PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Spoilers Reminder

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345678

Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by SugarAngel10

After awhile will you add the gen 8? (I cannot play the game so I follow everything to be kept in the loop. Tbh i have none of the games, not even a nintendo, but whatever.) Will you add them when the cartoon comes out. I really want some of the pokemon and the starters. (its actaully why I play this! Cause I can hatch and raise pokmn and not battle. I have violence most of the time. i don't like battling in games. LOL)
We will be adding Gen 8. I can't tell you when, but I can tell you that they're coming for sure. :]
sig code and sig bg image made by me
okay inkoming wall of text I honyestly have mixed feelings about the spoilban. On the one paw, it's quite sweet of the mods to keep anyone from revealing something potentially very plot-important; I even refrained from showing a friend a funny SwSh pic because while she is cool with discussing the Pokemon, it'd be a spoiler for her. On the other paw, it can be a bit frustrating to nyot be allowed to make journyal posts talking about how much I love a certain nyew Pokemon which I still cannyot directly nyame. So it makes me all the more impatient for the nyew Pokemon to be released. Can't wait to see the nyew summons for the SwSh legends, though!
PFP is F2U by solipses on DeviantArt! To mods: I'm back from the trip! My IP address is normal again~ Proud ex-teacher at Icy's School of Spriting!Badge by matecocido!
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by JirachiStar5525

okay inkoming wall of text I honyestly have mixed feelings about the spoilban. On the one paw, it's quite sweet of the mods to keep anyone from revealing something potentially very plot-important; I even refrained from showing a friend a funny SwSh pic because while she is cool with discussing the Pokemon, it'd be a spoiler for her. On the other paw, it can be a bit frustrating to nyot be allowed to make journyal posts talking about how much I love a certain nyew Pokemon which I still cannyot directly nyame. So it makes me all the more impatient for the nyew Pokemon to be released. Can't wait to see the nyew summons for the SwSh legends, though!
Firstly, I'd like to ask you to please type normally, as this is a serious discussion thread and you kind of lose your point when you're typing like a cat and the reader has to sit there and translate it. There's a time and a place, and this is neither. You can ask your friend whether or not she is okay with hearing about spoilers in PMs - if she says no, then the natural thing to do should be to respect that and not spoil things for her. It shouldn't require a rule in order to respect someone's decision, you know? But, well, here we are. As for the Journal thing, you're more than welcome to use your Notes to jot down any and all of your in the moment thoughts on the game, as these Notes are private and nobody can be spoiled by them. When the spoiler embargo is lifted, you can copy the text from your Notes and paste it into your Journal, and post it publicly then. That said, I'm glad you're looking forward to the new Pokemon! I am as well, and I already know of a good few of them I want to hunt for shinies. I can't wait to add more to that list once I see the albinos and melans. ^^
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97
I love how the spoilers were handled during sun and moon. I don't like spoilers at all. They just take all the fun out of the new experiences in every subject. That's why I always avoid certain websites to not get spoiled. So I'm glad that the spoiler system continues and I can use this site without ruining myself with new information and not experiencing it later on. By the way. I know you probably can't answer this but is Ebenezer going to travel and write about this new region in his journal?
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Tikru97

I love how the spoilers were handled during sun and moon. I don't like spoilers at all. They just take all the fun out of the new experiences in every subject. That's why I always avoid certain websites to not get spoiled. So I'm glad that the spoiler system continues and I can use this site without ruining myself with new information and not experiencing it later on. By the way. I know you probably can't answer this but is Ebenezer going to travel and write about this new region in his journal?
I actually don't even know how Gen 8 will be handled, so I couldn't say whether Ebenezer is going to be returning or not. We'll all have to wait and see. :)
I personaly respect the rule on spoilers. I think it is a way to keep peace and not spoil new games for those who havent gotten the games yet. Besides the best thing is having fun on the site and early spoilers may spoil that fun for people who don't have the new game yet.
Panthersclaw's AvatarPanthersclaw
I'm glad we have the spoiler ban, because there are people like me who can't afford a switch and the game so we can't play it at release or Christmas. I have to wait MONTHS for the game and console to drop in price to play it. I like to be as spoiler free as possible before playing. I know it's hard to avoid them, cause people like to post spoilers a month after something comes out. Like on youtube they have spoilers in thumbnails and I hate it.
Avatar created using Pony Creator by GeneralZoi on DeviantArt, and edited by me. Final touches and shading by ElithianFox on DeviantArt (Cryss on Pokefarm)
Zevaroth's AvatarZevaroth

QUOTE originally posted by Belial

QUOTE originally posted by Zevaroth

its more like u britsh mods r just staling for the no game owners and the can beat sword and shield is 3 hours of release day with a none stop grind just to punish us master american pokemon gamers that never stop till we r champion and have the legendarys of the game so just admit it just cuz the game is based in the uk dont make u better then us ok
This isn't about who is better, and that was never a part of the equation, so starting with that foot forward is... not good. So please don't. We're all equal here. Not everyone can afford the game at release, and as I've said, it's so people (worldwide, mind you) who can't get it immediately can have a little bit of time to get it and enjoy it some before being bombarded with spoilers from every direction. Edit: Also, I'm American, so... Yeah.
still about 90%-97% of the world knows the starters by now and a certain "pokemon" that the 8th gym leader has its not like adding those 4 in early would be spoilers when the pokemon company announced them world wide 3-4 months before the games came out but thats just my way of thinking
h o r i z o n's Avatarh o r i z o n
Not everyone watched the official announcement videos. People who want to avoid spoilers certainly wouldn't have. Its not hurting anything to have a spoiler policy in place until things are released on site.
kase. male he/him. 25. bg
f2u @hamha.tumblr.com
|code
@is it necessary + @hercules, edits by me
pixel
@gaelson, commission by @canine
|icon
@gezeichnet
sig image
@jurobii
characters are mine
and @canine's
Zevaroth, some people in this thread have even specifically stated that they're trying to remain as spoiler free as they possibly can as they cannot afford the games or cannot afford a Switch. This has been PFQ's way of doing things for a while now, they did it with Alola and are doing it with the new generation. It's nothing about any mods thinking they're 'better than anyone' just because the game region is based on the UK. (In fact I'm pretty sure the majority of the mods on Pokefarm don't even come from the UK) Just because a lot of people do know the new gen Pokemon doesn't mean it's ok to spoil it for everyone else who can't afford the games and wants to remain spoiler-free until they can either get the games for Christmas, or until PFQ releases the new gen. Even though I spoil myself on purpose, I'm thankful that PFQ has these spoiler bans in action so that it doesn't get ruined for others who want to experience the game first when they're able to. Thank you Bel for this 'guide' on what is and isn't okay! c:

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page