we will have to restart? Everything? Will we have the option of playing the “original” PFQ or the new PFQ?
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
timid's Avatartimid
master.pngc+.png
Tamer - what's being discussed is a brand-new site, which presumably will be a clean slate for anyone who joins. Nothing has been said on the contrary so far. Not aside from users speculating, that is! The current plan seems to be to maintain PFQ as is, however, so we will have the option to stay here as well as join the new site.
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
ultra.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by timid

Tamer - what's being discussed is a brand-new site, which presumably will be a clean slate for anyone who joins. Nothing has been said on the contrary so far. Not aside from users speculating, that is! The current plan seems to be to maintain PFQ as is, however, so we will have the option to stay here as well as join the new site.
I was afraid of losing 2 years of hard work, I’m really close to so much. Thanks for the reassurance
Creepyeevee's AvatarCreepyeevee
grandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

Woosh. There goes a lot of your old userbase. They'd lose all their stuff if they transferred over, so what's the point? No one likes to feel that the time and effort they funneled into something is completely disregarded.
I believe the reason stuff wouldn't be transferable (if thats the case) is because this is supposed to be a completly different game unlike pfq. So it wouldn't really be compatible. (Although it's important to point out they never actually said nothing is transferable. It's just what people are assuming.) From what I understand, they weren't updating pfq as much because they initially planed to turn it into this new game. But now that they decided to make it a seperate game they plan to start upkeeping the site more now, including suggestions. If thats the case I see no reason for anyone to be upset. People seem worried that this new game will mean they'll let pfq fall apart but we shouldn't just assume the worst with so little information. They said they aren't going to do that so lets give them more than a day before we start jumping at their throats for not doing enough.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png
For the people who are saying we shouldn't be asking if our stuff is transferable: I'm probably speaking for a good number of people, but would you give up years of progress to move to a seemingly almost exactly the same game? No. That's why so many people have mentioned transfering. There's still people here from pf1. I can bet none of them want a second full reset, and us pfq natives won't want to either. I'd say most people will stay here if there's no transfering and pfq2 is just another clicker.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Huskypup1127's AvatarHuskypup1127
master.pnge+.png
Sometimes in life for progress to happen, sacrifice must be made. I honestly am excited about a new pokemon based game and even though it would be strange to start over, I think I would prefer that because it just seems boring to me if we go to the new site and already have everything, then what is the point of the game if you already have all the stuff? Besides from what I read and understand it is supposed ot be different from this site, how different? we don't know yet, which is why I agree with people saying that we shouldn't assume it will be the exact same and shouldn't assume the worst case scenario without knowing more. All I am saying is to keep an open mind, to know that the staff here has been trying to listen and i'm sure they will figure things out and will release more on the matter once more is known to them. I just don't see the need to stress over something that is not known yet and hasn't even happened yet. Between now and then a lot could happen. Though to each their own and I am not here to argue with anyone or try to change their opinion on anything, I just wish to state that I am excited and for someone who was a part of PF1 and then a member of PFQ and had to restart that one, I wouldn't mind restarting again and I am excited for a more game base idea. Also as a side note, look how much better that PFQ is compared to PF1, if change hadn't come than many of us wouldn't have the site we love now. So who knows what will happen.
Avatar art done by Kaen on wajas.
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova
grandmaster.pngc+.png
I'm sorry if this what I say is rude.. But after talking with someone... Rebot was apparently the third time it was compared to the spaghetti game code. And now Niet is taking another game, when it is not even sure if the situation will not happen again and again?
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me
KuroKishu3's AvatarKuroKishu3
grandmaster.pngc+.png
I'm gonna miss the name Pokéfarm Q...
Remember to hydrate and take breaks from the screen. Have meds to take, homework? Device to charge or a pet to feed? Probably do that too.
Quinterra's AvatarQuinterra
collector.png

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowNova

I'm sorry if this what I say is rude.. But after talking with someone... Rebot was apparently the third time it was compared to the spaghetti game code. And now Niet is taking another game, when it is not even sure if the situation will not happen again and again?
I've read around, apparently the "spaghetti code" was a result of taking PFQ out of the Facebook game stage. Niet's coding has greatly improved, so I assume the new game will be better to do updates to.
Ottsel's AvatarOttsel
grandmaster.pnge+.png
So, I like the idea of petting the Pokemon personally. The berry thing felt unfair, but maybe because I always end up hatching and obtaining Pokemon without Berry preference. A new game sounds neat, but I really miss actual updates to this game. Not just tournaments, and it's been awhile since we've had a quest. Like, I was looking forward to a Valentines one.. but alas.. I do feel PFQ is suffering from neglect on that front, but who am I to say what goes on behind the scenes? I have concerns, but most people already stated them, so I'll leave it at that.
|ღ|Icon by Ressy|ღ| |ღ| Previously known as Rattata |ღ| *Signature and Art made by Chanty for my use only*

Pages: 123456789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page