PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéFarm "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 515253545556

Porrim's AvatarPorrim

In reply - "negative" stuff

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

@Porrim That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I won't enjoy the new site if everyone that can transfer all their items and pokemon, does transfer all their items and pokemon. Everyone may have worked hard for it on this site, but I don't think that should give them the ability to just start out with it on the new site. I don't see how that will make for a fun game that lasts. I don't see how it will help improve the economy. I don't see how it will be fair to people that are also starting the new site, but can't transfer any of their items or pokemon, because they didn't play the old site. The reboot is a new site, it's going to have new stuff, it's going to probably take out some current stuff, it's going to be different than this site. Thus, making it a new site. I have been on this site for 3 years, I'm pretty sure I qualify as an "old player" and yet I am the one saying this. Am I still being unfair? I'm saying all of this to express what I think would make the game more enjoyable. Am I still being unfair to old players? I'm saying all of this as an opinion. Gonna ask one more time, am I still being unfair? Does my opinion on this situation actually impact the decision? I don't know. I don't see how I am being unfair to anyone by sharing my opinion. It's gonna tons of disagreement anyways, so I hardly see it actually impacting and changing what will be done for the reboot, to be completely honest. But again, it's just an opinion, and an unpopular one at that. It's being said because I think it will make for a more fun game, one that I personally will enjoy more. The market can't just change because 1 user decides to stop pricing things so low. Everyone has this unofficial price for specials, that is used. You either price your stuff at that, or you don't sell, or you get lucky and someone buys. If users just transfer all their stuff onto the new site, what's gonna stop them from using the same prices? Nothing, and again, I think the old prices will be used if people just transfer all their stuff onto the new site. Restarting everyone from scratch will, actually, help the value of both pokemon and items, raise and actually be worth something again. People saying that they don't want the market fixed because they don't want things priced higher again is... dumb. It's a little selfish, as well. Not wanting things to have value because you worry you won't be able to afford it isn't really fair? In my opinion? So, again, I think the way we fix the economy is by not letting people bring onto the new site, all their items and all their hunt specials.
It's a reboot, not a new site, stop treating it like it is one. Also yes the market can literally be changed by one person. One person had to decide that they wanted to sell DP for 2ZC. Then other people were like "oh sick, I will price it that way too." One person is all it takes to change an economy because! The economy is made up of people! It's not a living entity! You could not buy things priced too low. Advise people they're pricing too low. List your sales at higher prices. Get people to do the same. This is the way you fix an economy. Enough people clearly want to see it fixed so we could easily fix it. But clearing everything away is not the way to do it. Also I don't appreciate you calling me selfish when this whole reply you made is you saying "this is just what will make reboot fun *for me*" Also I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate the idea of account locked Pokemon. Trade evolves? Can't do em. Dex trades? No more. My goal was to get a living shiny dex just so I could dex trade them to people who needed them, that's literally been my soul goal of this game, and that'll be crushed by account locked mons.
That being said I'm really liking the ideas for new features I've been seeing here. Especially the trade system ideas.
Memento Mori.
nikao's Avatarnikao

QUOTE originally posted by ArtisticUmbresol

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

I dont know. All I know is that Garthic said the transfer will be a permanent move of your data from PFQ to PF3, meaning it can only be done once. If you decide not to transfer your old data and instead make a new account, but then later decide you want to transfer your data, I dont know what happens. I would just worry that if the transfer cannot be connected to an already existing new account then you run the risk of being accused of having 2 accounts active.
but wouldnt you have to make a new account to move things over to anyway?
I did understand it like this , that you can play on both, as long as this one now does pays off and is used/played.....but when you move your things from here to there(PF3), you only can move the Pokémon and item and what not over to the new game once, but not back again here. It will stay there then.
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Gørdeen's AvatarGørdeen
"So am I in all honesty, it'd be nice if we could perhaps veer the discussion into something more positive like things you hope get added" I think it's a good idea to talk about what we hope will get added in the Reboot ^ ^ Im hoping that we could do something with our Pokemons other than just for Collecting sake (more uses for them; more stuff to do with them) Id love to feed them berries even if it does nothing (what I mean here is feeding the berries in the inventory, not the ones you feed pokemon with in the fields that can raise EXP) @SamEarl13 Also, agreed there could be a Safari Zone instead!
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
I don't think there will be a safari zone in pf3 because some people did suggest that to be added here and niet said that if you want a safari zone go play a cannon game and besides fishing is pretty much pfq's version of the safari zone Edit found the a similar quote:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If you want battles to work the same way as the official games, go pick up an official game. Then find me a team of dozens of professional developers and pay them for me, then I'll consider it.
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Heh, can I just say that's the funniest Niet quote I've ever heard? "If you want a Safari Zone, GO PLAY A CANON GAME!" XD And I honestly agree, I hate having my favorite Pokemon just sitting around the fields with not much to do. If there was an interactive feature, it'd be a dream come true for me, although I understand that's probably tough to do.
PFP is F2U by solipses on DeviantArt! To mods: I'm back from the trip! My IP address is normal again~ Proud ex-teacher at Icy's School of Spriting!Badge by matecocido!
Gørdeen's AvatarGørdeen
"If you want a Safari Zone, GO PLAY A CANON GAME!" Actually kinda sound harsh but okay :p @JirachiStar Yeah, you pretty much says what I wanted in the Reboot ^ ^
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
That's a bit of an exaggeration of what I said XD But the basic idea holds true: if you want a duplicate of a feature that exists in the core games, honestly, you'd be better off playing the core games. PFQ is here to explore Pokémon from a different angle. While some features have been carried over (eg. Berry Blender), most are quite different (eg. Dojo - where battles are spars and only last five turns of independent action). It is not PFQ's purpose to duplicate core games - that's how shutdowns happen ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
I just find that quote hilarious XD
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
I couldn't find your exact quote but I remember you said something like that lol I was trying to find it in the rejected suggestions forum
Gørdeen's AvatarGørdeen

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

That's a bit of an exaggeration of what I said XD But the basic idea holds true: if you want a duplicate of a feature that exists in the core games, honestly, you'd be better off playing the core games. PFQ is here to explore Pokémon from a different angle. While some features have been carried over (eg. Berry Blender), most are quite different (eg. Dojo - where battles are spars and only last five turns of independent action). It is not PFQ's purpose to duplicate core games - that's how shutdowns happen ;)
Hmmm, I think you made a point Going by the logic it is true that we better off playing the Canon games if we want that certain feature Thanks for explaining ^ ^

Pages: 123··· 515253545556

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page