PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #1 [insert-name-here] >

söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

Why is there so much stress about something that doesn't even have the concept finalized yet? You wanted updates - you have them.
Because the entire point of why people were upset about the reboot is because no one knew anything. There were no answers. People weren't upset that a reboot was happening - people were upset that there were no details finalized at all and there was nothing staff could tell us about what to expect. And this is exactly the same. It's also terribly upsetting because those of us who were around between pf1 and pfq know this story. Trying to run two sites doesn't work. PFQ will be phased out eventually just as PF1 was - and will be left to rot for some time before then. At least the reboot offered the chance for me to keep everything I've worked so hard for on this site. I was so happy that Niet and Garth were going to try to find a way to fix the issues with the site while letting users keep their Pokemon. My delta specials are the only reason I'm on this site - and now it seems that I'm going to lose them (though we don't know for sure). Like... No one was waiting on this announcement. No one knew about this mysterious second project. There was no reason to tell us anything about it until Niet had a better understanding of what is going on with it. Also, it seems entirely disingenuous to claim you've shelved the reboot and tell your userbase PFQ is going to stay - when that's not entirely the truth. This new site is just a reboot but without the promise of keeping anything we've worked for. In short: people are upset by a vague announcement of something huge with no answers and because the new project makes it seem like Niet is just trying to skirt around the transfer/economy issue by telling us the reboot is shelved when it's not. Also, people were excited for the thought that the reboot ending meant more dev time for pfq - but that's all going to a second project now.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page